Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: May 11, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
Anyone know if its possible to put a 2013 giant reign linkages and swing arm onto a trance x? im looking to get more travel out of my bike and i cant put a longer shock on it so i was wondering if i replaced the back end with a longer travel bike would it be able to work?

Posted: May 11, 2014 at 22:11 Quote
TimField42 wrote:
Anyone know if its possible to put a 2013 giant reign linkages and swing arm onto a trance x? im looking to get more travel out of my bike and i cant put a longer shock on it so i was wondering if i replaced the back end with a longer travel bike would it be able to work?

Try asking here as you'll get a quicker answer, I don't really know much about that sort of thing but IMO it wouldn't necessarily work but I very well could be wrong

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
TimField42 wrote:

I think its more than just a linkage change. i think the linkage mounts higher on the seat post also. I know this goes for the reign to glory. I could be wrong but i think it will take more than a linkage swap

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 13:40 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
Current setup. Added rockshox lyrik rc2dh air vivid air rc2 rear suspension rockshox reverb ti-springs pedals review on my blog and maxxis HRII tires.

I'm asian and I like this flat ano grey and black one just fine...not the best pic but whatever Razz

Added (since the last time I posted this here) rockshox lyrik RC2DH
Vivid air R2C
Reverb dropper
Ti-springs pedals (review on my blog)
HRII tires

Running XT drivetrain, XT brakes, atlas crankset, crossmax SX wheels. It's going to stay like this for a while. Might get new wheels or put these to tubeless, not sure. It's an 08 ReignX frame, which I was lucky enough to get in amazing condition last year. Only thing that's stock on it is the crankset, and those aren't going anywhere, I like em too much haha.
I have a 13 reign and the lines on this frame is a lot cleaner only thing i did not like about this frames is the pierced bottom tube. Other than that looks sweet and fin to ride. going to switch out my CCDB soon for an RS vivid i think. still thinking it over though.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 17:27 Quote
Frame lines on the 08 and 09 are definitely cleaner. Plus having the ano frame means that it stays looking fresh pretty much forever...I got mine pretty much in new condition and theres minimal cable rub and that's it, very happy with the finish. Jury's still out on whether I like the pierced downtube, but it definitely keeps the TT low and the weight low in the frame and right over the BB, so can't complain from a performance standpoint.

It might be worth the weight loss to pick up a vivid air. TBH, the CCDBA has a lot more stiction than my vivid air. However, I might have just gotten lucky with my vivid and unlucky with the CCDBA that I used.

It's been a great performer so far, I have it set up fairly aggressively so on really high speed chatter on park runs, it doesn't perform as well as a full on DH bike, but it has plenty of travel to soak up big hits and mistakes. Pedals extremely well, but that's mostly the linkage. Pretty much no complaints so far.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
Frame lines on the 08 and 09 are definitely cleaner. Plus having the ano frame means that it stays looking fresh pretty much forever...I got mine pretty much in new condition and theres minimal cable rub and that's it, very happy with the finish. Jury's still out on whether I like the pierced downtube, but it definitely keeps the TT low and the weight low in the frame and right over the BB, so can't complain from a performance standpoint.

It might be worth the weight loss to pick up a vivid air. TBH, the CCDBA has a lot more stiction than my vivid air. However, I might have just gotten lucky with my vivid and unlucky with the CCDBA that I used.

It's been a great performer so far, I have it set up fairly aggressively so on really high speed chatter on park runs, it doesn't perform as well as a full on DH bike, but it has plenty of travel to soak up big hits and mistakes. Pedals extremely well, but that's mostly the linkage. Pretty much no complaints so far.

Mine is a ccdb coil no stiction at all just a hefty weight penalty. The stiction is caused because the lack lube in places they should have lube. FOX is notorious for this. They leave all the seals and bushings dry i guess hoping the oil will take the place of the lube. once you service them and lube the seals that stiction problem goes away. Sad when you pay as much for this equipment and it needs a service to make it perform right. I have thought about sand blasting my frame and having it ano. The paint quality on the Giant bikes is pure crap. Chips with the smallest rock hit.

