How to get flat tables!!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
How to get flat tables!!!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 2:33 Quote
coolbiker7 wrote:
whichever foot you ride with forward should be down. tuck your knees into your frame, lift up with your bottom foot/leg. the biggest thing though is you have to roll your wrist, so that your hand is pushing your bar, almost as if you were upper cutting it but to the side. really hard to eplain but basically just move your bike on the ground and the easiest way there will be the easiest way in the air. also tables are way easier over hips, especially off a (near) vertical lip. the hip should turn in the direction of your front foot.

yeah basically thats all the advice i can give. tables really arent too hard once you know the trick, but knowing the trick is pretty difficult. practice hard and youll get thereSmile

I must ride awkwardly then because i ride right foot forward and table to my left side (forward foot on the bottom )but whip to my right side and do hips that turn to the left lol, so i need to learn to hip the other way or table the other way?Confused

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 2:37 Quote
Jack-P wrote:
I can never seem to get them really flat. I ride right foot forward (goofy) but it feels awkward to table to the left.. Can anyone get their tables flat with their front foot up?

I table to the left and I ride right foot forward. It kinda makes sense that way...

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
is it wise to practice them out of halfpipes, like on to the flatbank or is it better to do them on a dj or hip

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
you don't need to move your foot just your knees and turn your hand under the grip

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
curlyaaron wrote:
is it wise to practice them out of halfpipes, like on to the flatbank or is it better to do them on a dj or hip

it is WAY easier over a hip. but a flyout jump like a halfpipe means youre probably not gonna crash, so maybe practice there. but still i couldnt even table for shit until i tried it over a hip, then i learned flatties in like a few sessions. and hips are awesome

FL
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Jack-P wrote:
I can never seem to get them really flat. I ride right foot forward (goofy) but it feels awkward to table to the left.. Can anyone get their tables flat with their front foot up?

I table to the left and I ride right foot forward. It kinda makes sense that way...

left foot forward is goofy footed...

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Jack-P wrote:

left foot forward is goofy footed...

no right foot forward is goofy.... in bmx left is goofy

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
lexx wrote:

Are you f*cking kidding me? Do you know what personal preference is?

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
lexx wrote:

Are you f*cking kidding me? Do you know what personal preference is?

PSH of course i know it's all personal pref but i'm just saying most people refer right foot as goofy on MTB and most ppl refer left foot as goofy on BMX

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
And you figured this how? Seems like one hell of a generalization...

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
idk i read a lot? lol lets just drop it because it's a little pointless to go on about it

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
Its like in snowboarding: if you ride with your left foot forward its called regular but if you ride with your right foot forward its called goofy. It doesnt mean your way isnt right its just the name for it.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 23:08 Quote
thanks for dropping it...lol... It is pretty pointless..

On subject.

I ride right foot foreward and find it easier to table to the right, I usually pedal in so my left is foreward to table left.. I whip right and left ( better left ) with my right foreward.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 23:08 Quote
kingcole wrote:
Its like in snowboarding: if you ride with your left foot forward its called regular but if you ride with your right foot forward its called goofy. It doesnt mean your way isnt right its just the name for it.

it's a moot point, Who cares..

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
So I listened to all the advice that everyone gave me and I've been practicing forever and I finally got tables! I'm so happy after working on them for weeks. Thanks everyone
photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029697
Mobile Version of Website