commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
I'll second that on the customer service. I blew up my DHX2 shock, so I emailed Commencal USA. They called me within 30 minutes and told me exactly how to get the shock warrantied by Fox. Super helpful people

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 19:42 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
Little story about dealing with Commencal in Australia. My brand new 2020 Clash Race has a faulty KS dropper from out of the box. Commencal has asked me to send it to the KS distributor in Australia for repairs and also offered to pay the postage. Had the dropper faulted a few months down the track I'd be ok with this, but given that it is faulty right out of the box it would've been nice if they'd just swapped it out. Nevertheless I should credit them for their prompt response to my email.

Only letting you guys know because when I made the decision to buy a new Commencal one of the most important things to me was after sales service. Having had a nightmare ordeal with Trek a few years ago I never want to have to go through that shit again. This topic was the determining factor when choosing between a new Commencal and a new Canyon as I'd heard bad things about Canyon's service.

Canyon Australia post sales service has been great for myself and friends.

When looking at feedback of Commencal, YT and Canyon ... find out which office they are talking about as results heavily vary depending on country.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
tkdbboy wrote:
bgmullan wrote:
Little story about dealing with Commencal in Australia. My brand new 2020 Clash Race has a faulty KS dropper from out of the box. Commencal has asked me to send it to the KS distributor in Australia for repairs and also offered to pay the postage. Had the dropper faulted a few months down the track I'd be ok with this, but given that it is faulty right out of the box it would've been nice if they'd just swapped it out. Nevertheless I should credit them for their prompt response to my email.

Only letting you guys know because when I made the decision to buy a new Commencal one of the most important things to me was after sales service. Having had a nightmare ordeal with Trek a few years ago I never want to have to go through that shit again. This topic was the determining factor when choosing between a new Commencal and a new Canyon as I'd heard bad things about Canyon's service.

Canyon Australia post sales service has been great for myself and friends.

When looking at feedback of Commencal, YT and Canyon ... find out which office they are talking about as results heavily vary depending on country.

Commencal Canada service is great.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
Hey guys, i’m going to buy a clash but i can’t decide wich model between the essential fox brushed 2019 and the clash race 2020. There is a 400€ difference… is this difference worth it or not?
I will mainly use the bike for freeride, big jumps/tricks and bikepark, not so much enduro.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Hey guys, i’m going to buy a clash but i can’t decide wich model between the essential fox brushed 2019 and the clash race 2020. There is a 400€ difference… is this difference worth it or not?
I will mainly use the bike for freeride, big jumps/tricks and bikepark, not so much enduro.

I would go for the Race despite being more expensive.
I think the front and rear suspension from Rockshox is better, both from what i have read and that i am far from impressed with the 36 and X2 on my 2017 Scott Voltage FR710.
The Essential has E13 rims. E13 being one of few brands that i will never buy anything from again. On the other hand i will definetly buy Spank wheels again.
So pretty easy choice for me at least. Smile

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
What spring weights are everyone running on the super deluxe coil? I've got a large race which came with a 450lb coil but with myself only weighing 155lb kitted up i'm barely seeing 20% sag. I've wound all preload and compression damping off too!

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
dunkmoo wrote:
What spring weights are everyone running on the super deluxe coil? I've got a large race which came with a 450lb coil but with myself only weighing 155lb kitted up i'm barely seeing 20% sag. I've wound all preload and compression damping off too!

For your weight ... try 300 or 350 depending your style of riding.

Your rear will feel waaaay better

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 3:44 Quote
Cheers for the reply! I will give one of those a go

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
Has anyone set one of these up as a mullet yet? Not sure how I feel about the trend, just interested in how that would ride.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Houle427 wrote:
Has anyone set one of these up as a mullet yet? Not sure how I feel about the trend, just interested in how that would ride.
Hah yes tried a 29 wheel on the front, its so slack and feels and looks totally weird

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:
Houle427 wrote:
Hah yes tried a 29 wheel on the front, its so slack and feels and looks totally weird

Did you set it up with 180mm fork? I'm very tempted to go 160-170mm fork and 29er on front. Maybe an angleset too...

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
jerry88 wrote:
Adamtborski wrote:
Houle427 wrote:

Did you set it up with 180mm fork? I'm very tempted to go 160-170mm fork and 29er on front. Maybe an angleset too...

Honestly it would probably work with a 170mm fork, i had the 180 on it and it was totally weird.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
All right the season is almost over here in Quebec and I've never ridden as much as this summer, I don't know how many miles but let's say on average 3-4 ride per week since May. This bike still impresses me ! I've got the coil version and I'm wondering why they've removed all the coils for the 2020...bummer

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
querynotfound wrote:
First ride on the Commencal Clash
So I only have one true ride in on the Clash, but I'll still give my first ride impressions. Before this bike, I rode a 2017 Diamondback Catch, which is what my experience is based off of. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this bike. The true test will come this summer when the bike parks open up (I'm looking at you Trestle)
-Weight (size large): 35.3lbs / 16kg; set up tubeless with 420g pedals, a 102g bash guard, and about 100g in frame protection.
-HT angle: 65deg on the dot.
-Fit: I'm 6'0" / 1.83m tall, 33.5" / 85cm inseam, and 73" / 185cm wingspan. The Clash fits me just about perfectly.
-Suspension is currently set up how Fox recommends it.

Climbing: Actually pretty good, considering what this bike is intended for. With the firm lever engaged, this bike ascends slow, technical singletrack pretty well. I actually PR'ed on a segment or two.

Descending: Exactly what you expect. the coil is super plush and helps make the bike feel planted. In between downhills when I'm cranking on the pedals, the suspension doesn't wallow much at all.

I do have the seatstay issue, where the chain rubs on the seatstay guard in the 2 smallest gears. Commencal USA recommended replacing the stock guard with a thinner rubber, along the lines of 3M mastic tape. The support tech said he hadn't heard of new dropouts being developed, but he was going to ask Commencal HQ for confirmation. In the meantime, I moved the stock guard forward and put rubber mastic tape closer to the axle. It still rubs in the smallest cog, but I don't use that gear much anyways thanks to the 34t chainring.

I also had issues with the chainstay guard, where the plastic was deformed and wouldn't sit flush with the seatstay. Solved this one with a good ol' zip tie. Mine didn't have any adhesive on it, which I thought was odd.

I'll try to answer any questions you might have
Where in Fort Collins do you ride that thing!? It seems like it would be way too much bike for around here. I still really want one though!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
linamerlina wrote:
As private equity financial group, we offer reliable and swift loan assistance to those who genuinely need it, in a much more efficient and business friendly manner, and because of our unique position, we are strategically placed and best able to meet your needs, when and where you want them. At groundbreaking business friendly interest rates, which fit all pockets, we will be happy to help you in times of needs.

Share your thought and if interested contact us today via
E-mail: mahoganylendinggroup@gmail.com
Call: 431 804-7964

I mean, what reputable company doesn't use a gmail address right? @linamerlina please take your spam/scam shit out of here - you are not welcome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016676
Mobile Version of Website