Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 16:04 Quote
Cables under the BB are shit, I’ve bashed both of mine to point of severing the rear brake hose. I’ve now routed the brake over the B.B. see photos pervious in this thread. Unfortunately I see no way of rerouting the gear cable.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 2:34 Quote
Sprinter2139 wrote:
StevieJB wrote:
It’s easy, I’ve swapped brake and gear cables. The outers don’t go on the frame except chain stay. There are no internal tubes but the ports are nice and big once you pop the plastic guides out.

That's great to hear, as I managed to bash the lower part of my outer gear cable on a rock where it exits the bottom frame port too. It's taken a chunk of the outer off and damaged the steel braiding so I need to replace the whole damn cable run now!

That damn cable guide near the BB is an absolute PITA to get out. I'm sure there's an easy way to pop it out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 7:10 Quote
From memory it bends in the middle and pops out.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 1:36 Quote
adampadam wrote:
Sup!

Just received this beauty two days ago:

photo

Its a Jab 9.0 HD, and its totally awesome Smile

Made an unboxing vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVr-jHIxP8

And a first ride review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RU0vqLW8c

Not many of these around yet so Im happy to answer any questions Smile

PMSL - Box was bigger than the car!

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
From memory it bends in the middle and pops out.

Yep - thats how mine came out - squeezed the ends together.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 1:54 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
Awesome cheers dude. Can't wait to get back to Shimano shifting!

I had an issue with the shiftmix - the bolt holding the shifter kept coming loose and eventually wrecked the shifter mount - I think as long as you keep it done up it should be fine. I was going to put some superglue on the bolt head to stop it coming undone (Locktight didn't do well enough). Wish I had now.

Love Shimano though.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
I've test the JAB this week, in bikepark, with low pressure in tires (2.4), i loved this bike in rocks and roots section, and wet condition !
With 30% SAG, very good grip !
More expensive for me, but really good feeling !!

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 4:15 Quote
The biker s ordered !!!
I hope its delivered next week !!!
Ordered NC radiance copper pedals think they will look awesome on the bike
Now camping next the door so i won't miss these quick to run DHL guys....
yiiiiiihaaaaaa

LeftyB wrote:
Hallo

I 'm waiting for the 2018 swoop 170 10.0 to be delivered when they are in stock
my question is how are the bearings from the rear end holding up ?
Are there any issues with them cause they are a bit small...
And are there other issues with these bikes after riding them for a year or more
It takes Radon a long time to deliver the 2018 swoop models, worth the waiting ??
Cheers

Marco

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
Hi all, just joined the Radon club (after a few delays!) from a 2016 Giant Reign 1.
This thing is freaking awesome, the suspension is so good, and it corners like a beast!!
Just waiting for the 1 finger levers and carbon bars to turn up and the bream bike will be complete! Big Grin
Oh, and the 34T chainring, there's nothing around here you need 32x50 for!

2018 Radon Swoop 170 10
  2018 Radon Swoop 170 10

2018 Radon Swoop 170 10
  2018 Radon Swoop 170 10

2018 Radon Swoop 170 10
  2018 Radon Swoop 170 10

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 3:45 Quote
Tasty. I got the one-finger levers too and much prefer them. And carbon bars.

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 3:45 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
Tasty. I got the one-finger levers too and much prefer them. And carbon bars.
Cheers buddy.
Levers turned up and are MUCH better than the originals! I'm really impressed by the Maguras actually.
Got some carbon to mount them on now too! Big Grin
photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 7:31 Quote
How does it compares to the Reign ? I have one myself and I'm considering the swoop for next year

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:03 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
How does it compares to the Reign ? I have one myself and I'm considering the swoop for next year

I didn't think that the reach was much different between the two of them when I first rode the Swoop until, prompted by your question, I just went back on the Reign...which now feels way shorter in the reach!! The Swoop is slacker too, and the front end is higher...all good things as far as I'm concerned, as most of my riding is gravity orientated!

The Swoop feels a lot more solid than the Reign, which is definitely more flexible at the back end. The Swoop is slightly heavier than my dieted Reign (29.6lbs vs 32lbs with pedals) but I don't have an issue with that, as I think it probably helps with its solid feel. Riding up is no harder, given the Swoops steeper seat tube angle.
The suspension on the Swoop 10 is however vastly superior to the Monarch Plus/Pike set up I had on the Reign 1.
The X2 is as plush as the Cane Creek DB Coil I had on my DH bike!
I am riding trails I know well faster on the Swoop. It corners better too (riding in lowest/slackest setting).
The suspension just takes all the drama out of the trail and allows you just let go of the brakes, if you dare!

I have absolutely no regrets moving to the Swoop, it is everything I hoped it would be... the bike that would take the place of both the Reign and my recently sold Devinci Wilson DH bike!
Given that you you can buy a Swoop 170 10 for less than a Reign 1, with full Fox Factory and Eagle, it's a no brainer!

My only reservation is the amount of noise the E13 rear hub makes...it's like having two Hope Pro 4's back there!! lol

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:14 Quote
The Swoop 170 doesn't have any down tube protection, which concerned me slightly. So after a bit of a hunt, I found this on the Rose website, and it fits perfectly! Big Grin
https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/rose-downtube-protection-2652384

I heli taped in front of the BB first (Bike Shield seems to stick best to the anodized finish) and then stuck the protector to that.
It looks more grey in the photos than it actually is (the bits of Velcro are to stop the bike rack rubbing!)

Rose frame protector on Radon Swoop 170

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:30 Quote
ratboy158 wrote:
The Swoop 170 doesn't have any down tube protection, which concerned me slightly. So after a bit of a hunt, I found this on the Rose website, and it fits perfectly! Big Grin
https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/rose-downtube-protection-2652384

I heli taped in front of the BB first (Bike Shield seems to stick best to the anodized finish) and then stuck the protector to that.
It looks more grey in the photos than it actually is (the bits of Velcro are to stop the bike rack rubbing!)

Nice - I put a carbon rockguardz one on after a rock strike at BPW dented the downtube. That looks really sweet though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.058432
Mobile Version of Website