2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
Giant Reign 2 - 2019 in stealth black !!!
Giant Reign 2 - 2019 in stealth black

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
Giant Reign 2 - 2019 in stealth black !!!
Giant Reign 2 - 2019 in stealth black
And the Glory.. uh.. 1? in the back ground. Nioce DVO too.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
naughty, shouldn't be posting those around Wink

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
Hi guys sorry to appear lazy but I'm all in and ain't got the time right now to search 600+ pages lol
Basically I've got a 2017 reign 2 and i think its time to upgrade to a new rear shock. I'm thinking an x2 air but what size do i need?
Be gentle.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
cragus-t wrote:
Hi guys sorry to appear lazy but I'm all in and ain't got the time right now to search 600+ pages lol
Basically I've got a 2017 reign 2 and i think its time to upgrade to a new rear shock. I'm thinking an x2 air but what size do i need?
Be gentle.

200x57

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 13:03 Quote
endor wrote:
cragus-t wrote:
Be gentle.

200x57

Simply lovley thanx

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

That red tho OMG Cool Fab

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
I need help, 2016 Reign 2, 1x10 with e13 42t extender and XT cassette.

Recently my chain started slipping over my very very worn out 42t range extender. The 42t cog was super worn, the chain was long, so I changed the chain and extender. I spend most of my uphills there since my local track is a ~600 m (vertical) climb in technical single track, so the rest of the cassette is like new.

Changed the chain (KMC 10v), and put new e13 42t extender on, same as before just because it is cheap. Now it is not slipping over the 42t, but I am getting some kind of ghost shifts or like very short drops in load torque, just in the 42t cog, everything else works PERFECT. It is like it was trying to shift gear but never does, but IS NOT the typical out of adjustment sound where it is trying to shift gear all the time even without load. This is different,it is not all the time, it happens under load, but sometimes just low load, other times needs bigger load. If pedalling on flat or even decent gradient it won't happen, and of course I can't reproduce it on the bike stand.

I have checked everything, cable adjustment (and tried to go far both ways), hanger, the derrailleur, b-tension (seems to go better if I keep it close to the cassette), top-outs, pivot play, rollers, and so on, everything seems normal and not weird at all. It is not the freehub because I can go into 2nd gear (36t) and pedal like a monster and everything works fine, the problem is that I am not fit enough to climb these trails in 2nd gear without almost dying. The only difference with my previous (perfectly working for 2 years) setup is that I left the chain 1 full extra link longer than before to have more to cut if necessary, but it is still within range, has tension all thru the range.

I am running out of options or guesses, my only guess is that, since the chainline in this 42t cog is a bit diagonal, the new chain needs some "loosening" or "wear-in", but I have never heard of this (not much experience in drivetrains really). I have done about 50 km only so far, so maybe this is it? When I first converted to 1x10 the bike already had some good miles on it, so the chain was definitely more worn in and loose. Anyone could share an experience or some value?

Those 2019 Reigns look mint.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 21:29 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
I need help, 2016 Reign 2, 1x10 with e13 42t extender and XT cassette.

Recently my chain started slipping over my very very worn out 42t range extender. The 42t cog was super worn, the chain was long, so I changed the chain and extender. I spend most of my uphills there since my local track is a ~600 m (vertical) climb in technical single track, so the rest of the cassette is like new.

Changed the chain (KMC 10v), and put new e13 42t extender on, same as before just because it is cheap. Now it is not slipping over the 42t, but I am getting some kind of ghost shifts or like very short drops in load torque, just in the 42t cog, everything else works PERFECT. It is like it was trying to shift gear but never does, but IS NOT the typical out of adjustment sound where it is trying to shift gear all the time even without load. This is different,it is not all the time, it happens under load, but sometimes just low load, other times needs bigger load. If pedalling on flat or even decent gradient it won't happen, and of course I can't reproduce it on the bike stand.

I have checked everything, cable adjustment (and tried to go far both ways), hanger, the derrailleur, b-tension (seems to go better if I keep it close to the cassette), top-outs, pivot play, rollers, and so on, everything seems normal and not weird at all. It is not the freehub because I can go into 2nd gear (36t) and pedal like a monster and everything works fine, the problem is that I am not fit enough to climb these trails in 2nd gear without almost dying. The only difference with my previous (perfectly working for 2 years) setup is that I left the chain 1 full extra link longer than before to have more to cut if necessary, but it is still within range, has tension all thru the range.

I am running out of options or guesses, my only guess is that, since the chainline in this 42t cog is a bit diagonal, the new chain needs some "loosening" or "wear-in", but I have never heard of this (not much experience in drivetrains really). I have done about 50 km only so far, so maybe this is it? When I first converted to 1x10 the bike already had some good miles on it, so the chain was definitely more worn in and loose. Anyone could share an experience or some value?

Those 2019 Reigns look mint.

When I don't understand what my drivetrain does I always start by putting on a new shift cable, then I'm usually sortedWink

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 18:42 Quote
Is the maestro suspension more progressive than linear? Anyone swapped their airshock to a coilshock? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 0:42 Quote
CarnageCorner wrote:
Is the maestro suspension more progressive than linear? Anyone swapped their airshock to a coilshock? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

It's very linear

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 1:12 Quote
It's linearly progressive. Coil works very well with it. Better with the new one as its more progressive, but still.

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
CarnageCorner wrote:

https://youtu.be/6dItvgVBRf8

Interesting video to watch but from real world experience the Reign is too linear to run a coil. It’s fine if you do casual trail riding but as soon as you encounter any large hits you’ll find it blowing through travel unless you run an ungodly firm spring rate

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
CarnageCorner wrote:

Get the shock custom tuned out of the box to suit your riding style and the frame design. I bought my db inline coil from j-tech here in the UK. They set it up using the data they have gained over the years and boy is it good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024381
Mobile Version of Website