Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 15:30 Quote
Considering switching from my 2017 Demo SWorks to a 2022 Demo Race Mullet. Has anyone else made this move? Would like to hear your thoughts. The 2017 is already a great bike so I'm wondering if it's really worth it to switch.

Primary use: Race DH, Cat 1/2

Seconardy use: shred park gaps

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 14:14 Quote
Just ordered one in S4. Will sit alongside my Enduro, feel like they are both old bikes now among a crop of space age designs.

Feel a bit silly really as it'll only be ridden a few times a year probably.

Expensive toy.

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 17:18 Quote
Odiguer wrote:
Dwyaki wrote:
Odiguer wrote:

I've been running mine in a mullet config 29/27.5 w/ the old non-adjustable chainstay. Only change I really did was get shorter cranks as it does drop the bb a fair amount. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with it.

not sure if mine is adjustable how would you know if it is adjustable or not? lol... i'm already running a 165mm crankset and maybe lowering the front to 180mm still hunting for a rear shock tho.. lol..

If there's a flip chip on the pivot by the rear axle, it's adjustable. If there's not, its not Smile
how does it even look like never seen 1 before lol...

not this right?
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 16:22 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
Just ordered one in S4. Will sit alongside my Enduro, feel like they are both old bikes now among a crop of space age designs.

Feel a bit silly really as it'll only be ridden a few times a year probably.

Expensive toy.

I just got a new 2022 Demo Expert and yeah, I’ll probably only ride it around 10 times a year. The cost to rent a DH bike while on trips to Whistler and other bike parks has just gotten too much to not justify just buying my own. Found a shop sitting on an S3 and ending up buying it for $3900 USD.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 9:25 Quote
How do you convert “mullet” demos to full 29? I currently have a 2020 Spec. Demo 29 and I’m thinking of getting a new Demo frameset. Can I swap linkages/parts from my current 29 bike to make the new frameset accept 29 or would I need to buy a part from Spec.?

New Demo frameset is looking real spicy:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/demo-race-frameset/p/221248?color=363306-221248

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 13:50 Quote
a-prince wrote:
How do you convert “mullet” demos to full 29? I currently have a 2020 Spec. Demo 29 and I’m thinking of getting a new Demo frameset. Can I swap linkages/parts from my current 29 bike to make the new frameset accept 29 or would I need to buy a part from Spec.?

New Demo frameset is looking real spicy:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/demo-race-frameset/p/221248?color=363306-221248

For full 29 version, you use only the longes and middle setting on the rear flip-chip.

Posted: Apr 13, 2024 at 12:03 Quote
Hello, I have a Specialized Demo 8 Alloy 2017 and I noticed that there’s a clunking sound whenever I test the rear shock. At first I thought it was the shock hardware that was not the correct size, but I changed it with the correct one which is 22.2 mm and that did not help. After that I checked the link bearings at the rear which connect to the upper parts of the rear triangle which turned out to be completely fine after that i greased them. Bike still does the clunking noise. Does anyone have an idea from where it could be? The sound is coming from the area around the shock.

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 3:41 Quote
Is it the Ohlins shock ?
My Ohlins developed a knocking sound, turned out to be something internally was out of tolerance.
But also the rose bearing at the top end is known for knocking, if it was allowed to be ridden too long before being sorted it can wear the shock eyelets, so changing the heardwear will not resolve it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 16:18 Quote
the shock needs a service, all my ttx22m's make that noise after a while. Eventually all the oil will spill out. Stop riding it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 12:29 Quote
Rode it at bike park wales. I don't really like the park, it's better suited to 160mm trail bikes. But the Demo was an absolute slug. Won't take it there again without some trail tires.

Feels like my 180mm 2023 enduro with Ohlins 38/ttx22m.2 coil but with more progression and much, much harder to pedal.

Found it very difficult to jump too, a lot of effort required which wasn't helped by my poor skill. But I think by the end of the day I was kind of understanding the bike a bit better.

That said it had its moments where it was excellent. Seemed to easily generate masses of grip once the speed increased.

Looking forward to riding it some place decent.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
bigburd wrote:
Is it the Ohlins shock ?
My Ohlins developed a knocking sound, turned out to be something internally was out of tolerance.
But also the rose bearing at the top end is known for knocking, if it was allowed to be ridden too long before being sorted it can wear the shock eyelets, so changing the heardwear will not resolve it.
I currently have the RockShox Vivid Air R2C 2022 bought it brand new 8 months ago. Went to a mechanic and he said it’s from the BB bearings which were absolutely toasted and greasing them did make it better but after a few minutes it came back. If I fix it completely I’ll update.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012215
Mobile Version of Website