Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Which size would you recommend for someone 184cm tall with a 33" inseam?
Thanks

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
Arierep wrote:
Thanks
Exactly the same sizes as me, Large

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Thanks
I like long bikes, but sometimes I think the 500mm reach of my current one might be a little too much. However, 475mm sounds like a little short. Sat on a L Sentinel, with a reach reducing headset, and felt a little short. Maybe the same reach headset but reversed might be ideal, 480mm

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
Is anyone here running zero volume spacers in the dpx2 on their SBG Patrol? I'm thinking of giving it a go but haven't been riding enough lately to trust my perception of any changes. On past bikes I've found them to carry speed better with less tokens and more air pressure combined with a slightly faster rebound speed. On my old Evil Wreckoning the difference was staggering.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
Is anyone here running zero volume spacers in the dpx2 on their SBG Patrol? I'm thinking of giving it a go but haven't been riding enough lately to trust my perception of any changes. On past bikes I've found them to carry speed better with less tokens and more air pressure combined with a slightly faster rebound speed. On my old Evil Wreckoning the difference was staggering.

Trying this setup right now. Here's my observations:

pretty dang plush.
I did actually feel like I was blowing through the travel some. this was true in pedal mode, not just open.

with the stock token, my observation was that it ramped so hard it felt harsh, and that the sag point felt like it was in the point where it causes wallow due to too large a regressive area of the curve. these are telltale traits of too small of volume, which is what led me to experiment in the first place.

Right now, I think the best setup is with the smallest spacer, rather than none. I've tried all three, and so far, it's felt the best. but none wasn't worse enough to make me go back just yet, because more air might solve the issues I'm seeing. more testing required.

All in all, I like the tunability. If I can get it both too progressive and too linear, then I should be able to find a good setup in between.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
What's your weight?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
In my Sentinel I am also running 0 spacers and I like it much more. With the stock spacer it was way too harsh for me.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
groghunter wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

pretty dang plush.
I did actually feel like I was blowing through the travel some. this was true in pedal mode, not just open.

with the stock token, my observation was that it ramped so hard it felt harsh, and that the sag point felt like it was in the point where it causes wallow due to too large a regressive area of the curve. these are telltale traits of too small of volume, which is what led me to experiment in the first place.

Right now, I think the best setup is with the smallest spacer, rather than none. I've tried all three, and so far, it's felt the best. but none wasn't worse enough to make me go back just yet, because more air might solve the issues I'm seeing. more testing required.

All in all, I like the tunability. If I can get it both too progressive and too linear, then I should be able to find a good setup in between.

Yeah I think I'll try it this week. Did you run more psi with no spacers? I'll try 10 extra psi.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
Also running 0 spacers (DPX2). Find it much better than the stock setting, still don't feel like I'm blowing through my travel. I weigh 230lb geared up and running 35% (23mm) sag. Have not felt the shock bottom or blown the o-ring off of the stanchion yet. Gonna go coil next.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
groghunter wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

pretty dang plush.

Same here. I'm 165lbs btw and the stock 0.6 was way too harsh. Tried with no tokens... super plush but no support at all, hard to pop. Right now I'm at the smallest (0.2) token, so far so good, plus just added cushcore and 24psi on the rear, money!

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
kj91 wrote:
groghunter wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

pretty dang plush.

Same here. I'm 165lbs btw and the stock 0.6 was way too harsh. Tried with no tokens... super plush but no support at all, hard to pop. Right now I'm at the smallest (0.2) token, so far so good, plus just added cushcore and 24psi on the rear, money!

Just removed the stock 0.6 token. I couldn't believe how big was! If I'm not getting support with zero tokens I may have to try a 0.2 token. Being a bit heavier at 200lbs and running 230psi I'm hoping to get enough ramp up with the air spring anyway.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Also running 0 spacers (DPX2). Find it much better than the stock setting, still don't feel like I'm blowing through my travel. I weigh 230lb geared up and running 35% (23mm) sag. Have not felt the shock bottom or blown the o-ring off of the stanchion yet. Gonna go coil next.

FWIW, the shock on these bikes is travel limited, so you physically can't blow the o ring off. Depressurize the shock and squish it to full travel, you'll see what I mean. Not to say you're bottoming out, just don't trust that as a sign you aren't.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
groghunter wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

pretty dang plush.

Yeah I think I'll try it this week. Did you run more psi with no spacers? I'll try 10 extra psi.

Always set by sag, unless you're going to go to greater lengths to try to measure your dynamic ride height. It's also the best way to compare two spacers, because it gives you the best approximation of the same setup, with just the spacer change.

Basically, you're trying to isolate the spacer change as much as possible so your aren't feeling other changes and thinking they were caused by the spacer. In a suspension system, spring rate is the most important thing, and sag is the best way to keep that consistent.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
In my Sentinel I am also running 0 spacers in the DPX2 and I like it more but still I have the feeling that it is overdamped.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Arierep wrote:
Thanks
Exactly the same sizes as me, Large

Any more opinions on this?
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.200358
Mobile Version of Website