Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Wouldn't proper tight bolts keep the bearing from moving out board? I don't see how it's possible. Even if they do somehow work their way out board a bit......tightening the bolt would push them back? Similar to they way you are telling him to take the link off and push them back in.

I suppose it should, but a few people on the French forum had had that problem, and it was fixed under warranty with a modified rocker link ...

And it's not on all 4.2s either, a friend's one is still fine 2 years later ... (arguably, he hasn't ridden it much Big Grin )

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Shouldn't be possible short of a catastrophic failure. Look how the bolts and bearings are oriented in the rocker..

https://tech.commencal.com/bike/META-AM-V4.2-ORIGIN/354.html

https://tech.commencal.com/m/images/plans/Rocker%20Meta%20V4.2.jpg

Actually i'm pretty sure we had this come up once or twice before. Damn this thread is long.. Eek

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
The new ones:

photo

It's not a full circle as the diagram suggests, just some kind of basic snap ring that doesn't require pliers
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Shouldn't be possible short of a catastrophic failure. Look how the bolts and bearings are oriented in the rocker..

https://tech.commencal.com/bike/META-AM-V4.2-ORIGIN/354.html

https://tech.commencal.com/m/images/plans/Rocker%20Meta%20V4.2.jpg

Actually i'm pretty sure we had this come up once or twice before. Damn this thread is long.. Eek

I spoke with the crew at Commencal USA- I'll be heading down there later this week and picking up a new rocker arm, etc. They were aware of the issue and had seen it previously and were happy to hook me up

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
interesting......

so what exactly is the problem?

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
interesting......

they didn't really specify. I'll get the parts later this week and swap them out and be able to get a comparison

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Looking to purchase a new bike direct from site does anyone know where to get a coupon ?

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 0:37 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
interesting......

As far as I know, they haven't told the French people with the problem, just replaced the rocker link. It could be they changed tolerances between bearings and the rocker link, and they can come loose? I know that on the V4, those bearings were a massive pain in the arse to get out ... They might have changed that, but a bit too much ? lol

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
just ordered the 2019 meta am 29 frame with coil shock and reverb to build my new bike up. coming from a evil wreckoning and the geo looks ideal and at the price i got it 1600 ish with shock and post i couldnt resist. pre-ordered for 7th march so not a long wait but i want it now after riding my friends 650b version which works amazing.

excited is not the word ha

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
adamjimny wrote:
just ordered the 2019 meta am 29 frame with coil shock and reverb to build my new bike up. coming from a evil wreckoning and the geo looks ideal and at the price i got it 1600 ish with shock and post i couldnt resist. pre-ordered for 7th march so not a long wait but i want it now after riding my friends 650b version which works amazing.

Sweet! I am looking at doing the same. Which colour frame and what Shock?

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
adamjimny wrote:

Sweet! I am looking at doing the same. Which colour frame and what Shock?

gone for the sram version frame (wanted the raw but none left in large and wont be getting any more) and super deluxe coil as im a sram dealer and i get sram serviced at cost. and im running lyriks with push coil conversion in them so should match up well

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
interesting......

As far as I know, they haven't told the French people with the problem, just replaced the rocker link. It could be they changed tolerances between bearings and the rocker link, and they can come loose? I know that on the V4, those bearings were a massive pain in the arse to get out ... They might have changed that, but a bit too much ? lol

I got my replacement today and just installed it, definitely much more clearance on the bolts. Its also much beefier

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 0:18 Quote
The weld is also a LOT stronger! I actually bent the rocker link on my V4 when I tried to remove the bearings (the wooden piece I had wedged in between slipped right as I hit with a hammer ...), going to be a lot harder with something that beefy!

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Damn that new link looks much beefier. More similar to the one on my AM 29.

Also for what it's worth the I just tested that the DPX2 does fit the V4 no problem.

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Hello

Can I use this fork in a Commencal Meta V4.2 2017 frame?

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/rockshox-lyrik-rct3-debonair-180-boost-51mm-offset-fork-29-27.5

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.059833
Mobile Version of Website