Powered by Outside

Chain Reaction Cycles? Orders and Customer Service

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Chain Reaction Cycles? Orders and Customer Service

Author Message
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
I have a love/hate relationship with CRC. Wondering what others’ opinions and experiences have been. I’m a huge fan of their quality in-house brands (Vitus, Nukeproof, Brand X) and aggressive pro-customer pricing. However, I’ve definitely had mixed experiences with the ordering process and customer service. Anything from completely botched orders that end up being cancelled, to massive delays with bike deliveries (no trace of the bike from the warehouse to the courier, eating an entire week of delivery time) that have caused me problems. My previous and current order fall into this category and their customer service of late has basically equated to a McShrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Sometimes bike and gear deliveries are time/travel sensitive, and with my last purchase I would have definitely paid a bit more from their competitor to avoid another botched order from them.

I’ve had positive experiences too, having spent a fair amount of $$ with them, but just curious what others’ experiences have been.

FL
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
My experiences have always been good up until recently. Although I believe they have recently been taken over by wiggle, as well as moving to a new warehouse. So this is probably the cause of the delays/bad customer service

Hopefully they get back to how they were soon

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 16:03 Quote
Ah yes, good point. I remember reading about that. CRC was a glorious revelation for awhile as a US customer (ie having severely limited and often lame domestic MTB options compared to UK/Europe imo). Some pretty disappointing stuff going on with them now however. Don't know much about Wiggle other than theyre huge. File under Corporate Takeover Turdville? My worklife has been affected by this more than once (usually not for the better). So yes, as a previous fan, seriously hope it settles in. God forbid it was actually made better o_o

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
I ordered a ht MTB from them a month ago..They processed the order, and shipped it out to the states very quickly. I had a couple of questions re: the bike, and they got back to me asap, so I'm a happy camper re: CRC.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
I used to get things from CRC in about the same amout of time as things shipped from JensonUSA, but now I just plan for at least 2 weeks delivery.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
No issues on ordering but they've been useless on getting the sram brakes on my new bike I bought from them warrantied (faulty out of the box). I won't buy another bike from them.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
Oh also their bike "building" work Isa joke. Expect to tear down and rebuild anything you get from them.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 11:21 Quote
I doubt if I'd buy parts from them, JensonUSA is close, and I get the parts within 2 days at most.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
I purchase parts from CRC/Wiggle all the time and I've bought one bike. Good prices, no sales tax, free and quick shipping. I've had good luck with them.

I've only had one experience with customer service. My order was missing a small part because the box was crushed and torn open. Contacted CS and told them the problem. They sent out the replacement part the next day. Received it a few days later. No questions asked. They just apologized and took care of me. Like I said, I've been more than satisfied.

Just my .02

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
I agree that as of late they are lacking in the shipping/PR department but....I just took delivery of an Octane One Void frame, the inside of the headtube was all scratched up and missing paint, completely cosmetic. Sent them pictures and a week later had a $30usd gift voucher. Kept me happy. But I still buy most of my stuff from a local bike shop.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
Thanks for the replies!



BikePilotOne wrote:
No issues on ordering but they've been useless on getting the sram brakes on my new bike I bought from them warrantied (faulty out of the box). I won't buy another bike from them.

I had the same issue (though months later) on my 2016 CF Sommet, Sram Guide brakes and I found that irksome as well. CRC was willing to begin the process AFTER I sent them the entire brake kit. What a pain. And this is regarding an issue that is widely known (levers malfunctioning, faulty cylinder or something) My advice if you're still dealing with this, is to check with a local bikeshop with a decent reputation. I'm lucky that my default shop is pretty helpful, and they just took care of it, believe it or not, for free. Got a bleed out of it too and only took a few days to complete. They were very aware of this issue and in fact get compensated by SRAM to make things right. (Even for bikes not purchased with them.) That's not exactly how SRAM described the process to me over the phone (were a bit more guarded) but a good shop can totally take care of this problem. Good luck.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 11:32 Quote
If CRC customer service is on the decline what's the alternative (when you wanna go cheap, obviously LBS FTW)? As a Canadian, Jenson is the only other place I've found that will let me prepay duty which generally saves a ton of money with brokerage fees.

What's everyone's experience with Jenson like? I've had one package from them get lost which was a pain but they sent a new one really fast. Their promo codes never seem to work though.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 11:46 Quote
AlbinoBlacMan wrote:
If CRC customer service is on the decline what's the alternative (when you wanna go cheap, obviously LBS FTW)? As a Canadian, Jenson is the only other place I've found that will let me prepay duty which generally saves a ton of money with brokerage fees.

What's everyone's experience with Jenson like? I've had one package from them get lost which was a pain but they sent a new one really fast. Their promo codes never seem to work though.

Ordered from jenson 6 or 7 times in the past 2 years. Always good pricing even with the exchange rate. I saved a good amount of money ordering from them . Delivery is always around 2 weeks. No a single problem as of yet.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
I had a issue with chain reaction. Ordered a 30.9 brand x dropper and when it showed up a 31.6 was in the brand x package.
This was a Christmas present so I wasn’t in the best mood when emailing them, I let them know they needed to fix it ASAP.

Timeline of events
Wrong part arrived on a Tuesday, I emailed them quickly telling them they need to send me the correct one before the end of the week. I’m 8 hours behind so I was worried about the communication delay. After checking their stock the next email on Thursday asked the normal questions and told me they would send someone to pick up the wrong part.
Friday morning I got a email that my order was shipped and on Tuesday the delivery driver dropped off my parcel and picked up the other one.
I’m very impressed that it was sorted that quickly.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 16:17 Quote
AlbinoBlacMan wrote:
If CRC customer service is on the decline what's the alternative (when you wanna go cheap, obviously LBS FTW)? As a Canadian, Jenson is the only other place I've found that will let me prepay duty which generally saves a ton of money with brokerage fees.

What's everyone's experience with Jenson like? I've had one package from them get lost which was a pain but they sent a new one really fast. Their promo codes never seem to work though.

I order a ton of stuff from Jenson here in the US. Theyve always been great except when they say something is backordered to a certain date, they just picked a random date. I just canceled an order for Azonic bars that I placed in October. It would be nice if they dont know when its going to be in stock to just say that.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009235
Mobile Version of Website