Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to get help with Trailfors mobile app.

Trailforks Android mobile app is missing some trails. It looks like the map on mobile app doesn't show all the MTB trails.

On the trailforks.com website we can see the all trails but not in mobile app.

It worked fine before but not now. I changed my phone and installed Traiforks app and downloaded the Ontario region this week. I deleted the region and installed back but didn't solve the issue. Tried to manually synch the data but no luck.

I have the Pro subscription, the app on my wife's phone - installed last year - works fine.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 20, 2023 at 6:40 Quote
cristisk wrote:
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to get help with Trailfors mobile app.

Trailforks Android mobile app is missing some trails. It looks like the map on mobile app doesn't show all the MTB trails.

On the trailforks.com website we can see the all trails but not in mobile app.

It worked fine before but not now. I changed my phone and installed Traiforks app and downloaded the Ontario region this week. I deleted the region and installed back but didn't solve the issue. Tried to manually synch the data but no luck.

I have the Pro subscription, the app on my wife's phone - installed last year - works fine.

Thanks!
On the app look at the top of the screen and make sure you’ve selected the “type” of trails you want to view (mountain bike, hike, e-bike, etc.).
Hope this helps.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 8:14 Quote
Uninstalled Trailforks and installed/configured/downloaded the regions back again. It shows all the trails now.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2023 at 9:46 Quote
Been using the Trailforks app on various phones for a few years now to record my rides. The record function has been rock solid up until a week ago. Currently using a Pixel 6a.

Noticed recently once launched the app would immediately crash. On two rides it took several tries to open, but once opened it worked ok.

Last ride it wouldn't open after several attempts so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Launched it thinking all was well, but three times during a ~three hour ride I noticed the GPS recording just stopped. (Or paused I suppose, as each time I reopened the app it gave my the option to unpause, or continue the ride)

Getting pretty annoying and curious if anyone else has experienced this issue recently?

(location services are on, battery saver is off)

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2023 at 14:47 Quote
FFS.

App opened ok today, halfway through recording a ~25km ride today I noticed (while the highlighted route on the map appeared correct) that the distance measured was showing a whopping 52 km.

Finished my ride, saved the recording. Everything but the massively inflated mileage seemed good.

Got home, had a look on trailforks on my pc - today's recorded ride isn't displayed. Go to settings, Recording history, and nothing there with today's date.

EDIT - restarted my phone, and the recording was now showing in Recording History. Showed 69 km (lol I wish).

When I tried to manually upload it it I got an error showing LOAD_RECORDING_NOPOINTS

Tried a few more times and kept getting the same error. On a whim looked again at my Ride logs and it was there, now showing including the correct mileage.

So, so weird. I'm happy the data is back (and seemingly correct) but no idea what is going on here.

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 12:33 Quote
Txakal86 wrote:
I have installed the application on my new mobile (Google Pixel 7) and now I can't download the map of Spain. I have downloaded Portugal, France, Switzerland... with no problem, but when I try to synchronize Spain, I can't.
I have uninstalled the app, I have cleared the cache...Nothing works.

There was an issue with Spain, had become too large was using too much memory on server. I've fixed it now.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 11:04 Quote
Is it possible to have Trailforks not nag me to "Get Pro with Outside+" every time I use it? I'm already an Outside+ member, I thought that was enough?

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
Starting this week, the Trailforks app on my iPhone crashes as soon as it displays the splash screen about 95% of the time. If I put my phone in airplane mode, Trailforks will start up 100% of the time. I have not made any changes to my OS or app, so this behavior seems to be because the Trailforks server started returning some buggy messages to my app, while last week it was returning good messages. It would seem that the version of the app I have on my phone has some untested code which leads to a crash when trailforks.com sends this bad message. I have been able to log only 1 ride, and somehow I was able to upload that ride to the server, but it is not a condition that I can workaround in the long term. Also, apparently, I have an iOS with a bug that prevents me from upgrading the app, too. Frown

Any ideas for how to get this back to normal?

As a software engineer with a mountain biking problem, I would be happy to work with someone from Trailforks to get to the bottom of this. I do assume this is a server problem coupled with a problem in the app, but without further discussion I obviously can't say that for sure.

nathan

Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 7:45 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:
Is it possible to have Trailforks not nag me to "Get Pro with Outside+" every time I use it? I'm already an Outside+ member, I thought that was enough?

Same. Seriously, wtf?

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 15:42 Quote
hughbm wrote:
kwarwick43 wrote:

Same. Seriously, wtf?

Re the crashing, have a look at my posts a few replies back. Similar situation but I had additional issues with recording rides. It resolved itself after roughly a week.

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
Noticed last night that my ridelogs stopped being synced back in April.

I have recorded several since then, and the map looks valid when I end the ride and press save.

If I go into Settings > Manual Sync > Update Account data it shows not updated since April. If I press the sync button, I receive the notifications "Sync ridelog" & "Syncing data" in my notification tray. The notifications stick around for a minute or two and then disappear with no update. The Account data sync still shows April... This happens across multiple networks.

I am on the verge of resetting the app, however I don't want to lose the rides I have saved! What can I try?

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
floridadylan wrote:
Noticed last night that my ridelogs stopped being synced back in April.

I am on the verge of resetting the app, however I don't want to lose the rides I have saved! What can I try?

Not an Admin, but maybe I can shed a little light:

No sync since April - what are your rides being recorded with? I say this because if you recorded with another device then the rides should still be in that device's memory.

Example: I record my rides with a Garmin Fenix watch. ALL my rides are still in the watch memory. If TF fails or Garmin Connect fails then I can upload them from the watch manually if necessary. I can connect my watch to my desktop and transfer the files to the desktop and then upload them into the site. The same was true when I was using a Garmin bike computer.

I believe that if you are using a similar system/setup then you don't need to worry about about resetting the app. All of your rides will still be there at least up to the point where sync stopped working.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 11:13 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
No sync since April - what are your rides being recorded with?

Thanks Ben! Unfortunately This entire issue has occurred completely within my Google Pixel 3a. I can see my missing rides listed under "recording history", it's just that the darn things won't sync!

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
floridadylan wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
No sync since April - what are your rides being recorded with?

Thanks Ben! Unfortunately This entire issue has occurred completely within my Google Pixel 3a. I can see my missing rides listed under "recording history", it's just that the darn things won't sync!

Maybe this Help article will assist. You may need to visit the TF site and request help directly.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/89/

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2023 at 5:45 Quote
Yesterday's hike does not appear on Trailforks website "my hike log".
Mobile displays this message when trying to sync:

"Ooops, Offline! Showing cached data"

Mobile GPS recording history reports all hikes ARE uploaded.
Manual sync shows everything synced this morning.
But when going to "my hike logs" on mobile, get "ooops" message and last TWO hikes are missing.

I am online.
I am signed in (pro).
Mobile: Galaxy A53 5G, Trailforks 1.63.1
Web: Windows 10, Firefox 117.0.1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013141
Mobile Version of Website