The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
temping, the dollar is absolute shit right now however. will make anything 20% more. deffo considering it.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
Just off the top of my head I don't think that will have a plus bb on a 450 a2c.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
temping, the dollar is absolute shit right now however. will make anything 20% more. deffo considering it.
trust me, it's tempting me too. Then I remembered I'm broke haha

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 19:14 Quote
also just looked at how much a sweeper is going to run me... nope cant do it. with the canadian dollar being shit its nearly 500 canadian....

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
that makes it a bit more do able. still quite temping to get a capital given how cheap CRC has them.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
oostivinater1994 wrote:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/blank-euro-bottom-bracket/rp-prod45327
Is this a good bottom bracket to run in the dartmoor I posted above? Or what are your guys suggestions

for the most part, most BB bearings are the same (some have different colour seals). you're just paying for the name and the fancy BB cone spacers (whatever colour you want)

EDIT: if you're going for a euro BB (threads into the frame) go with an external bearing instead of the internal style BB like the one you posted a link to. External euro BB's run bigger bearings spaced further apart. as long as you have a long enough spindle. Deity and profile make one (probably some others too)
photo
Thanks for the help... I run bmx cranks on my mtb so I'll go with the internal

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
oostivinater1994 wrote:
LondonCowan wrote:
oostivinater1994 wrote:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/blank-euro-bottom-bracket/rp-prod45327
Is this a good bottom bracket to run in the dartmoor I posted above? Or what are your guys suggestions

for the most part, most BB bearings are the same (some have different colour seals). you're just paying for the name and the fancy BB cone spacers (whatever colour you want)

EDIT: if you're going for a euro BB (threads into the frame) go with an external bearing instead of the internal style BB like the one you posted a link to. External euro BB's run bigger bearings spaced further apart. as long as you have a long enough spindle. Deity and profile make one (probably some others too)
photo
Thanks for the help... I run bmx cranks on my mtb so I'll go with the internal

The external i just posted is for a 19mm bmx spindle....
Its up to you tho
Bigger bearings spaced further apart last longer and you wont have to run as many spacers to push your crank-arms arms out

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
What's everybody's thoughts/opinions on handlebar and clamp size and material for street riding with a suspension fork? Looking for some feedback on 25.4 vs 31.8 and aluminum vs chromo.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 7:34 Quote
I run suspension and prefer aluminium bars. You don't need the 'give' that steel bars have if you already have squish up front, and aluminium bars are usually considerably lighter. As for clamp diameter I really don't mind, it would depend more on the availability of bars that come in the right width/rise. There isn't much choice of high rise 31.8 bars for starters.

I've been running 25.4mm bars in a 31.8mm stem with a shim without any issues for over half a year now, so that's an option if you're planning on using an existing stem. If you decide on steel there are also quite a few 22.2mm bars in a variety of rises for BMX stems, or a 25.4mm stem with a shim.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
how do you like the lowered 55?

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
A lot less worst than I expected. I mean, its still a 150mm fork at 70mm with Air setting and rebound setting.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
A lot less worst than I expected. I mean, its still a 150mm fork at 70mm with Air setting and rebound setting.
Air as in using the air preload as an air spring, with the coil removed?

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 9:44 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Air as in using the air preload as an air spring, with the coil removed?
Nop, I didnt remove the coil, I had to cut the spring tho, but i mean the air preload.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012445
Mobile Version of Website