I am very happy with my reign i use it as my every day whip. Right now its set up really heavy for an upcoming DH day at Northstar bike park. So my fox float is off and the Zocchi 66rcv takes its place 180mm of travel and way better tracking than the float even with the float being a 36. Of course the zocchi is 38mm stanchions. Awesome Single crown DH fork. i go from a 32 lb reign to about a 37lb reign with the Minion tires and tubes. will be my first year there on the reign but the fork and rear shock have been tested there for many years. we will see how the frame does. The 180mm fork does slacken it out a little more which is a plus.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 19:52 Quote
Yeah, I knew you were running the coil! I was just saying between the vivid and the ccdba brand new the Dba has more stiction.

I wish giant still made frames like this. It's a little heavy and lacks a thru axle, but the finish is great and the hardware for the links and shock are great as well, shows more attention to detail than their current builds for sure, which is a bit of a shame. The zocchi is much, much better for park. Way better small bump compliance than most other forks on the market. Mines sitting at a 66 degree HA with the lyrik, I think it's a great fit. I had no problem running the reign as a park bike, except for on extended pump section where there was continuous chatter as I mentioned before. But your setup should be better for that doe sure! Enjoy northstar.

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
here the new trance

my brand new trance 27.5 2

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 15:53 Quote
My Glory frame is starting to look a little bit tatty so I'm considering having it powdercoated over the summer, the only thing is, I don't want a plain frame so was wondering if anyone know anywhere that did replacement/custom decals for a 2010 glory?

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 19:16 Quote
kev-roberts wrote:
My Glory frame is starting to look a little bit tatty so I'm considering having it powdercoated over the summer, the only thing is, I don't want a plain frame so was wondering if anyone know anywhere that did replacement/custom decals for a 2010 glory?

Slikgraphics.com

Send them an email with your frame and whatever ideas you have for decals and they'll send you an estimate on it. They can do pretty much anything.

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 16:15 Quote
Carbon FSA stem
Carbon Merek handlebars
Carbon TRP Dash hydraulic disk brakes
Carbon XO shifters
Carbon XT crankset
Sram x9 derailleuer and cassette
Chris King front and back hubs
Dp20 rims
R.S monarch mc3r remote rear shock
Psylo SL 100mm fork
And of course alot of ink lol
Waiting on carbon headset and bars and white cables
Project almost ready

I'll take new pics this weekend with the new headset, handlebars and white cables and grips on the trail. Just finished painting and wanted to know what you guys think!!

Posted: May 29, 2014 at 15:19 Quote
Set up for winter with a Swampy on the front and Minion DHF on the rear.
Spank Spike bars on the way.
M820 Saint brakes and Saint RT86 rotors
Goodridge braided hose in rear
M820 Saint shifter and M640 Zee rear mech
165mm Zee M645 crankset
Spank Stiffy 40AL rear rim, atomlab blue spokes
DT Swiss EX500 front rim
DMR grips

I was thinking of selling it but really I'm pretty happy with the bike. I 'll try find another bike to do some AM riding with.

I want to play around with the rear shock a bit more to get it just right, but as far as my last bike is concerned the Glory is perfect.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 30, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
what shock do you got on there... if its a vivid i got a pretty good setting that work with glory/faith, found it on the internet and it make the bike alot more alive.... a good bike with a bad shock setting will suck, a good bike with a good shock setting will work like a dream

i was having a hard time setting my rear shock but with that setting its a whole new bike

btw: 5/6 compression, 5/6 ending rebound, 9/16 begining rebound

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 3:09 Quote
Thanks man, appreciate that! Is a vivid R not RC. Maybe that's my next upgrade

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
what shock do you got on there... if its a vivid i got a pretty good setting that work with glory/faith, found it on the internet and it make the bike alot more alive.... a good bike with a bad shock setting will suck, a good bike with a good shock setting will work like a dream

i was having a hard time setting my rear shock but with that setting its a whole new bike

btw: 5/6 compression, 5/6 ending rebound, 9/16 begining rebound

Those settings are pretty close to what I use on my reignX. It's a good starting setup for anything with longer travel maestro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020437
Mobile Version of Website