Good fork choice for a Giant Reign

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Good fork choice for a Giant Reign
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 10, 2013 at 2:17 Quote
Hi there,

i'm looking around for decent forks that would suit a Giant Reign but not sure which forks would be ideal

i have my eye on a fox 32 vanilla 140mm travel with a 15mm axle, would this for be a perfect fit for the reign?

if not which fork would?

(i'm not talking about the reign x which is more at home with a marzocchi 66 or a rockshox totem i'm talking about the one which is more of an all mountain/aggressive cross country bike)

thanks in advance for your responses

kind regards,

Rob

O+
Posted: May 10, 2013 at 5:15 Quote
kayakosaeki66 wrote:
Hi there,

i'm looking around for decent forks that would suit a Giant Reign but not sure which forks would be ideal

i have my eye on a fox 32 vanilla 140mm travel with a 15mm axle, would this for be a perfect fit for the reign?

if not which fork would?

(i'm not talking about the reign x which is more at home with a marzocchi 66 or a rockshox totem i'm talking about the one which is more of an all mountain/aggressive cross country bike)

kind regards,

Rob
Hey Rob, you need a 150mm on the standard reign, it is a 6 inch travel bike, I would try and find a Fox32 150mm with a 15mm thur axel to put that bike right at home, you could even go 160mm 36 if your a bit more adventureoustup

Posted: May 10, 2013 at 5:37 Quote
philctbiker wrote:
kayakosaeki66 wrote:
Hi there,

if not which fork would?

kind regards,

Rob
Hey Rob, you need a 150mm on the standard reign, it is a 6 inch travel bike, I would try and find a Fox32 150mm with a 15mm thur axel to put that bike right at home, you could even go 160mm 36 if your a bit more adventureoustup

lol the 32 that i found is £200 which in my opinion is a bargain if all goes well on ebay i'll have a £400 budget BUT the only downside is it is to fund the reign frame and the fork. if 160mm works with the reign then sods law is working it's magic as i recently sold my specialized enduro to fund a decent dh frame and the enduro i sold had an 160mm rockshox domain on it. chances are the fox 32 will sell before i have a chance to buy it knowing my luck anyway. but a 36 for £200?? that'd be a bargain if ever i saw one. i suppose if it's a 6" travel bike then a 6" that climbs as good as you say it does then 10mm extra travel up front wouldn't hurt and would mean a little less chance of bottoming out (not that i have ever bottomed anything out before lol the trails where i live are nothing compared to other places anyway thanks man i'll be on the look out for 150 - 160mm forks preferably fox since they are the bees knees when it comes to suspension. Wink

O+
Posted: May 3, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
had a reign and always wished it had a bigger fork than a 32. Pike or Fox 34

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 6:36 Quote
codypup wrote:
had a reign and always wished it had a bigger fork than a 32. Pike or Fox 34

I have a 2013 Reign 1 and want to replace the 32 Talas 150 with a Pike. But 150 mm or 160mm? I don't want to change the all mountain character of the bike. Fox 32 has a2c 521 and Pikes 532 and 542. The bike also comes with Revelation with a2c of 530.
Any ideas?

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 9:44 Quote
160. U will appreciate the slacked angles

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 12:03 Quote
im running a new Fox float 36 with an a2c of 528mm The bike climbs better than it did with my 36 float 2013. both 160mm forks.

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 0:54 Quote
What about steep uphills?
Do i need you think Dual Position?

Can we compare Reign 13 with 160 Pike with a Reign 2015?
Difficult?

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
tjteo wrote:
What about steep uphills?
Do i need you think Dual Position?

Can we compare Reign 13 with 160 Pike with a Reign 2015?
Difficult?
2015 reign or fox? I have some steep climbs i do they are not long. Keep in mind its not going to climb like a XC bike. For a long travel bike it climbs well. I rode a pike on my reign and was not really impressed. I am not a fan of 3 position compression settings though. I like to set my compression based on what I am doing not based on what someone thinks is a good setting. Also on high speed chatter found the pike rather less pressive. in all other aspects it was a very capable fork that performed very well. I like the fox 36 for the ability to adjust my high and low speed compression with ease externally. Can get a good pedal platform easily and if i dont like something make changes. The fit dampner is awesome at this and is much better on the new 2015. The older ones performed fine but had issues with brake dive and other minor points with air needed for proper sag compared to air needed for proper ride. Those both have been fixed in the new fit and air system.

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
I know it is too early but I would like a comparison between reign 27.5 2015 and reign 26 2013 with a 160 fork for steep climbs

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
Dilemma. Should I put a 160mm fork on my 2013 Reign 1 or should I replace the whole bike with 2015 Reign 2? Anybody have a thought? What should you do?

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 14:19 Quote
Depends what you are going to use it for:
Trail and All Mountain- Rockshox Pike or for a more wallet friendly fork; Marzocci 650CR which I am considering putting on my Trance
Downhill/Freeride- Rockshox Domain

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
The new reign has some nice geo numbers. Slacker,longer wheel base. Looks to be a sick sled. I won't be buying another giant after my reign x though. Actually if I knew what I know now would have never bought this one. Worst customer service, iscg mounts don't work, horrible warranty support for the bearing that wiped out in 6 months. Be looking elsewhere for my next ride.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
USMC wrote:
The new reign has some nice geo numbers. Slacker,longer wheel base. Looks to be a sick sled. I won't be buying another giant after my reign x though. Actually if I knew what I know now would have never bought this one. Worst customer service, iscg mounts don't work, horrible warranty support for the bearing that wiped out in 6 months. Be looking elsewhere for my next ride.
You serious!!! Giant are good man and ive never had any trouble with them. Did you buy direct online?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012685
Mobile Version of Website