Rockshox Yari RC & Luftkappe?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rockshox Yari RC & Luftkappe?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 18, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
Anyone tried this?

What are your thoughts?

I have a Lyrik fork and bought secondhand Yari/luf for my hardtail build but fancy swapping out for tomorrows ride on my full suss..

Will I be surprised??

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
The Luftkappe is the best $80 I have ever spent to upgrade a bike. I don't think I'll ever use another RockShox fork without one. It's that much better.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
Isn't installing the new Debonair air shaft,effectively the same as installing Luftkappe?torn between both options.Anyone know the exact differences?

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Isn't installing the new Debonair air shaft,effectively the same as installing Luftkappe?torn between both options.Anyone know the exact differences?

I need to know this too. I have time on a luftkappe pike 160 and Lyrik 180. Luftkappe is such an improvement.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Isn't installing the new Debonair air shaft,effectively the same as installing Luftkappe?torn between both options.Anyone know the exact differences?

I need to know this too. I have time on a luftkappe pike 160 and Lyrik 180. Luftkappe is such an improvement.
im on a 2016 Lyrik rct3 and quite honestly it's terrible.never had arm pump from a fork as bad as this for years

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Isn't installing the new Debonair air shaft,effectively the same as installing Luftkappe?torn between both options.Anyone know the exact differences?

Simply put, I trust more someone who saw the issue with the weak neg spring way back and addressed the issue, instead of making bold coments of how plusher and more sensitive the new fork is from the previous one every 6 months and get to the new 2028 my product in just 1,5 year.
The marketing hype and bold claims from Rs and fox are ridiculous to say the least

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 1:26 Quote
Well I'm surprised. Enough to order one for my Lyriks.

What surprised me also was the need to drop psi a fair margin too. I normally use 105psi but I'm now on 85-90

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 2:12 Quote
Mhoracek wrote:
Well I'm surprised. Enough to order one for my Lyriks.

What surprised me also was the need to drop psi a fair margin too. I normally use 105psi but I'm now on 85-90
im 15st I only run 65psi in my Lyrik fir 30% sag.wonder if mine are knackered,or the MRP ramp control is affecting the fork feel in a negative way.Who knows?

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 3:48 Quote
zsandstrom wrote:
The Luftkappe is the best $80 I have ever spent to upgrade a bike. I don't think I'll ever use another RockShox fork without one. It's that much better.

Agree with this. Haven't tried it on the Yari, but on the Pike it makes a huge difference. Better small bump compliance, whilst maintaining midstroke support.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006913
Mobile Version of Website