Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
A) Stop assuming sh!t. That's a death trap.
B) If she's your age, she thinks what you did was actually kinda cool...cause it's different, and it's a little bad-ass, and a little bit "no f*cks given." So you're fine.
C)Anyone says anything about it, try to keep a fairly straight face, and say, "Oh ya...foot slipped off the clutch." And then stop talking. The sooner you learn the art of knowing when to stop talking, the better. It will serve you well the rest of your adult life.

Keep your initial conversation light, and keep it about her and her interests. DON'T START TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF, and don't run your mouth. Learn to be an outstanding listener, and how to comfortably look someone in the eyes when they speak, and when you speak to them....without looking into their eyes for too long, and too creepy. A few seconds, look briefly away, pleasantly, maybe with a nice blink, and that gives them a break from "intensity" and then look back. Repeat, at random intervals, so that you don't look like a machine, or a dork.

Try to remember that she gets up every morning and wrecks a bathroom, just like you. So treat her like a person at your level. She's not special, and she's not on a pedestal.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
My 2 cents

If she does think you are a jack@$$, I would always first try to explain the reason's behind why you did it. The "driving force" (pun intended) behind your actions. For me it would be something like this but of course more conversationally:

Explain that for some rreason, us guys REALLY like cars. A lot. Same with bikes...

They are awesome, and I kind of have this fascination with the idea that a human building on a few hundred years of collective manufacturing experiance, with some specialized tooling and know-how, can cut blocks of metal into very special and specific shapes, assemble them, add some gasoline/diesel, sit in the vehicle and push on a pedal sticking out of the floor and magically you can travel at 140+ MPH. Wow!

Then I would explain how guys get this immense satisfaction fro learning to control things that are made to interact mechanically with the human bodies (bikes, cars, tools, bows and arrows, etcetera) and yes, you did something kind of dumb and noisy but it's because of this fascination with this machine you love. It's a guy thing. Ths may help you get into explaining about how you love, love , LOVE to mountain bike and learning to interact with your bike and terrain is just the best thing ever.

Finish off with accepting responsibility that it may have not been the best idea and you will try to reign it in, in future. or something along those lines...

In a nutshell: let her know why you did it, let her know a little of the reasons why you/guys enjoy such things and then accept responsibility about it and I think she will see you aren't just another young idiot burning his tires and making noise tup Make sure she knows your actions come from a place of fascination and wanting to learn to master a skill.

Beer !

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 18:06 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
My 2 cents

If she does think you are a jack@$$, I would always first try to explain the reason's behind why you did it. The "driving force" (pun intended) behind your actions. For me it would be something like this but of course more conversationally:

Explain that for some rreason, us guys REALLY like cars. A lot. Same with bikes...

They are awesome, and I kind of have this fascination with the idea that a human building on a few hundred years of collective manufacturing experiance, with some specialized tooling and know-how, can cut blocks of metal into very special and specific shapes, assemble them, add some gasoline/diesel, sit in the vehicle and push on a pedal sticking out of the floor and magically you can travel at 140+ MPH. Wow!

Then I would explain how guys get this immense satisfaction fro learning to control things that are made to interact mechanically with the human bodies (bikes, cars, tools, bows and arrows, etcetera) and yes, you did something kind of dumb and noisy but it's because of this fascination with this machine you love. It's a guy thing. Ths may help you get into explaining about how you love, love , LOVE to mountain bike and learning to interact with your bike and terrain is just the best thing ever.

Finish off with accepting responsibility that it may have not been the best idea and you will try to reign it in, in future. or something along those lines...

In a nutshell: let her know why you did it, let her know a little of the reasons why you/guys enjoy such things and then accept responsibility about it and I think she will see you aren't just another young idiot burning his tires and making noise tup Make sure she knows your actions come from a place of fascination and wanting to learn to master a skill.

Beer !

I'm gonna go with; absolutely DO NOT do this. I'm not trollin' ya rosemarywheel.

There's no gal of any age who's going to (want to) stand there and listen to some guy chaining together a bunch of what is clearly BS, and has been made into "all about himself."

There is no need or reason to discuss the burn-out. Discussing it either says, "HEY DID YOU SEE THAT!!!!" at which point our friend here looks like a 5yr old......or it says, "I'M AN IDIOT FOR DOING SUCH A THING IN OUR CHURCH PARKING LOT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!"

