Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Damn lol that's half a pound heavier than my Turner

photo

I wasn't going to take a picture until I get my next bar/stem installed but whatever, had to flex.

I know that 22.5 is light... For this frame.. It's so much carbon badass stuff put onto a burly heavy 4x frame.. But I honestly don't see getting it substantially lighter. I like running a front brake. And the seat is a Yeti seat. I am considering going to a 150g lighter seat, but other than losing the front brake, things get silly expensive to loose grams now.

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Damn lol that's half a pound heavier than my Turner

photo

I wasn't going to take a picture until I get my next bar/stem installed but whatever, had to flex.

You need to send that baby back to me!

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 21:36 Quote
photo
Not mine, but I really like this build. 27.5 front and 26 rear.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 22:02 Quote
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
photo

She'd be faster than a seagull on a chip.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 23:22 Quote
AntN wrote:
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
photo

Is that really a 27.5" front? Looks like just a bigger tire to me.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 23:26 Quote
Yeah it is 27.5
brightbmx wrote:
AntN wrote:
Uhlrichl1 wrote:
photo

Is that really a 27.5" front? Looks like just a bigger tire to me.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 0:08 Quote
so about 5-6 oz heavier for fk all advantage......

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
Zee crank, minion tyres, don't think it's been built to be especially light.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
These bikes look sick, and the sport looks like amazing fun, wish it was more popular, so more tracks would be around my area. Would love to build up a 4x bike and race with my friends. But right now owning one would be pretty useless

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
They are actually pretty versatile bikes. Most bike parks and modern flow trails are so polished these days that you don’t really need much more bike. While most riders have traded in their freeride/dh bikes for enduro bikes, I think that they are still a bit overkill unless you’re actually riding up and down mountains on a regular basis.

I’d love to see a subcategory of short travel play bikes pop up, like a slope bike, but a bit slacker/longer and like 120mm of travel with 26” wheels.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
I agree, I have a 4x bike but I've never actually raced it. I just find it great fun to play around on, I use it in the bike park, on trails and at the skatepark.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
Yep, I haven't raced for a while but my 4X'er is my most used bike. Dirt jumps, park razzin, general fun play bike

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
My yeti dj has never been raced, but is one of the most versatile bikes I own.. In current trim I have it setup for pump track slaying, but I pop the longer air cartridge in the fork, throw my 10s gear setup and knobby tires on it and its a kickass play bike on our local flow trails and mellow dh tracks.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
Just wished my old meta 4x had a longer reach. Was a really good bike for messing about on

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
i wanna go full sus some point this year, in two minds whether to get a LT bike for DH/Bike park only, and keep my dialled allbert as 'XC' general all rounder.... or too go short travel play bike for dirt jumps, 'xc' general all rounder (and prob keep my albert anyway...)

never had a full suss, so not sure what route to go down... not a great rider so not sure il make the most of a big bike.

Alsol 4x/ss full sus are the sexiest full sussers about, so thats a bonus.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023354
Mobile Version of Website