The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 17:18 Quote
In semi street things I was nibbling a manny pad the other night and ended up doing a fakir manny out of a hop 180 but got scared and just put the front wheel down. Any one happen to have tips for half cabbing out ?( on free coaster )

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
My street/park bike:

photo

photo

The wife's cap24 is pretty street too:

photo

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
Trendy street tires nowadays? Powerblocks, khe mac2s, dths, small block 8s, compound controls are there others? lbs seems to be lacking in the pavement tires.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 22:25 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
samsq wrote:
Any tips for hop to manuals? I can hop, and I can manny, but I can't quite get the hop to manual.
As you hop, get the bike away from you and shirft your weight (mainly your butt) to the rear end of the wheel, or over the bike.
Thanks! Will try this tomorrow.

I do have a brake, I'm not good at using it to save manuals though, I usually just bail.

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
samsq wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
samsq wrote:
Any tips for hop to manuals? I can hop, and I can manny, but I can't quite get the hop to manual.
As you hop, get the bike away from you and shirft your weight (mainly your butt) to the rear end of the wheel, or over the bike.
Thanks! Will try this tomorrow.

I do have a brake, I'm not good at using it to save manuals though, I usually just bail.
Yeah I ride brakeless, so dont worry about it. just make sure to concentrate on the rear wheel. this way you should be able to hop manual just as high as you can hop.

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 8:17 Quote
bordom wrote:
Trendy street tires nowadays? Powerblocks, khe mac2s, dths, small block 8s, compound controls are there others? lbs seems to be lacking in the pavement tires.
geax booze lite, rhythm lite, pretty much covers it I think

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 9:44 Quote
skunkape wrote:
bordom wrote:
geax booze lite, rhythm lite, pretty much covers it I think

Kenda Kranium and K-Rad, both solid options and inexpensive

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
Krads are awfull and super heavy swerve. Krainiums are okayish.

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 9:48 Quote
krads are utter shit, kraniums well, I've had mine for a while now done grids on them everytime I ride

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
If you want the ultimate cheep and don't mind weight resist nomads are decent. 22$ us and about 750 grams. Just only come in 2.3 iirc

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 9:54 Quote
I want them but they won't ship to europe Frown , so I'm waiting a guy from bombtrack to send me amessage when the gumtops drop in europe

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
Gum looks so bad on big wheels, doesn't look great on most bmx's either. Didn't like my nomad tyre, was really heavy, super slidey on concrete and blew up. Geax booze tyres are really good, started riding them again after my dth's ripped.

Does anyone know if any online stores still stock the Affix or Khe freecoaster? Or does anyone have one to sell? Wanting to try something different.

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
Gum looks so bad on big wheels, doesn't look great on most bmx's either. Didn't like my nomad tyre, was really heavy, super slidey on concrete and blew up. Geax booze tyres are really good, started riding them again after my dth's ripped.

Does anyone know if any online stores still stock the Affix or Khe freecoaster? Or does anyone have one to sell? Wanting to try something different.
khe themselves do, go to their webpage and they have a tab called shop it redirects you to a german shop and you can buy a 32h gold geisha for like 130€

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
yeah booze lights are good. if you're looking for a more "street" tire get the tattoo light

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
No one has mentioned the KHE mac 2 park... great for street. Also love Intense microknobbys, but hard to find... theyve been discontinued for over a year, so theyre haard to find. I have 2, and I dont ride them much, only because I know I'll never find 2 more.
Sigh

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016582
Mobile Version of Website