Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 9:41 Quote
MIBikePlease wrote:
bryce-mtb wrote:
Anybody on the new Patrol that can speak to how it climbs? Most reviews are saying it a pedal striking machine but I am curious if that is true for the high and low bb settings. Currently on a 2022 Sentinel but want to move back to a mullet setup.
I just had mine in pisgah and DuPont. Suspension was in low mode with 165 cranks. I just got the bike and am coming from one with a much higher bottom bracket. Pedal strikes were not an issue.

Appreciate the follow up. Saw Transition was having a sale and pulled the trigger on an alloy GX build. Couldn't be happier with it and am selling my carbon Sentinel and Meta SX as a result.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 10:37 Quote
bryce-mtb wrote:
MIBikePlease wrote:
bryce-mtb wrote:
Anybody on the new Patrol that can speak to how it climbs? Most reviews are saying it a pedal striking machine but I am curious if that is true for the high and low bb settings. Currently on a 2022 Sentinel but want to move back to a mullet setup.
I just had mine in pisgah and DuPont. Suspension was in low mode with 165 cranks. I just got the bike and am coming from one with a much higher bottom bracket. Pedal strikes were not an issue.

Appreciate the follow up. Saw Transition was having a sale and pulled the trigger on an alloy GX build. Couldn't be happier with it and am selling my carbon Sentinel and Meta SX as a result.

Do you think the Patrol seems like a significantly bigger bike than the Sentinel? I want to try the mullet again. On paper, the geometry doesn't look too different, but the Sentinel is at the very limit - and somehow right in the sweet spot - of how big of a bike I want for my only bike.

Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 12:37 Quote
radicalpugilism wrote:
bryce-mtb wrote:
MIBikePlease wrote:

Do you think the Patrol seems like a significantly bigger bike than the Sentinel? I want to try the mullet again. On paper, the geometry doesn't look too different, but the Sentinel is at the very limit - and somehow right in the sweet spot - of how big of a bike I want for my only bike.

I am 5'10" riding a medium and felt right at home on the Patrol first ride. It doesn't feel bigger than the Sentinel to me outside of a little more weight (Alloy Patrol/Carbon Sentinel), but I am used bigger bikes likes the Commencal Meta SX. For me it is the sweet spot between the two. I am not as concerned about climbing as I am having one bike for trail and park that I don't have to worry about.

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 5:10 Quote
Anybody know if the repeater shares its rocker link with a sentinal or spire? I’ve managed to crack mine and although it’s under warranty I would be tempted to replace it with some cascade billet goodness

Posted: May 16, 2023 at 12:59 Quote
its looking like time for me to replace the bearings on the patrol. Does anyone know what I'm looking for for the seat stay bearings? Or any recommendation for a full set? cheers

O+
Posted: May 16, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
Transition sells complete sets or individual bearings. Diagrams on the website have all of the info

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 0:50 Quote
maciverblackisle wrote:
its looking like time for me to replace the bearings on the patrol. Does anyone know what
I'm looking for for the seat stay bearings? Or any recommendation for a full set? cheers

Bearings are on the product page on the site : 2x 6903, 2x 6902, 4x 6802, 2x 3802, 2x 6900

Seat stay bearings are 6802's. There are two in each stay and they are back to back so you need an extractor. I used one from bearingprotools - was only £12.

https://www.bearingprotools.com/collections/bearing-pullers-single/products/bearing-puller

For bearings I went to Wych, they had them all in stock and next day delivery. I recommend full compliment bearings. Transition use Enduro.

Posted: May 17, 2023 at 6:05 Quote
Wych or Kinetic bearings are both excellent in the uk. I always pick the cheapest delivery method and so far that’s been next day every time via Royal Mail.

I go with whichever has the bearings I want cheapest essentially. You can also get replacement bearings for sram jockey wheels at the same time (626 llb I think)

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 9:55 Quote
hey folks, I've had an absolute terrible time trying to sell my Patrol.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3613472/

I've lowered it $600 at this point, listed it multiple places, and apparently it's so unappetizing that i haven't even gotten contacted by scammers.

so if anybody has any helpful commentary , I'd really appreciate it. no holds barred, if you think I'm doing something completely stupid with the ad or the price, feel free to say so. just want to get the thing out the door at this point.

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 11:06 Quote
It took me over a year to sell my Smuggler. And about 8 months to sell an almost brand new Commencal Meta TR. Rough going out there trying to move bikes.

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
Also found success using Facebook marketplace. Let's be real only bike nerds are using pinkbike. And if they're looking at the buysell they probably aren't wanting an older well used bike at a low price. We are looking for high end bikes at a bit of a discount. Facebook marketplace people are deal hunting or newer to the sport. They're also the worst and it will be annoying but I got way more messages from there than I did via pinkbike.

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 13:20 Quote
Things that put me off the bike
5 years old
Random stickers
Green cables
Green headset spacers
Mismatched suspension - id only look for a bike with rockshox or fox
Needs new tyres

Tone down the accent colours and put some maxxis on there and I think it’ll do much better.

I also think that people don’t want to pay that much for a five year old bike. For that bike with that spec I’d be looking at about $1200

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 13:32 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Also found success using Facebook marketplace. Let's be real only bike nerds are using pinkbike. And if they're looking at the buysell they probably aren't wanting an older well used bike at a low price. We are looking for high end bikes at a bit of a discount. Facebook marketplace people are deal hunting or newer to the sport. They're also the worst and it will be annoying but I got way more messages from there than I did via pinkbike.

Oh, it's been on FB marketplace, and several local bike sale and trade FB groups as well.

That's where i expected the scammers from TBH. lol

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 14:13 Quote
groghunter wrote:

I've lowered it $600 at this point, listed it multiple places, and apparently it's so unappetizing that i haven't even gotten contacted by scammers.

so if anybody has any helpful commentary , I'd really appreciate it. no holds barred, if you think I'm doing something completely stupid with the ad or the price, feel free to say so. just want to get the thing out the door at this point.

You'll probably have better luck if you part it out.
I was able to sell my patrol frame from that generation for $1200 about a year and a half ago.
it is likely the build on the bike that makes it unappealing, it's a little bit of an odd build. so take the build out of the equation.

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 16:03 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
groghunter wrote:

You'll probably have better luck if you part it out.
I was able to sell my patrol frame from that generation for $1200 about a year and a half ago.
it is likely the build on the bike that makes it unappealing, it's a little bit of an odd build. so take the build out of the equation.

Yea, you're not wrong about the "oddness." ended up being a bike i had to make some compromises on just due to finances after getting the frame, especially in regards to the fork (and some replacement forks not ending up working out.) i think the problem is some of the parts may be hard to sell for really anything at all (like the fork.)

I suppose i should set a dollar limit where it makes sense to part it out rather than sell it complete, but as someone who hasn't been super active in the used market for a while, it's hard for me to know what that number should be.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015832
Mobile Version of Website