Best 7 inch park bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Best 7 inch park bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 12:43 Quote
What's the best 7 inch bike for park riding (whistler) Im hesitant about getting a full DH rig because I want to ride other stuff too, but I need one bike

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 at 19:21 Quote
Canfield the one is what u want. I have not found a bad review.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2014 at 21:13 Quote
Hey man check out the new Banshee Darkside!
180mm travel bike made just for Whis/Bikeparks. You can also run it with dual or single crown forks, and its both 26" and 27.5" compatible!

http://www.bansheebikes.com/bikes_page/banshee-darkside-mountain-bike/

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
commencal supreme fr. just got myself one am really liking it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
Love the Commencal FR, just don't love the price.

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 at 16:35 Quote
Scott Voltage,most versatile "single" bike out there.

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
Canfield The One for sure. It is good everywhere. I ride mine in the bike park every day, never use my DH-bike anymore.

Stay away from the Voltage, having worked as a mechanic in a shop that had those as rentals I can say that they are full of cheap bearings that develop play quickly but the worst part is that the rear is so soft that it bends so much in turns that the tires contact the chain stays. There are kits out there to stiffen it up but they are expensive. Just stay away from it.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 10:12 Quote
TR250 doesn't get any better. Can find a used one at a great price now a days

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
Chamaica wrote:
Canfield The One for sure. It is good everywhere. I ride mine in the bike park every day, never use my DH-bike anymore.

Stay away from the Voltage, having worked as a mechanic in a shop that had those as rentals I can say that they are full of cheap bearings that develop play quickly but the worst part is that the rear is so soft that it bends so much in turns that the tires contact the chain stays. There are kits out there to stiffen it up but they are expensive. Just stay away from it.

Trust me. This guy knows what's up

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 19:56 Quote
NS Soda, 153 or 178mm out back, warrantied to run 150-200mm" up front. Can be built light enough to kick around on without too much difficulty. Super stiff frame and very versatile. I'm completely surprised by how well it climbs when in short travel mode. The chainstays are also adjustable by 20mm if you ever feel like kicking around dirt jumps or whatever on it. I'm typically doing trail rides on mine but have complete confidence in taking it to bike parks and do so fairly often. Very fun and poppy, handles really nicely. 66 degree head angle and short chainstays help a lot here. In terms of high speed stuff it's confident but has a shorter wheelbase than other stuff in the category. You can really feel a big difference when you flip it between 6 and 7" travel modes, which is a plus for me.

I've got mine built up at just shy 31 lbs with a 170mm Lyrik air out front. I could see a build with a pike hit under 30 without too much difficulty. For constant park use I'd probably build it a fair bit heavier though. Mostly in wheels and tires.

Canfield The One is for sure a sweet frame though. More DH oriented though, as it sports more travel, longer stays, longer wheelbase, and about a pound heavier. I'd imagine that the suspension lends itself more to downhill thrashing well. Not saying the Soda Isn't a confident descender- just depends on what you want I guess.

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 23:52 Quote
Transition tr250 is a sexy beast.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Commencal absolute sx has 6inches

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012878
Mobile Version of Website