Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 23:16 Quote
I have an X that originally came new on an alloy V2, I used it on my V2 carbon and really rate it but the lockout does very little, not an issue as I hardly ever use it on my Sentinel, I have the same shock on a Privateer 141 and it seems to work better/ do more.
My v2 has a Kitsuma coil on most of the time and as Joe says it’s a proper solid lock out.

Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 15:34 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
someguy101 wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:

SD Air

Good call

dunno if the tune is any help, but 0L2LNLC320 is quite good

0L2LCNL32= 0= 0 Negative Tokens, L= Linear Air Can, 2= 2 Positive Token, LN= Linear Rebound, LC=Low Compression, 32=320 lockout force

Cheers, I will see if i can find a similar tune for sale.

I think coil is kind of overkill for how i ride and adds unnecessary weight. Also my weight changes from summer to spring as i get fat, so i will need extra springs ha

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 21:04 Quote
Anyone have any educated guesses on when they might release the newest iteration of the sentinel? Wanna pick up a frame at the sale prices but eager to see what the new color are gonna be.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 21:22 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
Anyone have any educated guesses on when they might release the newest iteration of the sentinel? Wanna pick up a frame at the sale prices but eager to see what the new color are gonna be.

Probably soon I'd imagine. After seeing the Spur update, I only expect a color change and UDH compatible to be the "updates". Why change a perfect bike? Big Grin

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 21:47 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
IsaacO wrote:

Probably soon I'd imagine. After seeing the Spur update, I only expect a color change and UDH compatible to be the "updates". Why change a perfect bike? Big Grin

quite alot can help the sentinel....

f/r Balance - Requires Quite an active Riding style to get the most from the bike, Probably due to the head angle and short reach so cant swing off it. - One of the hardest to ride bikes ive had. (the shops here suggest a +1 headset.)

updating the Link so it doesnt flex so damn much and increase progressiveness.

bigger headset so we can run angle sets/reach adjust.

obviously UDH on Carbons

mulletable etc

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 1:00 Quote
heh

Sentinel right now is a meth-bike. Maximum changes(my prediction) is UDH (T-TYPE), storage, new colours.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 1:53 Quote
My guess is a flip ship on the lower mount, to adjust the angle and to save on warranty as they have a habit of seizing and ruining the frame, longer by 6-10mm, UDH obvs, I’m not sure they will go with in frame storage but that would be cool.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:09 Quote
Sentinel is the tits. Perfect bike for me except for the stack height. My palms always go numb when I do long climbs because I have so much pressure on my palms in my climbing position. I have 5 spacers under my bars and a 35mm rise bar and my hands/palms still go numb. I even swapped from a Zeb to 36 just to get a longer steerer tube for moar spacers(yeah I know Zeb ATC > 36 ATC).

One of my favorite attributes of this bike is the cornering (ON RAILS) and Im wondering if it has to do with so much front tire weight (grip) from such a weighted forward position (for me).

FYI there is a new Sentinel coming this summer. I don't know the details but it is coming.

I also really like the progressive nature of this frame/bike. This bike really responds to rider feedback/input as opposed to that "gooeey" ultra plush enduro rig feel.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:23 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Sentinel is the tits. Perfect bike for me except for the stack height. My palms always go numb when I do long climbs because I have so much pressure on my palms in my climbing position. I have 5 spacers under my bars and a 35mm rise bar and my hands/palms still go numb. I even swapped from a Zeb to 36 just to get a longer steerer tube for moar spacers(yeah I know Zeb ATC > 36 ATC).

One of my favorite attributes of this bike is the cornering (ON RAILS) and Im wondering if it has to do with so much front tire weight (grip) from such a weighted forward position (for me).

FYI there is a new Sentinel coming this summer. I don't know the details but it is coming.

bigquotesI have 5 spacers under my bars and a 35mm rise bar and my hands/palms still go numb.

heh

Got 160 SR Auron, 2cm of spacers, under stem + 30 mm. lenght Title stem + SQlab 30x Bar (12* backsweep) (35 mm rise). This combo gives me more comfort + decrease reach for more playful bike.

also, if your hands still numbing, look at SQlab Grip 711 Tech & Trail 2.0

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:25 Quote
a-prince wrote:

The reason your hands are going numb is because you have TOO much stack. The higher your stack goes, the less you engage your core which in turns puts all your weight and support on your hands. I learned this while getting a professional bike fit with someone well known in that space.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:33 Quote
So im generally curious how lowering bar height takes away pressure from your palms? If you are sitting down and you are leaning forward and all your weight is on your bars how is lowering your bar more going to reduce that pressure? This isn't something I just set and forget. I messed around with quite a few different setups +/- 5mm stack and different bars, plus different forks.

I will also say this is only on climbs for me (2 hour pavement climb to get to trail start) but I never have numbness issues on descending.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:40 Quote
a-prince wrote:
So im generally curious how lowering bar height takes away pressure from your palms? If you are sitting down and you are leaning forward and all your weight is on your bars how is lowering your bar more going to reduce that pressure? This isn't something I just set and forget. I messed around with quite a few different setups +/- 5mm stack and different bars, plus different forks.

if your reach is too long for you, you've get forward and move weight on your hands. its new-sсhool big-reach paradigm, imho, and its a reason, why you've having discomfort in your hands.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:42 Quote
That's what Im saying mayne. Im trying to compensate me bending over so much for the reach by jacking the stack height up. Maybe I should try a medium frame (Im 6'0").

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:47 Quote
a-prince wrote:
That's what Im saying mayne. Im trying to compensate me bending over so much for the reach by jacking the stack height up. Maybe I should try a medium frame (Im 6'0").

I'm 6ft tall too and run 1 3mm spacer under the stem with 35mm bars and a 38 and my hands never go numb. Something isn't right

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:49 Quote
a-prince wrote:

I will also say this is only on climbs for me (2 hour pavement climb to get to trail start) but I never have numbness issues on descending.

I would recommend getting a professional bike fit but from someone well known. They can help guide frame sie, and reach. If youa re in CO, I have recommendations.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014118
Mobile Version of Website