Megavalanche 2015

PB Forum :: Europe
Megavalanche 2015
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 7:28 Quote
Hey guys, a friend and I are looking at going to mega summer 2015 for the first time. Although the megathread of the 2013 event was helpful I'm still pretty stuck on a lot of details. With that being said, any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated;
Do most people stay in Allemont, or in Alpe D'Huez itself?
Tickets for the event itself go on sale around january time?
Where do you pick everything up that you need from the organisers when you get there?

We're from the Derby area so if anyone wanted to join us then perhaps we could look at driving down rather than flying.

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Hey,

I have some questions.

I'm from Turkey and thinking to have an holiday and ride in Megavalanche 2015. But i have not got an idea what i'm going to do.

First, can i join the race the race we've been watching that is 30 kilometers long without any license. And is there any fee to join?

what is the best and cheapest way to stay there for a week?

is there any way to rent a bike? because, it can be more expensive to carry my bike with plane. in the other hand i'm going to buy a new bike in france maybe.

FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 5:47 Quote
MattFreerider95 wrote:
Hey guys, a friend and I are looking at going to mega summer 2015 for the first time. Although the megathread of the 2013 event was helpful I'm still pretty stuck on a lot of details. With that being said, any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated;
Do most people stay in Allemont, or in Alpe D'Huez itself?
Tickets for the event itself go on sale around january time?
Where do you pick everything up that you need from the organisers when you get there?

We're from the Derby area so if anyone wanted to join us then perhaps we could look at driving down rather than flying.

The majority are in Alpe d'Huez.
For registration it's beginning of January (around the 5th)
You pick everything at the Palais des Sports. You pick your lift ticket at the lift check out.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
gokhungok wrote:
Hey,

I have some questions.

I'm from Turkey and thinking to have an holiday and ride in Megavalanche 2015. But i have not got an idea what i'm going to do.

First, can i join the race the race we've been watching that is 30 kilometers long without any license. And is there any fee to join?

is there any way to rent a bike? because, it can be more expensive to carry my bike with plane. in the other hand i'm going to buy a new bike in france maybe.

Hi, I have been there twice and I am planning to go next year too if there is no mud and snow :-)
To answer your questions: yes, you need an inscription to get in the race.
One of the best ways to stay there is with some friends in an apartment where you can use a kitchen (7 nights around +/-500€)
Bike rentals are expensive. Last time I checked they were between 75-100€ per day (commençal supreme...)
Taking your own bike will be much more cheaper. And, taking some spare parts too.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 4:39 Quote
migkab wrote:
gokhungok wrote:
Hey,

I have some questions.

Hi, I have been there twice and I am planning to go next year too if there is no mud and snow :-)
To answer your questions: yes, you need an inscription to get in the race.
One of the best ways to stay there is with some friends in an apartment where you can use a kitchen (7 nights around +/-500€)
Bike rentals are expensive. Last time I checked they were between 75-100€ per day (commençal supreme...)
Taking your own bike will be much more cheaper. And, taking some spare parts too.

thank you, migkab.

what kind of inscription you mentioned? what it need to be acceptable?

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
Inscriptions to the mega normaly open in january. you just need to go to the Megavalanche website and pay for an inscription. it should be around 100€, but that depends on the package you chose. The inscription gives you access to all the lifts from monday to sunday.

Hope that helps ;-)

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
Camping in both Huez and Allemont has its pros and cons-

Huez - Nightlife, lift access, food etc. But after a full practice run, you'll have to make your way back up again. Though the lifts and bus services are pretty good.
Allemont - Peace and quiet, your at your door after a full run both practice and importantly the race, there is nothing quite like the pattissierre there either! We stayed in a lodge, for a reasonable fee.

You don't need a race licence - however you will need a headed Drs note stating that you are fit to compete.

We drove from Lossiemouth and it was pretty straightforward taking a few stops overnight made it fairly leisurely.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 12:45 Quote
Hi Guys,

I am also planning on riding the Megavalanche in 2015. It will be my first big race because I only started mountain biking beginning of this year. I work as a journalist and decided to make a hobby project out of my training. I'm started a blog on which I will publish interviews with mtb coaches, bike manufacturers and of course riders. All interviews are aimed at answering the question: how do you prepare for a race like the Megavalanche?

Maybe most of you know this already, or maybe not. Any way I will try to make sure the interviews also contain interesting information for more advanced riders. I will also post updates on my training and let you know what works well and what doesn't. Be adviced that I am nowhere near the level most of you guys are, but I hope to tighten that gap in the coming 40 weeks or so.

I will publish the interviews on both my wordpress blog, which you cab find here: http://ridingthemega.wordpress.com/ and on my Pinkbike blog, here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/megamonkey/blog/

My Wordpress blog will be also contain trainingprograms and videos.

Hope to welcome you soon!

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
Would I be correct in saying that tickets for mega will be going on sale in the next month or so?

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 10:53 Quote
MattFreerider95 wrote:
Would I be correct in saying that tickets for mega will be going on sale in the next month or so?

Yes January the 5th.

Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
Hi,

Is this the website:

http://www.megavalanche.com/inscription.php

that we can use for the registration?

I'm asking because even when I switch to English version majority is still in French... And my French is rather very, very poor... So maybe exist any alternative website?

Do you know for how long in the past registration was available? I'm not sure if I will be able to to register on the 5th straight away.

Thanks a lot

FL
Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
czaja wrote:
Hi,

Is this the website:

http://www.megavalanche.com/inscription.php

that we can use for the registration?

I'm asking because even when I switch to English version majority is still in French... And my French is rather very, very poor... So maybe exist any alternative website?

Do you know for how long in the past registration was available? I'm not sure if I will be able to to register on the 5th straight away.

Thanks a lot

A new website will be released on January the 1st at noon.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
bno83 wrote:
Camping in both Huez and Allemont has its pros and cons-

Huez - Nightlife, lift access, food etc. But after a full practice run, you'll have to make your way back up again. Though the lifts and bus services are pretty good.
Allemont - Peace and quiet, your at your door after a full run both practice and importantly the race, there is nothing quite like the pattissierre there either! We stayed in a lodge, for a reasonable fee.

You don't need a race licence - however you will need a headed Drs note stating that you are fit to compete.

We drove from Lossiemouth and it was pretty straightforward taking a few stops overnight made it fairly leisurely.

Hello! I liked your tip about Allemont. dont know if u guys checked, but crankworx will be held on the same dates so maybe its better to check both events

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014600
Mobile Version of Website