Powered by Outside

Super B tool kits/sets? anyone tried there kit?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Super B tool kits/sets? anyone tried there kit?

Author Message
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
Hello all Smile

Been looking into getting a readymade toolkit (as to be honest it's just cheaper and quicker than buying tools individually over time) using the power of Google fu, I came across this lot-

http://www.superbiketool.com/prod3.asp?menu=3&cid=19

- Nice huh! Drool all looks good, but are they? yes there Taiwanese made, but from what I understand that's better than if they'd been made in china. (pretty much all toolkits I've found seem to come from either)
Anyone had experience with super B tools? as they seem to be pretty thin on the ground here in the UK at mo,
I'm still looking into weather there kits/sets can be bought here, may have to import them? as no UK distributor from what I can see as yet, which could well kill the idea altogether, still would be good to know if the tools would be worth putting in the effort to get.

Cheers if you can helpSmile

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 4:16 Quote
What's the pricing look like? I'm not seeing these for sale anywhere online, but these looks like decent sets.

IMO, slowly building a kit works perfectly fine. With the exception of a few specialty tools, a lot of bike specific stuff out there is just overpriced for the quality you get. A nice ratchet with a set of socket allen keys will get you 80% there. From that point everything will probably be specific to your bike and the components you have.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 6:07 Quote
Pricing I'm still checking out, as like you I cant find super B kits/sets online much, if at all (that's said weirdly Halfords seem to have a few of there tools for sale, but not full kits/sets) using guesswork here, they look to be on a par with the PRO (shimano) tool set range prices maybe a bit less? hard to say really as super B seem to have quite a few different sets there, and then some! not easy to compere them to any other brand that I know of.
The buying of individual tools to make a kit, I'd love to do, but on my sort of budget (cheap!) it would take me a fair while, poss even longer in trying to source good tools at cheaper prices. all in all it's just much less faff to get a kit/set, if you spend half your life like I do (hard work, phew!) looking out for the right price it's sort of works out well, price and quality wiseSmile
Will1848 wrote:
What's the pricing look like? I'm not seeing these for sale anywhere online, but these looks like decent sets.

IMO, slowly building a kit works perfectly fine. With the exception of a few specialty tools, a lot of bike specific stuff out there is just overpriced for the quality you get. A nice ratchet with a set of socket allen keys will get you 80% there. From that point everything will probably be specific to your bike and the components you have.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
Really nice quality. we used to rebrand tools made by them till all the big mailorder companies started banging them out for cost price for their own brand products...

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 10:59 Quote
OOooo..Smile good to know!
That said I still cant find any of there kits/sets even as rebranded look-a likey to buy here in the UK? which is odd as pretty much every kit/set I've so far seen is a rebrand of some sort (Halfords bikehut complete kit, is a rebranded Bikehand product, and then Bikehand is a rebrand of whatever else, and so on..) with maybe the acceptation of shimano's stuff (though they do make PRO's range of tool kits)
Closest thing to what looks like super B's kits I've found so far, is a few of X tools more extensive kits. (again a rebrand used to be known as "lifeline" wiggle and CRC's brand of tools) by the pictures on super b's site I'd say the quality of there tools might be a little better than others.
SuperstarComponents wrote:
Really nice quality. we used to rebrand tools made by them till all the big mailorder companies started banging them out for cost price for their own brand products...

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008340
Mobile Version of Website