Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 13:31 Quote
Maxxis are really good and do hands down the most comprehensive/ complete range of tyres

Almost a dozen treads for serious MTBs, most of which are available in 4 casings and 3 compounds

EXO / EXO+ / DD / DH

DC / Maxx Terra / Maxx Grip

I have however been using Michelins for a few years now and rate those a lot. I've had several sets of Wild Enduros and I find those to be a great fit-and-forget do-everything setup. Look nice as well.

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 14:21 Quote
I really hate the dhf, I've had sticky 2.3 and 2.5 and hated every minute they were on the bike. The cheap 2.6 that came on the ebike were even worse.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 15:23 Quote
I run DHRII/Assegai on my Altitude, But considering the price, I think I will go back to butchers when these die. Or try Contis.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 16:22 Quote
I have a box full of DHRII's, box full of Dissector's, and a box full of Assegai's. I'm committed for a few years now lol

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 16:58 Quote
Assegai front and whatever I happen to buy out back in.

I used a dhr 2 for the first time surprisingly last year and it did a fairly good job.

I think I will try the Xynotal in 29 in the DH casing. I tried the enduro casing last year it was sturdy and didn't pinchflat but did ding my rim with similar pressures as the Big Betty I was running before . I like the casing stiffness of Schwalbe SuperGravity but I am not a fan of their rubber compounds though.

The softer cap rubber seams a bit thinner than other companies and you end up on the base rubber compound pretty quickly or they just loose their softness quickly.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 17:07 Quote
the DH casing specialized tires are quite good. I like maxxis when i can actually find what i want, but paying 100 usd for a tire that wears out in two months kinda blows.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 8:27 Quote
I run dual Michelin DH22s on my ebike. When you get them shipped they arrive in a wheel box! They use up lots more battery but it is worth it for the grip in steep terrain where a heavy ebike just wants to do it's own thing.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 14:40 Quote
I despise SpecialEd as much as the next as a company, but back 30 years ago, they actually made some good products, tires being one of them.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 15:27 Quote
^^^^ I have the same feels as this guy. And we are not old. lol

Mod
Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 15:52 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
^^^^ I have the same feels as this guy. And we are not old. lol
ive got a set of those super narrow specialized easton bars. ~150 grams and are so thin you can bend them by hand if you squeeze in the right way. "compliance"

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 16:49 Quote
photo

Just mounted my new Maxxis Forekaster, and it's a lot beefier and more aggressive than i thought. Haven't ridden it yet. Should be a great rear tire. It's about the same width as an Assegai.

Top tire is a Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5.
Bottom tire is a Maxxis Forekaster 27.5x2.4.

Both tires mounted to a 30mm internal width rim.

Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 13:26 Quote
vielenjank wrote:
I run dual Michelin DH22s on my ebike. When you get them shipped they arrive in a wheel box! They use up lots more battery but it is worth it for the grip in steep terrain where a heavy ebike just wants to do it's own thing.

I have a DH22 in the garage. The Wild Enduro racing line on the back of my DH bike is pretty much toast after 3 weeks in Morzine and some UK uplifts - so I'm looking forward to chucking the DH22 on the back soon.

Agree with others that the Specialized Tires are probably the best value tires out there atm. If I was paying full ticket price they would probably be my choice, or right up there

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 21:55 Quote
yeah the cannibal is sick, especially at EP. kind of hard to pay 70-80usd for maxxis when the cannibal is just as burly/grippy

Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 0:39 Quote
Depending on conditions I either run Hillbilly front, Eliminator rear or, Eliminator front, Slaughter rear on my enduro bike. The enduro doesn't get much use and these tyres were cheap and work really well.

Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 8:38 Quote
Any UK guys running 27.5

£20 Pirelli Scorpion Enduro Soft Hardwall (the thicker Enduro casing)

https://www.evanscycles.com/pirelli-pirelli-scorpion-enduro-soft-hardwall-275x24

£18 same tyre as above in the trail casing

https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/pirelli/pirelli-scorpion-trail-rear-prowall-275x24-720063#colcode=72006303

Don't know how good they are, but £18-20 a tubeless tyre in proper casings can't go too far wrong

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.057244
Mobile Version of Website