Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 11:41 Quote
lance-h wrote:
Picture with a real camera as requested

photo
Photos are not posting to threads , but clicked on it and looks great , still want to hear some about ride characteristics of the Berd spokes.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 17:05 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
lance-h wrote:

photo
Photos are not posting to threads , but clicked on it and looks great , still want to hear some about ride characteristics of the Berd spokes.

When they see some action I will be sure to report back.

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 18:24 Quote
lance-h wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
lance-h wrote:

photo

When they see some action I will be sure to report back.

tup

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 16:50 Quote
Has anyone run a Bomber coil up front? I saw them on sale at Jenson for ~ $370 USD, and was thinking about running one on the front of the Doctahawk.

Since I finished building up a full squish enduro, I want to run a shorter travel fork up front (170mm) on the Doctahawk to improve the climbing attitude for my local trails. (I have a coil fork on my enduro bike and love it for the chunk and chunder. Since I'm not really jumping the Chromag anymore, I figured a coil pogo stick up front could be a good fit for blasting through rock gardens)

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 18:45 Quote
I had a bomber coil on my Hawk and loved it. It’s great that it’s easy to change the travel as well. Simple solid fork

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 16:42 Quote
I had one. The travel change was nice. Small bump compliance was great. Would do again.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 15:20 Quote
Has anyone used a chain guide on a root down
Wondering what works as the dropper post is routed right where most Jean guys with mount

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 7:46 Quote
powellriviera wrote:
I had a bomber coil on my Hawk and loved it. It’s great that it’s easy to change the travel as well. Simple solid fork

I’ve thought about running a coil up front too. Do you know what the axle to crown length on one of those is? The 180 lyrik is 591 I think.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 7:47 Quote
husstler wrote:
I had one. The travel change was nice. Small bump compliance was great. Would do again.

Interesting, yeah… I think the doctahawk rides better with a lower front end as well. I’m
Running a 180 fork, but with a good amount of sag. Corners way better IMO

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 7:54 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
husstler wrote:

Interesting, yeah… I think the doctahawk rides better with a lower front end as well. I’m
Running a 180 fork, but with a good amount of sag. Corners way better IMO

Never mind… found it. 580. You just never know. An EXT fork travel at 170 is actually the same axle to crown height as a Lyrik, I believe. Or close at least

Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 8:48 Quote
Planet cyclery has them for $325

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 18:07 Quote
joelsman wrote:
Planet cyclery has them for $325

Hey Joel!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.134483
Mobile Version of Website