to coil or not to coil

PB Forum :: Intense
to coil or not to coil
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 4:32 Quote
Afternoon guys!!!!

I have an intense recluse foundation build with a few upgrades on her so far .......

my question to anyone on here is have they added a coil to theres?

it would need to be a 200 x 57 coil also.

anyone done this ?

cheers
Nev

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 1:29 Quote
Nevbob21 wrote:
Afternoon guys!!!!

I have an intense recluse foundation build with a few upgrades on her so far .......

my question to anyone on here is have they added a coil to theres?

it would need to be a 200 x 57 coil also.

anyone done this ?

cheers
Nev

Bit of an old post, but I just did this myself. Put an old Fox DHX 5.0 coil on it and it helped with small bump a ton. Still didnt make the bike great in that area, but much better than it was!

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 17:54 Quote
On the mtbr Intense forum, there's a few that put coil shocks on either the Recluse or Primer. They put CC inline coils and they have awesome things to say about the results.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
Not a Recluse but on a Tracer.
I have run it with a coil (fox vanilla) for around 3 months and it was lush. The small bump sensitivity was real good and the traction increase was insane. I ran it for 2 weeks in the alps and I dont think the air shock would have provided me with what I needed.
But.
Came home put the air shock (monarch) and for non lift assisted riding-normal riding-the air will definitely be staying on.
If I was riding lifts or big mountain descents more regular the coil would be on.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 13:45 Quote
Ya I'm thinking about the DB inline coil myself.

If you go that route TF tuned in your country has the best price I could find on the internet.

Plus they take it apart make sure it was assembled properly and put better oil in it.

In addition they will set the shock up for your weight riding style and bike.

And they will handle service for you.

All for less then 400 euro.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
I am in the process of trying to decide whether or not I should order a new fit kit (bushings/spacers/etc), that would allow me to use my PUSH DHX 4.0 (that I took off my old 2010 Uzzi and have listed for sale), so that I could try it on my 2018 Tracer and maybe keep it as an alternative shock.
The Tracer currently has an Avy tuned RS Monarch Plus (which is awesome!), but, I'm just curious how much better DH days would be with a coil.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
sparkyalumni wrote:
I am in the process of trying to decide whether or not I should order a new fit kit (bushings/spacers/etc), that would allow me to use my PUSH DHX 4.0 (that I took off my old 2010 Uzzi and have listed for sale), so that I could try it on my 2018 Tracer and maybe keep it as an alternative shock.
The Tracer currently has an Avy tuned RS Monarch Plus (which is awesome!), but, I'm just curious how much better DH days would be with a coil.

What size fit kit do you need for the recluse/spider? Would that help with small bumps ?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022353
Mobile Version of Website