YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 20:05 Quote
Here is a link to the kit:
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/1-4-torque-wrench-set-silver

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
Gamefreak2281 wrote:
Has anyone successfully converted AL 1 to tubeless with the stock tires (high roller II exo not TR)? I know the m 1900 rims are supposed to be ready to go with some tape and valves. But I'm concerned that the tires won't hold up...
I'm happy running tire pressure around 28 psi but I got a couple pinch flats yesterday.

I'm running tubeless with this setup too, not had any issues so far but the bike doesn't come with tape or valves, I believe only the high end carbon models come tubeless ready

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
Gamefreak2281 wrote:

Thanks. I'll also reach out to my LBS.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
Chater wrote:
RichN21 wrote:
If I want to set my E13 rims up tubeless can anyone recommend me some valves and solution?

They are already taped and I have Ardent and an Ikon TR tyres ready to go on

I've used a few valve types over the years and I have to admit that the E13 valves that came with the CF1 were the easiest to get a solid seal. Probably because they are designed for the rim but also the 2 piece design gives it a solid seal from both sides. Also they look good and that is super important.
So my recommendation is E13 if you can get hold of them.

Your CF1 came with valves??? Mine didn't unless I didn't look hard enough, where was yours at?

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
nlibot33 wrote:
Chater wrote:
RichN21 wrote:
If I want to set my E13 rims up tubeless can anyone recommend me some valves and solution?

They are already taped and I have Ardent and an Ikon TR tyres ready to go on

I've used a few valve types over the years and I have to admit that the E13 valves that came with the CF1 were the easiest to get a solid seal. Probably because they are designed for the rim but also the 2 piece design gives it a solid seal from both sides. Also they look good and that is super important.
So my recommendation is E13 if you can get hold of them.

Your CF1 came with valves??? Mine didn't unless I didn't look hard enough, where was yours at?

Yeah mate, they were in an E13 packet inside the box of stuff. They would have been hard to miss.
I'd email YT and see if they can send you a set as I believe they should have come standard with the CF models.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 6:20 Quote
May seem like an obvious question but jeffsy is my first carbon bike. Can I/Should I put it in a workstand with a clamp? Is there really a risk of crushing the frame or is that just exaggerated horror stories?

Or can I clamp it on the extended race face dropper post?

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 7:57 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
May seem like an obvious question but jeffsy is my first carbon bike. Can I/Should I put it in a workstand with a clamp? Is there really a risk of crushing the frame or is that just exaggerated horror stories?

Or can I clamp it on the extended race face dropper post?

Remove enough of the seat post to clamp to.
Don't clamp the carbon frame.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
CF1 27 in Canada did not come with the e13 valves/tape. I was in a rush to setup so didn't bother asking YT for a set and just used generic stuff, worked fine with stock Maxxis HR2 EXO tires. My friend's CF Pro did come with rims taped and the e13 valves which are nice for sure.

I would just use the standard torque settings even with carbon paste. That is what I do on my carbon DH bike with carbon handlebars and seat post.

As another poster said, pull some seat post out to clamp (I don't like clamping the dropper part of the post although some claim it's fine with a rag to protect it).

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
whats up guys im selling my Jeffsy 275 CF1 sz Large if anybody is interested, the bike is seriously brand new only had about 3 weeks of riding. Has hop ups as well and im selling on pink bike for 4500 but since im part of this thread and serious buyers want this bike on here ill let it go for 4300 free shipping let me know cheers.

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 21:39 Quote
My Raceface Turbine dropper on the CF Pro doesn't seem to hold air very long. I've had to refill it several times since taking delivery of the bike, which is a real pain. Has anyone else had this issue?

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
BJBSP50 wrote:
Gamefreak2281 wrote:

Thanks. I'll also reach out to my LBS.

Get a professional one. I bought a 50 euros torque wrench and almost distroyed my carbon frame from overtorquing because the damn thing didnt click. Ended up not using a torque wrench at all and i am totally fine. Carbon is not that fragile as i learnt over time.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 0:10 Quote
Been debating between the spectral and jeffsy for the past 2 months. Finally pulled the trigger on the white cf one. Hopefully @ 5'8.5" I wont have issues with the seat tube length of a medium frame.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
Anyone know off hand if the high-roller II tires that come with the CF-1 are the Tubeless-ready (TR) model?

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
trombs wrote:
My Raceface Turbine dropper on the CF Pro doesn't seem to hold air very long. I've had to refill it several times since taking delivery of the bike, which is a real pain. Has anyone else had this issue?

There's a known issue with the cable needing somewhat frequent adjustments. Maybe you've got a similar problem?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011795
Mobile Version of Website