Should MTB be in the X-Games?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Should MTB be in the X-Games?
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:51 Quote
do you think that mtb should be a sport in the x games? i do. i think that slopstyle mountain bikers are going bigger and doing more extreme tricks than many of the sports in the x-games are currently going. i think that slopestyle and dirt jump competitions would have the biggest chance of getting in, but alos contests such as the Quashqai Urban cahllenge might have a chance. i also think it would be good for the sport to get some recognition. not enough people realize how much the sport has progressed and if it was in the x games ithink they alot more people would want to get into it.

but thats just my opinion, what do you think?

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
yes its a good idea

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
Hell ya it should be. If bmx and motorcross is in it why isnt mtb.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
YES!!! that'd would be really good for our sport, assuming they did it right aka real mountain

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:56 Quote
yea i know what you mean.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
Slopestyle should definatly be in the X games, the progression would be out of hand.
bikers who are seriously throwing down should be collecting some x games sized paychecks.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
thats another good point

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:05 Quote
I completely agree with you. Slopestyle should definitely be in the X Games, it's not getting nearly enough recognition from the mainstream as it should be.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
Dirtjumping and slopestyle should definetly be in teh x-games Riders would go huge!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
but you know, the more exposure it got, the longer the lift lines would be.
and all our local gems would be completely shredded to death.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:10 Quote
thats also very true.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
hey mountain biking was like the first two years but they canceled it because it was not as big 15 years ago

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
I don't know, our sport will be turned into nothind because of the publisaty behind the X games

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
i remember them doing 4x in the snow, but it was pretty sad..

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 18:18 Quote
krazer wrote:
I don't know, our sport will be turned into nothind because of the publisaty behind the X games

What?

I think that mnt bikes should stay out off the x games myself. I think that we need to get back on to the mountains. The Qashqui events were basically the xgames of mtn bikes anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009717
Mobile Version of Website