EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 7:34 Quote
undead and ohlins

i rode 1 day with this shock but my 450 lbs ti spring and its too hard for my weight, i have 76kg, its feels stif but with 2014 rc4 was too soft, i will try 388lbs ohlins yellow spring but i dont know if the bike will have good pedaling performance

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 11:43 Quote
HOLD THE PHONE

Either that shock came off a demo or your a wizard, so what'll it be oO

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
you can get the shocks individually now.. no need to buy a demo and throw it away just for the shock Wink

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
you can get the shocks individually now.. no need to buy a demo and throw it away just for the shock Wink

yeah, probably almost cheaper though.haha those ohlins are EXPENSIVE!!$

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 13:58 Quote
i get from Demo 2014, its not for sale but specialized dealers will have for sale and will cost like 950$

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 5:41 Quote
I've just noticed something with my frame that I've never noticed before on this frame, or any other for that matter, hopefully someone can help me out?
When my bike is just standing there as usual, if I hold the nose of my seat and pull up there's a 'clunk' of a top out. so if i were to compress into a jump and then pop the takeoff, I'd get this 'clunk'. It's dark and I'm tired so haven thoroughly examined it yet, but it's in the shock/linkage area. I don't believe it's the play in the bearings so may get, it may actually be normal and I just haven't noticed it before, but it feels like I would have noticed it in the past had it been there.. any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 7:20 Quote
Shock bushings is a good spot to check. Could also be in the shock if its time for a rebuild.

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 10:04 Quote
Twodogsfarking wrote:
I've just noticed something with my frame that I've never noticed before on this frame, or any other for that matter, hopefully someone can help me out?
When my bike is just standing there as usual, if I hold the nose of my seat and pull up there's a 'clunk' of a top out. so if i were to compress into a jump and then pop the takeoff, I'd get this 'clunk'. It's dark and I'm tired so haven thoroughly examined it yet, but it's in the shock/linkage area. I don't believe it's the play in the bearings so may get, it may actually be normal and I just haven't noticed it before, but it feels like I would have noticed it in the past had it been there.. any suggestions?

its the bearings in the dlink

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 17:50 Quote
Thanks guys, about to go have a good look right now. I have the replacement bearing kit, so may aswell swap them out now regardless. Shock bushings could very well be it, the shock has only had maybe 10 hrs use so not rebuild time yet.. Will keep you updated. Cheers!

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 18:16 Quote
Twodogsfarking wrote:
Thanks guys, about to go have a good look right now. I have the replacement bearing kit, so may aswell swap them out now regardless. Shock bushings could very well be it, the shock has only had maybe 10 hrs use so not rebuild time yet.. Will keep you updated. Cheers!

Allmost garrented that it is the shock bushings.

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 23:22 Quote
Matt-Levasseur wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:

nope its the spherical d link bearings. common fault. i had this fault so did many others. it is not the shock bushings. it is the dlink bearings

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 0:56 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
Matt-Levasseur wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:

nope its the spherical d link bearings. common fault. i had this fault so did many others. it is not the shock bushings. it is the dlink bearings

This is my only concern with the Undead. I wish they had specced larger bearings even with a weight penalty. The ones in my Operator put them to shame for reliability..

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 1:25 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
Matt-Levasseur wrote:

This is my only concern with the Undead. I wish they had specced larger bearings even with a weight penalty. The ones in my Operator put them to shame for reliability..
i dnt think its the size its just that spherical bearings were a bad choice. replace them and issue solved.
u have to remember that evil dont have the r n d and money behind them that the likes of kona, spesh etc. and for me they aint done a bad job.

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 3:54 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

i dnt think its the size its just that spherical bearings were a bad choice. replace them and issue solved.
u have to remember that evil dont have the r n d and money behind them that the likes of kona, spesh etc. and for me they aint done a bad job.

Don't get me wrong, i love the bike but i'm a big lad and tend to be hard on bearings. I haven't had to use the linkage rebuild kit yet only the updated bolts. The Kona bearings are massive at every pivot and i know i would get multiple seasons out of them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013589
Mobile Version of Website