Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
20060713 wrote:
Can he be flagged as a scammer?
Short answer yes it is possible, longer answer it actually happening depends... It's up to the mods... sometimes they'll try to contact the the guy first... if you've got pics, texts, pm's or other such evidence usually he'll be flagged pretty quickly.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
i dont. but will a picture of the receipt of what i payed to be done to the shock be enough?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
20060713 wrote:
i dont. but will a picture of the receipt of what i payed to be done to the shock be enough?
Possibly. I really don't know. I'm assuming you've already to work it out with him first? I checked his profile and he doesn't seem to have any buy/sell records so that won't help. If you've already reached a dead end with him then yeah just document everything you can here: correspondence with him, purchase price and condition, received condition, repairs etc.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
First off, how long ago did you buy this shock.? and, did you via paypal for services/goods. If you did buy within the last 3 months via paypal, then you can file a claim. IF you paid via paypal friends or family, you pretty much out of luck. What you will need to file a claim is documentation of what the seller stated the condition was, pic's always are a good thing. Next I would take the shock to a good bike shop, and have them verify the shock is damaged, ask them to write a repair order if you can. Then present the repair order to paypal. Keep in mind, you want to ask for a Full Refund, due the item was Not as described.. Good luck.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Thank you. Ya, I took it t9 fluid focus here in San Marcos, and I got an order for from them with the repairs done to it

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
Hi guys. Suspect advert here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2670966/

£1k used frame/shock for £300 on a new account.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
ratcat wrote:

looks sus, “any offer, no trades, will shop globally”
probably stolen if anything

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
sosburn wrote:
ratcat wrote:

looks sus, “any offer, no trades, will shop globally”
probably stolen if anything

Very sus I messaged the guy wanted bank transfer. Photos of the frame on different add.

I don't get how the account has not been banned yet in all honesty. How many people will get done over before it's to late

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
Anybody else get an inbox from user Nelly505?

Got one for both my ads and it was a rather lovely offer of herself and all I had to do was follow her totally safe hyperlinks! Seen a couple posts pop up on Facebook groups already about it.

Sex bots on Pinkbike ads, what a time to be alive.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
ratcat wrote:

Got one for both my ads and it was a rather lovely offer of herself and all I had to do was follow her totally safe hyperlinks! Seen a couple posts pop up on Facebook groups already about it.

Yep just got one, reported and blocked. Having all that PVA glue on her face cant be healthy ????

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
ratcat wrote:

I did I told her I would rather ride my bike then f*ck her

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
I had 6 messages from Nelly505 but looks like Admin at Pinkbike deleted them before I had a chance to read them

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
I had 19 message notifications from Nelly 505 whilst I was at work this morning! When I got home but PB had deleted them and removed the users profile.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I got the same thing. PB deleted before I got a chance to see the mail. Only problem I have now is there's a hanging '1 unread message' in my inbox that won't go away, even though the email is gone...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012349
Mobile Version of Website