Breathable Hydration Backpack

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Breathable Hydration Backpack
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 23, 2016 at 19:40 Quote
Right now I ride with a Camelback Rogue. It's small, light, lets me carry the basics (multi tool, master link, sunglasses, a snack, pump and cell phone and plenty of H2O. The problem is my Evil Uprising only has mounts on the bottom of the downtube. Not only is it impractical to reach down there on a slow climb, but it gets super dirty. So looking for a new pack to allow me to get better ventilation under the pack so my back doesn't get as sweaty. Any suggestions? I have even thought of trying out a fanny pack with bladder, but no idea where to start.

Help, my back is gross!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 20:58 Quote
The Camelbak Mule has these to aid airflow, but it's a big pack and I still sweat buckets

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2013/01/CamelBak-Mule-detail.jpg

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 22:25 Quote
Docster wrote:
Right now I ride with a Camelback Rogue. It's small, light, lets me carry the basics (multi tool, master link, sunglasses, a snack, pump and cell phone and plenty of H2O. The problem is my Evil Uprising only has mounts on the bottom of the downtube. Not only is it impractical to reach down there on a slow climb, but it gets super dirty. So looking for a new pack to allow me to get better ventilation under the pack so my back doesn't get as sweaty. Any suggestions? I have even thought of trying out a fanny pack with bladder, but no idea where to start.

Help, my back is gross!
have a look at the dakine range,they have air mesh backs

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 6:25 Quote
osprey raptor. i hate camelbak bladders.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 7:04 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Docster wrote:

Help, my back is gross!

Or the Dakine Drafter or Amp...that mesh web looks amazing!

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
I've got a Vaude Hyper 14+3 - I haven't had it in super hot weather (I'm from the UK....) but it's been great so far. The whole bag is raised away from your back by a mesh, works really well. nice and secure with a bit of a curve on it, stays put and I barely notice it's there. Doesn't come with a bladder but I use a 2l Camelback one, nice little features like clips for the tube, waterproof cover, helmet hooks, key hooks inside etc, and just the right size for a decent ride's kit.
Stuff in my pump, waterproof, food, keys, phone, multitool, Leatherman, spare tube, and there's still room to spare, and expands another 3l if needs be. Great bag.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 7:45 Quote
SmittyPDX wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Docster wrote:

Help, my back is gross!

Or the Dakine Drafter or Amp...that mesh web looks amazing!
great bags,just the bladders are junk,

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
I have a Dakine Amp 12l. It does have a mesh back and it seems to work ok, but it's not like not wearing a pack, either. Still, reasonably recommended.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Bjorn240 wrote:
I have a Dakine Amp 12l. It does have a mesh back and it seems to work ok, but it's not like not wearing a pack, either. Still, reasonably recommended.
what is it like if it's not like wearing a pack?

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 19:40 Quote
No, it's not like not wearing a pack. In other words, it has a mesh back, but it's still like wearing a pack. You get sweaty.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017863
Mobile Version of Website