What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Apr 18, 2016 at 16:28 Quote
i heard Kali was handing out free helmets for old ones in sea otter. Were they just the cheap ones? Hope I didn't miss out lol

Posted: Apr 18, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
i heard Kali was handing out free helmets for old ones in sea otter. Were they just the cheap ones? Hope I didn't miss out lol

It was an in-kind trade. So if you had a dirt jump helmet, you got a dirt jump helmet. I also saw a few people walking around with carbon full faces from trade ins. I didn't really stop by the booth and check it out. Lines were stupid long, but my friends got some new half lids (although they were ugly old graphics).

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2016 at 17:30 Quote
Nope that's the new SE4. Ropo is just moto as f*ck.

Edit: in response to mix's post.

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2016 at 20:17 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Nope that's the new SE4. Ropo is just moto as f*ck.

Edit: in response to mix's post.
Yup that is the SE4. Looks like they modeled the SE4 to look more like a d3 than anything else.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
TLD SE4 Carbon the helmet Mitch rode during SOC Downhill,allot of venting!

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
looking at that video and the helmet that Mitch is wearing they look almost identical except the one he is wearing looks to have additional venting on the top.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 17:54 Quote
Anybody running the smith squad mtb goggles? Wanting something green and red and these seem to fit the bill.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 22:09 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
Anybody running the smith squad mtb goggles? Wanting something green and red and these seem to fit the bill.
I think they're pretty stupid.

They dont keep dust out like regular goggles and you're SOL if you ride in contacts.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 13:56 Quote
jfkusa wrote:

Yupp just got mine in the mail today. I'm pretty stoked to ride em
Tld d3 with smith squad mtb

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 7:27 Quote
just received my new melon parker mx goggles, keen to try them out now
photo

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
toddyf12 wrote:
photo

I got mine yesterday! After one ride I can tell its pretty hard to beat the bang for buck ratio!

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 8:07 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
toddyf12 wrote:
photo

I got mine yesterday! After one ride I can tell its pretty hard to beat the bang for buck ratio!
and i thought i got mine quick! they look of a very good quality just from first impressions and seem to have a good wide FOV aswell

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 9:22 Quote
However I did order a silver chrome mirror lens and ended up with the same lens as you... but they've got a freepost address and seem to be a pretty spot on bunch!

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 10:36 Quote
Just got myself this :

Just 1 Mister X carbon orange

thing is crazy light.

Still in doubt about what goggles to get.... Tips are welcome.

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 21:34 Quote
mickeymetz wrote:
Just got myself this :

Just 1 Mister X carbon orange

thing is crazy light.

Still in doubt about what goggles to get.... Tips are welcome.
Are this for moto or also safe for mountain biking ? Is it light as a carbon dh helmet ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021826
Mobile Version of Website