The burn-out is a statement about who our friend is, hence why it was done. No further discussion about it(with her) needs to be generated. She's either fine with it, or she's not. If she's not, and our friend will likely discover that once he has a little chat with her, then she's not the right one for him anyway, and he can simply move on.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
"There's no gal of any age who's going to (want to) stand there and listen to some guy chaining together a bunch of what is clearly BS, and has been made into "all about himself."

It all sounds worse on the screen, doesn't it? The point isn't to make it all about himself, just explain. I myself would appreciate it if someone did that instead of letting me assume things.

Damn I wish I was better at this writing schpiel. Everyone else sounds so eloquent Facepalm at the very least people get what I mean when we're face-to-face.

...and I know you weren't trolling, Mate! Beer

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
^^^ this

Knew you wouldn't approve! Rolleyes Razz

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:36 Quote
Anyone else cringing besides me?

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
fredro wrote:
Who else is cringing?

*sigh*

Hi Fredro. Long time no see! How's life going for ya?

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
^^^ this

New you wouldn't approve! Rolleyes Razz
The only place that emo shit is gonna take you with the ladies is to the darkest corners of the friend zone.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
^^^ this

The only place that emo shit is gonna take you with the ladies is to the darkest corners of the friend zone.

Whatever. You've never met me, but do continue deciding who I am without ever actually seeing me in real life. I have had plenty of lovely conversation's with women my age without them running away ASAP.

...And dammnit! I spelled "Knew" wrong Redface

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Whatever. You've never met me, but do continue deciding who I am without ever actually seeing me in real life. I have had plenty of lovely conversation's with women my age without them running away ASAP

Apologies if my response led to what felt like bashing you.

All sorts of ways to handle our friend's situation, and everyone will have a different approach. I was just sharing the angle that I have on it.

Our friend's sequence of events is not that big of a deal, and IMO opinion, he should leave it alone. Gals are smart, and they can smell a weasel a mile away. So I'm suggesting that he simply treat her as an equal, chat with her, about her, using a skill that he should be working on (listening and being interested in her), and if she's interested, he'll know in a few seconds. There are all sorts of times where a couple can share their feelings, blah, blah, blah. This isn't that. Again, just my opinion.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 20:25 Quote
ToddM1 wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Whatever. You've never met me, but do continue deciding who I am without ever actually seeing me in real life. I have had plenty of lovely conversation's with women my age without them running away ASAP

Apologies if my response led to what felt like bashing you.

All sorts of ways to handle our friend's situation, and everyone will have a different approach. I was just sharing the angle that I have on it.

Our friend's sequence of events is not that big of a deal, and IMO opinion, he should leave it alone. Gals are smart, and they can smell a weasel a mile away. So I'm suggesting that he simply treat her as an equal, chat with her, about her, using a skill that he should be working on (listening and being interested in her), and if she's interested, he'll know in a few seconds. There are all sorts of times where a couple can share their feelings, blah, blah, blah. This isn't that. Again, just my opinion.

No worries mate. I was talking to BBLB. You are quite respectful, Beeble likes to steamroll.

In the end, we all hope the thing with this girl works out for our freind up there Smile

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 20:34 Quote
Group hug.......lol

You young guys think meeting/talking to/dating is challenging now? You ought to see what it's like in your late 50's.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Whatever. You've never met me, but do continue deciding who I am without ever actually seeing me in real life. I have had plenty of lovely conversation's with women my age without them running away ASAP.

Literally nothing I said in any way judged anything but the advice you just gave, and I never said anything about anyone running anywhere... but having "lovely conversations" isn't exactly the name of the game.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Literally nothing I said in any way judged anything but the advice you just gave, and I never said anything about anyone running anywhere... but having "lovely conversations" isn't exactly the name of the game.

Mate, I would love to get along with everyone I meet including you. But I am young and unexperienced in life and you are very much set in your ways. I won't see the world like you for a very long time (and some parts I hope never to see eye-to-eye with you) but I hope we can get along despite that.

I just see anything I say that you don't agree with getting BBLB'ed to hell again and again. I don't care anymore, but it seems like the only way you ever invite peeps outside of your circle in is when you invite them over so you can punch them, instead of trying to get along.

And just FYI, the first gal I ever asked out happened to be right after one of those "lovely conversations". And she said yes. I don't know what more to "the game" there is, not to mention it isn't a game.

Cheers, "Rosie"

P.S. Lets just get along, Eh? there's too much shit in this world to add any more on purpose.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020738
Mobile Version of Website