Nobbly Nic Pinch Flats

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
Hi there,

Does anyone else have issues with Nobbly Nic tyres pinch flatting? And yes, I'm running tubeless!

I've had it about 4 times now, where the rim punches right through the side wall (just above the beed) and through the tread. Two holes!
It doesn't seal up, because of the position of hole just above the beed.
I've never had this kind of the issue before. Just wanted to see if it's my bad riding or if anyone else has had the same issue.
I might try some Purgatorys again.

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 14:00 Quote
I presume you are using the Snakeskin version? Then yes, if you bottom these tires out on the rim, they do cut or pinch flat rather easily. Also, for some reason the Nobby Nic snakeskin seem more fragile than other Schalwbe Snakeskin tires in my experience. The easiest but most annoying solution is to run a higher air pressure. Otherwise you can shell out for Procore, or switch to a (probably heavier) tire with a thicker sidewall like you mentioned.

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
The snakeskin nics are pretty fragile I had one of mine blow out whilst sat having coffee and cake. Now have changed to mountain king instead.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 0:19 Quote
Xorrox wrote:
I presume you are using the Snakeskin version? Then yes, if you bottom these tires out on the rim, they do cut or pinch flat rather easily. Also, for some reason the Nobby Nic snakeskin seem more fragile than other Schalwbe Snakeskin tires in my experience. The easiest but most annoying solution is to run a higher air pressure. Otherwise you can shell out for Procore, or switch to a (probably heavier) tire with a thicker sidewall like you mentioned.

I've done it on the double defence too.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 19:04 Quote
If your snake biting numerous tires either run more air so they cant rim or run a thicker casing. If you run a thicker casing and still rim your definitely running to low of pressure. I'd try and bump pressure a bit and see if it helps.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 23:21 Quote
I swear I'm riding higher pressures than before though. It may be that I'm flying faster into rocks now. I might try a different tyre and if that has the same issues, then I know it's me.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 3:49 Quote
http://hucknorris.com/

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
kopaczus wrote:
http://hucknorris.com/

I am looking into that. Friend told me about it.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 20:22 Quote
I have the same issue running anything under 30psi so I got rid of them and went to a Maxxis Ardent.
No more problems now.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
Interesting. I have a brand new one I might return then.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 5:55 Quote
got the exact same puncture on my Purgatory. i guess it's my shit riding.
i think the only cure is the Huck Norris.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 6:50 Quote
Sounds like you need a supergravity casing if not a full on DH casing. Schwalbe don't make a Nobby Nik SG but they do Magic Mary, Rock Razor, dirty Dan & Hans dampf I have a Magic Mary SG casing for when I'm riding in places where there are a lot of edges to hit and it seems to do the job.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 21:48 Quote
I been riding a SG/ Magic Mary and a SE4 in back with low psi and no issues. I'm about 250 RTR and ran mid 20psi range in rocky terrain with no issues.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
i've invested in Huck now, so hopefully he can protect my tyres Wink

i can't use Mary's on the rear - limited to 2.25".

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015001
Mobile Version of Website