Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Nov 12, 2023 at 2:28 Quote
As a feature request, it'd be handy if the app had something like the "Add trail reports from this ride" function like on the website - it's a good reminder to keep the trail statuses up to date, but having to find it through my desktop is a pain, I expect more people would do it if the app nudged you to do it at the end of the ride.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2023 at 22:59 Quote
Couple of things:

Thing One
1. I have an iPhone 15 Pro running iOS 17.0.3
2. Trying to resolve the issue where trail names show up, but not the actual trail I deleted the app and re-installed it from the App Store
3. Every time I try to enter my user name and password the app crashes. If I proceed without logging in and get to use the app for maybe 20 seconds, then it crashes. This happens 100% of the time

Thing Two:
1. I've tested this in the Surrey Hills, UK, Cairns, Australia, and Singapore, Singapore
2. The names of trails are on the map, and often curved as if to follow the line of the trail route that they describe
3. But there's no trail route visible:
photo

This is extremely annoying as you can see that you are near a trail, but not where it actually is.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 5:22 Quote
Malenfant wrote:
Couple of things:

Thing One
1. I have an iPhone 15 Pro running iOS 17.0.3
2. Trying to resolve the issue where trail names show up, but not the actual trail I deleted the app and re-installed it from the App Store
3. Every time I try to enter my user name and password the app crashes. If I proceed without logging in and get to use the app for maybe 20 seconds, then it crashes. This happens 100% of the time

Thing Two:
1. I've tested this in the Surrey Hills, UK, Cairns, Australia, and Singapore, Singapore
2. The names of trails are on the map, and often curved as if to follow the line of the trail route that they describe
3. But there's no trail route visible:
photo

This is extremely annoying as you can see that you are near a trail, but not where it actually is.

Did you accidentally uncheck "trails" under the Trailforks Layers in the filter menu (the thing with the 1 on it in your screenshot)?

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 16:53 Quote
Canadmos wrote:

Did you accidentally uncheck "trails" under the Trailforks Layers in the filter menu (the thing with the 1 on it in your screenshot)?

Nope, all the Trailforks layers are checked apart from Waypoints - it's a freshly loaded version of the application with everything set at the defaults, and can't be otherwise because if I try to login the application crashes.

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 21:38 Quote
TheCorminator wrote:
As a feature request, it'd be handy if the app had something like the "Add trail reports from this ride" function like on the website - it's a good reminder to keep the trail statuses up to date, but having to find it through my desktop is a pain, I expect more people would do it if the app nudged you to do it at the end of the ride.

You will get an email sent if you ride enough trails with enough not recent reports.
Also in the app if you view your own ridelog, there is a button that links to the bulk trail report page at the bottom of the detail page.

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 21:49 Quote
Malenfant wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

Nope, all the Trailforks layers are checked apart from Waypoints - it's a freshly loaded version of the application with everything set at the defaults, and can't be otherwise because if I try to login the application crashes.

have you actually downloaded the region first? Region meaning the country or state. Goto settings -> "Downloaded Regions" and see what you have their and their last sync date.

If you do NOT have a region downloaded, it should show a big red download banner on the map.

Probably better to contact our support.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 6:21 Quote
Yes I have downloaded the region map, no I can’t work out how to contact support- hence posting here.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 22:41 Quote
I am having the same problem with Galaxy S23 . Maybe since UI 6 update but not sure

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
Its best if you contact support from WITHIN the app, this will include a debug log file.

Also from the app "Help & Feedback" section from the main side menu. There is an option "Send Database for Debugging" If you do that before clicking the "Send Feedback" button, let me know you did so. I'll be able to cross reference the data in the email to find your debug database to see if there is any problem with your data.

I could see if your search data in the DB is messed, this could be a cause.

After doing all the above, you can also goto the app settings an "manual sync" and force a sync of the Search.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 19:47 Quote
Ok, done that, but from a free trial account as every time I login the app crashes immediately.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:02 Quote
I ride with both most of the time and rely on the Garmin to be accurate. The TF track is terrible when I use the Garmin or TF on it's own.

BenLow2019 wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Bad GPS tracking had started again. Oct 25th ish, a morning ride didn't get the ride logs uploaded to Surrey 1am on the 26th, then noticed ridelogs fun the 23rd shows straight lines randomly across trails, almost like the gps tracking is stuck and jumps between locations. Samsung s20+, with fine GPS tracking enabled.

Really crappy distance results, missing trails etc.

Seen this before and there is never a reliable response or resolution from Trevor and crew...

Anyone else seeing this nonsense??

Do you record with the phone or with the Garmin?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:05 Quote
I don't use Strava but I also use Specialized/angi and when that is better than TF tracking. The picture issue has never manifested for me.

I rarely use my phone for pix on a ride.

And, it's an inconsistency issue. Ie, it happens for a month or 2 constantly then it'll stop screwing up for a free months, then start up again. Can't find a pattern.

Canadmos wrote:
If that starts happening I would record with Trailforks and Strava at the same time - see if they report the same thing. Or record to Strava and let the ride sync over to Trailforks.

Its usually the phone that causes stuff like that. It can be totally random as well. My phone decided to just stop recording a ride 3/4 of the way through - battery was fine etc. I just make sure to reboot my phone more often, which seems to help.

A year or two ago it seems like every time that I took a picture with my phone, GPS would stop recording. That was weird, but it magically solved itself after a month or two of doing it. Blank Stare

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:11 Quote
Trevor, this is not a phone setting issue. Been using this phone for a few years and this issue is a random intermittent annoyance. Makes the app untrustworthy. My riding buddies with iPhones and different Android platforms have the same issue & no longer use the app as the primary recording tool.. So this is not a "my device" only issue.

Granted, there are continuing firmware updates to keep the phone current and secure but the issue will rear it's ugly head more than once in between updates then disappear again... No new apps were installed in between the updates.

canadaka wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Bad GPS tracking had started again. Oct 25th ish, a morning ride didn't get the ride logs uploaded to Surrey 1am on the 26th, then noticed ridelogs fun the 23rd shows straight lines randomly across trails, almost like the gps tracking is stuck and jumps between locations. Samsung s20+, with fine GPS tracking enabled.

Really crappy distance results, missing trails etc.

Seen this before and there is never a reliable response or resolution from Trevor and crew...

Anyone else seeing this nonsense??

Usually the users phone or settings on the phone https://help.trailforks.com/hc/en-us/articles/5431561449367-App-Can-t-Find-Location-Recording-Issues

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 1:09 Quote
Is the attached debug.json the thing that Trevor is asking. me for here?

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 3:21 Quote
I’ve done it again, see if it works this time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012171
Mobile Version of Website