Enduro bike for tall people

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Enduro bike for tall people
Posted: Aug 6, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
You seen how long the new 2017 Kona Process is?

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
As a tall rider, I was wondering if anyone here notices the difference between bikes with higher stack? Does it make the ride more comfortable cuz I always feel pretty hunched over when riding. Also would you recommend using more spacers or get a higher rise bar if I want to lift the bars?

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
Higher rise bars for sure. Spacers under the stem help but they also shorten your reach and make the cockpit feel smaller.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
As a tall rider, I was wondering if anyone here notices the difference between bikes with higher stack? Does it make the ride more comfortable cuz I always feel pretty hunched over when riding. Also would you recommend using more spacers or get a higher rise bar if I want to lift the bars?

Im 6'2" and won't ride a bike without my spank 2" riser bars. I woul really struggle to ride a longer bike without them.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:

Im 6'2" and won't ride a bike without my spank 2" riser bars. I woul really struggle to ride a longer bike without them.

I was looking into those, for a bike with around 490 mm reach would that be too much rise? Also I would have to change stem since mine is a 35mm clamp, so would you recommend changing from a 40mm to 50mm stem

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:

I was looking into those, for a bike with around 490 mm reach would that be too much rise? Also I would have to change stem since mine is a 35mm clamp, so would you recommend changing from a 40mm to 50mm stem
For me it depends on the bike. My last bike had 495mm reach and i ran the 2" risers but it also wasn't too bad with the stock 30mm bars due to having a high stack... 40mm rise may have been ideal.
Things like stem and bars are pretty personal but don't rule anything out because its not trendy.
People look at my bikes with them stem at the highest position with the most spacers under it and my high rise bars and assume that i know nothing about bikes or am new to riding. The thing is that i know what works best for me after trying everything else.
My next bike is 515mm reach and im looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
I'm 6'5 and my next bike will be a 515 or longer reach with a top tube of 670mm-ish or longer.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:

For me it depends on the bike. My last bike had 495mm reach and i ran the 2" risers but it also wasn't too bad with the stock 30mm bars due to having a high stack... 40mm rise may have been ideal.
Things like stem and bars are pretty personal but don't rule anything out because its not trendy.
People look at my bikes with them stem at the highest position with the most spacers under it and my high rise bars and assume that i know nothing about bikes or am new to riding. The thing is that i know what works best for me after trying everything else.
My next bike is 515mm reach and im looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Alright thanks, definitely going to have more of look into the high rise bars.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I'm 6'5 and my next bike will be a 515 or longer reach with a top tube of 670mm-ish or longer.

Nice, I'm also 6'5 but had to settle on a 490 reach since everything over 515 seemed to come with an extra high price tag. I guess I'll just wait to 2030 for pinkbike's rig to come out.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
I'm almost 6'6" and I ride a SOMA wolverine, Jones bar, 66cm and have enough room and my 2 MTB bikes are COTIC Solaris Max and Flare Max 132! Love them!

MatejM wrote:
Hi all,

I'm 6'5" (198 cm) and I am looking for a new enduro 29er bike with 160 mm fork. So, what are my options? Smile

I tested Specialized Enduro 29er size XL but I am not sure if the size is OK. I wish that 2017 model will be bigger Smile .

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:

Hi, I'm 6' 4" and went over to 29ers purely to have a bike that's the right size / scale.

You should seriously try an Orange Stage 6,

I've always ran risers and spacers but still couldn't get enough stack.
29er gives you that extra height without being perched on top of a bike.

My frame stack is 643, I have a 5mm spacer, 6deg rise stem and 35mm rise bars - feels ace, I feel 'IN' the bike and I've never had so much front end grip/confidence before.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
greetings fellow lengthy people.

Anybody in or near vancouver selling a big bike (preferably enduro 29er), been through buysell a few times and can't seem to find something that would fit under the 3500 CAD range.

Any bike shops selling old demos for a good price?

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 4:32 Quote
As not all XL bikes are necessarily that large , I would have thought you need to base it on reach. I’m 6 foot two, so shorter than you, and my bike is 495mm reach, so I would’ve thought you need something well into the 500 mark

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
As not all XL bikes are necessarily that large , I would have thought you need to base it on reach. I’m 6 foot two, so shorter than you, and my bike is 495mm reach, so I would’ve thought you need something well into the 500 mark

Yeah but I have a hard time finding 500mm+ reach bikes for a good price.

Right now I'm on a 490 reach bike too but I need to sell it before moving. Right now I just need something budget friendly (all I need are wheels and brakes!)

To be honest though, I'm not 100% sold on the long reach bike thing. I'm 6ft6 and after doing some demos I find that anything 470mm reach or more works fine. Although longer is more confortable for sure, I've never ridden a bike and thought I couldn't do something cuz it was too short.

One thing I would like to see is higher stack, not sure about anyone else, but I always feel slouched over when riding (regardless of reach)

Anyway those are just my thoughts. Anyone else find that higher stack would be better for us abnormal length people.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025914
Mobile Version of Website