YT Capra Owners

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
they just need to steepen the sta

Why? so you can climb better on your Super-enduro bike? I never understood this line of thinking.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

Why? so you can climb better on your Super-enduro bike? I never understood this line of thinking.

If it makes it more enjoyable to ride/climb with, and doesn't detract from the descending capabilities, why not?

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
i've always found bikes with steep STA hard on my back and not very comfortable due to the longer reach, capra and older slash 2020 and before such nice bikes to climb on , they are no trail/xc so why should they pretend to be?

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

İf you are a tall guy you start to pedal on the rear wheel

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
Interested to hear about anyone using imperial size shocks on a 2019 yt capra comp 27.5. Having a hella of a time finding a coil in 250x70 or 75mm right now. Everyone seems sold out.

Will a 9.5x3.0 work or is that 0.340" going to cause clearance issues? Was thinking of using offset bushings to theoretically make the shock longer.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
m33pm33p wrote:
Interested to hear about anyone using imperial size shocks on a 2019 yt capra comp 27.5. Having a hella of a time finding a coil in 250x70 or 75mm right now. Everyone seems sold out.

Will a 9.5x3.0 work or is that 0.340" going to cause clearance issues? Was thinking of using offset bushings to theoretically make the shock longer.

Dont do it. I've tried and you have to use a really light coil. At bottom out, there's like half a mm between the frame.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

İf you are a tall guy you start to pedal on the rear wheel

OK - that makes some sense I suppose. Is that the case in the largest sizes?

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
m33pm33p wrote:

Dont do it. I've tried and you have to use a really light coil. At bottom out, there's like half a mm between the frame.

Cheers for the quick reply! How light of a spring are we talking compared to a higher leverage ratio frame.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
m33pm33p wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:
m33pm33p wrote:

Cheers for the quick reply! How light of a spring are we talking compared to a higher leverage ratio frame.

usually use a 450 or 475, but used a 300 with the wrong shock

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
Hello Capra owners i hope you are all doing well.
It is not a question, more like a discussion thing.
So here it is:

Converting our love to mullet.
All we have to do is just pick a boost rear 650b wheel, put the chip to High position and we are ready.
BUT what are your thoughts on the pedal efficiency? will it be affected?
I have watched Cam Zink's video on youtube but obviously there is no mention to the pedalling side of the conversion.

i'd love to read your feedback or some physics why not....

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
amonas wrote:
So here it is:

All we have to do is just pick a boost rear 650b wheel, put the chip to High position and we are ready.
I have watched Cam Zink's video on youtube but obviously there is no mention to the pedalling side of the conversion.

Funny I did that last week but haven’t tried testing it. I have a dual crown fork on mine and so I don’t ride local trails bc of the inability to make tight turns but I may switch back to my 36 when I have time or interest to do so and test it.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
amonas wrote:
So here it is:

If anything, doing a mullet setup will make it easier to climb. Smaller radius of the rear wheel means more leverage, and less distance per pedal stoke, so the overall feel of each individual gear will be 5.2% easier than with a 29” rear wheel. This can be compensated for by going up 2 teeth in your front chainring. At that point, the only difference would be geometry, and the change of geometry is very small. If you are already riding in the high position though, you may feel a change as going mullet will slacken it slightly. You will also most likely need to go up in spring rate slightly in the rear.

We did a mullet setup on my friends stumpjumper, which also has a flip switch, and if anything, it made climbing easier. It for sure made it more fun on the downhills though!

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
What I wanted to do but never got around to trying was to leave it in High all the time and have two wheels. 27 for fun and 29 for trail rides.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
BLACK FRIDAY in Auburn did not suck.

photo

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
m33pm33p wrote:

I've heard of several people taking a 267 x 89 mm shock and adding a spacer in the damper to reduce the stroke. If you add a 15mm spacer you get 252 x 74 which is fine. There are also loads of options on that shock size.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023984
Mobile Version of Website