What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
After many purchases and returns, finally settled on this combo:

6D helmet with Smith IO/X goggles. I use the goggles for skiing and they worked great for over-the-glasses goggles. Glasses nor goggles ever fogged upped. Just need to get some trail friendly lenses before the new season starts. Yes, the helmet is a little larger than most, but it's also one of the most comfortable I've worn and I feel safer with this tech surrounding my head.

6D ATB-1 w Smith IO X goggles.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 1:58 Quote
My helmet and goggles combination

My helmet and goggle combination.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
Hi guys, so i got an ixs trail RS in the end, nice helmet and seems decent for trail riding. Only problem is gopro mounting. I tried sticking one to the top around the back half but it just didn't stick as its got lots of grooves and holes the patch just wont hold. I want the footage to look half decent, wondering if there is any way to get something to stick on the top or if someone managed with this helmet. Picture off internet for reference:

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 17:51 Quote
Get a vented helmet strap

Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
Get a vented helmet strap

one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Vented-Helmet-Strap-Official/dp/B002EF2200/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484564455&sr=8-1&keywords=gopro+helmet+strap

Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 3:31 Quote
Yeah cheers mate i got one coming soon. Hopefully it holds it tight and doesn't rattle about. Cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 19:09 Quote
What do you guys think is the best helmet for under $300? My current helmet is awesome, but it needs to be replaced, with something cheaper....
photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 0:01 Quote
Hey guys,
I'd like to buy an integral helmet for enduro racing. Do you only buy ASTM certified helmets or CPSC/CE helmets are OK ? That's because i love the Bluegrass Explicit but it's only CE certified and the Bluegrass Brave is much more expensive

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
Hey guys,
I'd like to buy an integral helmet for enduro racing. Do you only buy ASTM certified helmets or CPSC/CE helmets are OK ? That's because i love the Bluegrass Explicit but it's only CE certified and the Bluegrass Brave is much more expensive
the ASTM Downhill certification is 100% worth having. It is one of the only tests that actually certifies the Chin bar. (I'm sure some EU tests do as well, but I know very little about them.)

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 2:28 Quote
+1, ASTM is the only one for fullface bicycle helmets (chin bar test, etc.)
ASTM is the american standard for DH helmets and CPSC is the american standard for classic helmets.

But there is only one standard for CE (for classic helmets).
Same for the australian standard: AS.

CPSC / CE / AS : for all kind of bicycle helmets
ASTM : for fullface bicycle helmets (I would definitly go for this one)

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
Definitely save up for the Brave. For under €100 it's not too much and helmets aren't something you'd want to be penny pinching on

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 2:31 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Definitely save up for the Brave. For under €100 it's not too much and helmets aren't something you'd want to be penny pinching on

Quite hard to find the new brave for under 100e. How is the sizing ? I'm right between M and L

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
In the past bluegrass used to be bigger than the average, I would go for the M size.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 6:03 Quote
My 8 year old son's adult L (yes, large - big headed kid) D3 Squirt and 100% goggles

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021429
Mobile Version of Website