ENDURO whats best 26" VS 650b VS 29er

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
ENDURO whats best 26" VS 650b VS 29er
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
right lets forget travel and geometry what is the best wheel size for all out speed and fun in the world of enduro ridding??

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 20:31 Quote
Jerome is all that needs to be said

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 12:04 Quote
I have a 26&29 they are both good in their own ways. Really, I'd say it depends on the terrain you're riding. If you got more downhill than up 26 is the move. That being said, if you're going up and down 29in all day pal. My advice is try both. My 29 is single speed so it makes things a little different so I don't got practically the same bike with different wheel sizes.

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 15:23 Quote
I'd say it completely depends on terrain. I'm happy with 650b for my "do everything" bike, but clearly there are people supporting all three sizes for all types of riding. I certainly admit that nothing rolls like a 29'er and the 650 really doesn't come close to them in that aspect. To me a 650 really rides almost identical to a 26", but just a touch smoother and faster rolling. As I write this I'm realizing... surely this has been discussed a billion times.

Dead Horse

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 16:08 Quote
Whatever your most comfortable on.

Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 4:07 Quote
yer I think it has been but its good to have some views of people you dont know as well, i mean im looking to buy an enduro bike my mate has a 650b and its soo so much quicker than my 26 trail bike. so i was looking at going big wheeled but is a 29er to big to have fun on the down hills?

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 0:11 Quote
For me it's just a case of whatever wheel size the bike I want comes with! Just got myself a 650b AM bike but TBH I wasn't looking at one specifically when I bought it. It just so happened that most of the bikes in that category were only available in 650b.

That being said I am extremely happy with the bike and how it rides. I bought it blind without a test ride so was a little concerned about all the people saying that I wouldn't have as much fun on 650b compared to my previous 26". That was a lie - the new bike is a hoot to ride. I definitely think it's faster but I doubt it's all the wheel size. I realise now that most the people hating on wheel size haven't ridden them at all, that or are comparing an aggressive AM 26" bike against an XC race 29er (I've actually heard that comparison a lot from people who are strongly against 29!).

I also think it depends a lot on the exact bike. I know that there are some bikes that are just more fun to ride than others in the same category. Pinkbike reviewed the Enduro 29er a while back and seemed to love it!

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 2:11 Quote
I like my 29er, climbing on it is great, it can pick up and maintain some serious speed on the flats, and it does what I need it to do when pointed down the steep stuff, which in my area is usually pretty short. However, I sometimes find myself wishing my bike was a little more playful, I think my next bike will have some 650's. Overall though 29ers are defiantly worth taking a look at.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
650b or 26er. 29er is to big

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:

Hah, italicized emphasis fail. You're

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
lazyname wrote:
dirtrider76 wrote:

Hah, I'm a douche bag!

FIFYtup

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:
the fastest setup doesn't always feel the fastest or "best".

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
terrain. some tracks the 29 suits look at cedric gracia he had a pretty good season on his tallboy. 650b alot of companys have stoped and started only making 27.5 bikes (with some other sizes) like giant, they think its the best wheel size and being the biggest bike company in the world somthing must be right. But i think for every thing gravity 26 is the way to go, jared graves and all those other great enduro riders still ride 26 and i think it would be a while until you see jerome clementz hop on a 650b jykll (although in that wideo about the cannondale overmountain team going to supermax suspension i sore a 27.5 sticker on the fork at 1:26
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cannondale-overmountain-team-moves-to-supermax-for-the-ews.html
so maybe jerome clementz might ride 650b but i still rekon 26 is the way to go

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012189
Mobile Version of Website