Commencal Meta V3 Builds

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta V3 Builds
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 22:08 Quote
Step right up! If you have a V3 post it up here!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hy1BGDFuRHI/maxresdefault.jpg

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
i am thinking about buying the 2016 model, how good is your bike? any big downs?

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 14:07 Quote
Commencal Meta reloaded
Commencal Meta reloaded
Commencal Meta reloaded
frame : Meta AM 2013
fork : Marzocchi 55 CR
shock : RS monarch
drivetrain : shimano XT + raceface aeffect crank 32t + oneup 42t sprocket
brakes : shimano XT
wheels : mavic crossmax SX front / Halo freedom rear

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
My new Commencal Meta AM V3 Essential
photo
2016 Essential
You guys think I should stick on the yellow fork decals?

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 18:55 Quote
shredderIII wrote:
photo
2016 Essential

Yes. Then put pictures up and ill see what it looks like before deciding whether to do it myself haha.

I will do eventually but it looks okay of now with the white ones.

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
lsteyng wrote:
i am thinking about buying the 2016 model, how good is your bike? any big downs?
I got the essential edition 1 month ago. it was either that or the lower end V4, so I went with a high-end bike.
First off, it is an awesome bike, i use it for bike park and enduro riding, and it absolutely shreds short punchy out of the saddle climbs. It also whips around corners pretty fast as it is a long bike. It can get a bit messy if you go to slow though so you gotta go fast.

the only big down i can tell is no dropper post, and the bearings and rear mech hanger may be hard to find replacements for. also the brake pads wore within 5 bike park trips

nothing else is too bad, just dial in your suspension and youre all set

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 13:47 Quote
[Quote="Paul7189"]
shredderIII wrote:
photo
2016 Essential

Ya dude it looks a lot better i have the same bike.

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
Yeah, the white stickers have really grown on me
Paul7189 wrote:
shredderIII wrote:
photo
2016 Essential

Ya dude it looks a lot better i have the same bike.

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 16:14 Quote
photo

Since this the rear shock has been upgraded and now on Schwalbe tyres. Love this bike and it can deal with a hell of a lot more than I'm able to put it through.

Also good to see a good Meta v3 thread. Will add more pics when I get some decent ones of the upgrades.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 17:41 Quote
i have not got a photo of it with my new kashima transfer dropper post or the cash gold race face bar but here is mine
photo
meta sl1 at coed y brenin bike park after riding the black trail. great fun even if the weather was less than great.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 17:56 Quote
rabidmonkfish wrote:
i have not got a photo of it with my new kashima transfer dropper post or the cash gold race face bar but here is mine
photo
meta sl1 at coed y brenin bike park after riding the black trail. great fun even if the weather was less than great.
sick. that a 34 or 36?

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 at 4:43 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of what rear shock should I get for my v3 2012, battling between FOX (Float CTD or RP23) and Monarch... Any thoughts on which one fits better to this frame? And what tune should I choose for 65kg rider (aggresive style, I prefer rather stiff suspension). Would M/M be fine for this frame?

Cheers

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 2:22 Quote
brooce wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of what rear shock should I get for my v3 2012, battling between FOX (Float CTD or RP23) and Monarch... Any thoughts on which one fits better to this frame? And what tune should I choose for 65kg rider (aggresive style, I prefer rather stiff suspension). Would M/M be fine for this frame?

Cheers

I got a monarch with the medium compression/low rebound tune and it was definitely better than the stock L/L tune ( I'm 60kg and I set the rebound 4 clicks over 8 from open which is a little on the slow side). Be carefull is you choose the monarch don't take the debonair version it desn't fit the frame (air can diameter too big).

FL
Posted: Dec 21, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
Diag wrote:
brooce wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers

I got a monarch with the medium compression/low rebound tune and it was definitely better than the stock L/L tune ( I'm 60kg and I set the rebound 4 clicks over 8 from open which is a little on the slow side). Be carefull is you choose the monarch don't take the debonair version it desn't fit the frame (air can diameter too big).

Did the v3 frame change much from 2012?

I have a 2015 model, running a debonair plus without any problems (clearances are tight but it works perfect)
photo
photo
photo

I'm on the M/M tune and love it! But, i'm a 85kg rider with a fairly aggressive style so big difference there

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023673
Mobile Version of Website