Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
hah72215 wrote:
That's awesome. I was there this morning. How did she handle the downs? Been thinking of getting the same bike and riding this same trail as my go to

No complaints. It climbed like a tractor and didn’t cause any drama on the way down. I’m out of shape and South Mountain isn’t my home course, so I wasn’t charging the descents nearly as hard as some of the riders out there.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Phoenix looks so nice from here.

Probably insensitive to mention that I almost considered wearing a light windbreaker due to a cool breeze?

Don’t worry, we’ll be paying our dues in a few months when we climb over 100. The riding is pretty phenomenal though.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Sure does... Im trying to plan a bike trip to New Mexico now.... some absolutely badd ass looking trails up in the Albuquerque/ Santa Fe area... in particular one called Jagged Axe
Rootdown is looking amazing Ranger, If you go to New Mexico Sterling let me know and maybe I could meet up for a ride,My near future is pretty hectic with work but let me know anyway.....

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Sure does... Im trying to plan a bike trip to New Mexico now.... some absolutely badd ass looking trails up in the Albuquerque/ Santa Fe area... in particular one called Jagged Axe
Rootdown is looking amazing Ranger, If you go to New Mexico Sterling let me know and maybe I could meet up for a ride,My near future is pretty hectic with work but let me know anyway.....

Nice! Likely not until spring or fall as per suggestion from a couple shops down there.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:54 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Lots of good trails outside ABQ. Cedro Peak area is always good. Blue Ribbon - Otero Canyon is one of my favorites.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
Ranger242 wrote:

Probably insensitive to mention that I almost considered wearing a light windbreaker due to a cool breeze?

Don’t worry, we’ll be paying our dues in a few months when we climb over 100. The riding is pretty phenomenal though.

I hate you.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
chezotron wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Lots of good trails outside ABQ. Cedro Peak area is always good. Blue Ribbon - Otero Canyon is one of my favorites.
I mean, New Mexico sucks! Food sucks! Biking sucks! People suck! Don't go! Save your money. Go to Sedona!

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 21:48 Quote
that place looks sweet too Razz

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
that place looks sweet too Razz

Yeah.....go there.....

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Frame is in! So are all other parts minus spokes/nipples and the fork. I bought a used fork that belonged to the owner of the LBS I bought the bike from. The dimensions on the XL frame changed since last year, so the headtube turned out to be too short, so he sent it to MRP to be serviced and have a new steer tube pressed in.

This indigo colorway looks even better in person. Can't wait to have it all built up!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 0:07 Quote
Who has titanium bars on their Chromag? I got a little bonus at work and thought it might be fun to splurge on a set. Probably either thomson or kingdom. I also have a 2020 rootdown in indigo on the way and I'm swapping all the parts from my 2017 Rootdown. I'll need a new stem too. I could stick with black or try silver from thomson or chromag.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
It turns out I need a new crankset because I put mine on the frame last night and the non drive side hits the chainstay ever so slightly. It's whatever because that just means I'm closer to setting the old bike up single speed but still kinda sucks.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
[Quote="aflax"]Who has titanium bars on their Chromag? I got a little bonus at work and thought it might be fun to splurge on a set. Probably either thomson or kingdom. I also have a 2020 rootdown in indigo on the way and I'm swapping all the parts from my 2017 Rootdown. I'll need a new stem too. I could stick with black or try silver from thomson or chromag.

I'm running titanium Kingdom Sparta bars and Kingdom Ronin stem. Only been around the block so not much to report on ride quality. Still full on winter here. But damned if they don't look absolutely killer.
photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
aflax wrote:
Who has titanium bars on their Chromag? I got a little bonus at work and thought it might be fun to splurge on a set. Probably either thomson or kingdom. I also have a 2020 rootdown in indigo on the way and I'm swapping all the parts from my 2017 Rootdown. I'll need a new stem too. I could stick with black or try silver from thomson or chromag.

No titanium on my Rootdown but I recently installed a Crank Brothers Highline dropper with the pewter collar. I think that the pewter color looks good against the indigo frame. If I didn’t already have a stem and handlebar from another bike, I would be tempted to play with a pewter/titanium accent concept.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
aflax wrote:

photo

photo

No titanium on my bike either. But I may splurge on a WeAreOne Da Bar and stem from them. Either that or OneUp

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023605
Mobile Version of Website