Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post*
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
His username is "ORhvac". I bought a shock from him, and it is totally blown, and destroyed. Even though he stated in the add that it was "brand new"

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Can you mark someone as a potential scammer for me?
Who? What? Mods can help and watch the thread to the extent they can, but info needs to be provided... e.g. user "x" sold bike "y" to me for "z" amount in "such and such" condition, but the frame was cracked.
*Edit* Nvm your second post is better Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Thank you for that. And hi mtbikeaddict. I just talked to you. I am the one with the purple intense tracer that i am selling

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
The one that is blown is the one that is on the tracer I am selling. I took it to fluid focus, and they made it brand new like it was meant to be. It looked brand new when I received it, but it was blown, and the rebound was broken.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Thank you for that. And hi mtbikeaddict. I just talked to you. I am the one with the purple intense tracer that i am selling
Yup. Smile Hi. Smile Happy to help. Partially wanted to make sure you weren't thinking I was a scammer somehow. lol PS I edited my first post, I posted that before you made the followup, so... it's all good. Feel free to ignore it. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
Ok cool. I hope you find that specialized enduro you have been looking for

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:33 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Ok cool. I hope you find that specialized enduro you have been looking for
Oh thanks! I actually found an Enduro I've got my eye on right now, so fingers crossed, but at this point I'll honestly take pretty much anything. But, thanks! Anyways, back to topic. Redface

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
Ok, ya. What am I supposed to do about it?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
I want him to be punished in some way, as the amount if money I spent total is enough to buy me a brand new one

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
Can he be flagged as a scammer?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Can he be flagged as a scammer?
Short answer yes it is possible, longer answer it actually happening depends... It's up to the mods... sometimes they'll try to contact the the guy first... if you've got pics, texts, pm's or other such evidence usually he'll be flagged pretty quickly.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
i dont. but will a picture of the receipt of what i payed to be done to the shock be enough?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
20060713 wrote:
i dont. but will a picture of the receipt of what i payed to be done to the shock be enough?
Possibly. I really don't know. I'm assuming you've already to work it out with him first? I checked his profile and he doesn't seem to have any buy/sell records so that won't help. If you've already reached a dead end with him then yeah just document everything you can here: correspondence with him, purchase price and condition, received condition, repairs etc.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
First off, how long ago did you buy this shock.? and, did you via paypal for services/goods. If you did buy within the last 3 months via paypal, then you can file a claim. IF you paid via paypal friends or family, you pretty much out of luck. What you will need to file a claim is documentation of what the seller stated the condition was, pic's always are a good thing. Next I would take the shock to a good bike shop, and have them verify the shock is damaged, ask them to write a repair order if you can. Then present the repair order to paypal. Keep in mind, you want to ask for a Full Refund, due the item was Not as described.. Good luck.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Thank you. Ya, I took it t9 fluid focus here in San Marcos, and I got an order for from them with the repairs done to it

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012115
Mobile Version of Website