commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Been lurking here for the last week and jus pulled a trigger on pre-order on 2021 Clash Origin as it was the earliest available delivery date of June 2021 for Canada.

I'm 6'2 about 200 lbs so I ordered Large size based on the comments here.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
srhamlin wrote:
JoshParsons87 wrote:

Only wish they had left a bit more steerer length

Same thing on my 2020... I ended up running a 50mm riser bar to feel comfortable

Which bars did you go with? My 2021 Clash Signature will hopefully arrive in the next
few weeks and higher bars is something I am already looking at. If you have a pic of
the bike with the bars that would be great.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
srhamlin wrote:
JoshParsons87 wrote:

Only wish they had left a bit more steerer length

Same thing on my 2020... I ended up running a 50mm riser bar to feel comfortable

Which bars did you go with? My 2021 Clash Signature will hopefully arrive in the next
few weeks and higher bars is something I am already looking at. If you have a pic of
the bike with the bars that would be great.

Spank vibrocore

photo

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
srhamlin wrote:
austin-moses wrote:
So just got my medium Clash, and at 6', I'm gonna say medium all day. But the way it fits I could also see a large working out pretty nicely. So if anyone ordered a medium/large and had a question on which to go with, I honestly don't think you're going to go wrong either way. The medium will probably be just a little bit easier to throw around and the large will be just a little bit more stable at speed. Nothing wrong with either in my mind, so I'd say just ride the bike and you'll learn to love it. As far as my take on the medium at my size: I came off of a large Nomad and it feels like a straight transfer from it to the medium clash as far as position and sizing goes. It certainly feels bigger than my friends mediums I've ridden in the past. The pedalling position is comfortable and I would have to stretch out pretty good to get my butt to touch the back wheel, so plenty of room to move when out of the saddle. I hope that helps anyone that was having that debate between which to go with, but If you're in between the medium and large, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thanks man. Still totally on the fence about which size to get compared to the 2020 I have.
Do you think if you were using yours as primarily a park bike you would wish you went large?

Sorry I didn’t reply to this so quickly. Honestly no, but that’s also me. I like to pick my bike up over things and like something that’s whippy and playful wherever I ride, park or trail. I’m sure 490mm reach works wonderfully for some people, but at the end of the day it’s just a lot of bike of to move around—in my opinion. That being said, that was my rationale and due to covid couldnt test riding anything and went with the geometry that was similar to what I really liked on my last bike. I don’t exactly know what the large would feel like, but I would say the medium isn’t too small. Honestly either way you go you’ll probably get it and say “yeah I picked the right size.”

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
So I just got a pretty serious crack on my 2019 clash frame. I’m assuming warranty will cover it because it’s right on the weld of the top tube.

I was hoping to get into a 2021 frame l, but after reading everything here it all sounds bonkers. I’m 6’ even 205lbs and my large 2019 felt super playful, I have no promblem spinning it. If anything it looked a bit small on me.

Buying a medium sounds absolutely ludicrous, I’m 17 hrs north of the Squamish dealer. so I don’t have the luxury of demoing one. I’m all for a playful bike, but scared to commit to a medium like a lot of tall riders are recommending..

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Ps. I have no idea how to post photos on here if it’s not in the buy and sell..

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Just orderd my clash - cant wait, at 183 went with large as im used to my 21 reign 29er and my 2021 slash both with longer top tubes and same reach, but i use a riser bar an shorter stem anyway for my fit and with a drop to 27.5 i couldnt see myself on a medium, i've seen the medium frame with a 5"4 rider and thats just too small with 27.5.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
So I just got a pretty serious crack on my 2019 clash frame. I’m assuming warranty will cover it because it’s right on the weld of the top tube.

I was hoping to get into a 2021 frame l, but after reading everything here it all sounds bonkers. I’m 6’ even 205lbs and my large 2019 felt super playful, I have no promblem spinning it. If anything it looked a bit small on me.

Buying a medium sounds absolutely ludicrous, I’m 17 hrs north of the Squamish dealer. so I don’t have the luxury of demoing one. I’m all for a playful bike, but scared to commit to a medium like a lot of tall riders are recommending..

The sizing on these was odd in that they were all sort of in between what other bikes were offering. The medium is the bottom end of where I think I’d want to be, but still entirely comfortable, and definitely big for a medium. It fits a lot like my previous nomad (large) and my friends large YT Capras and canyon torques. But seeing at how the medium fits me, I would say at 6’ that the large definitely won’t be too big either.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
haha -im 6ft and when i went to buy my 2020 slash everyone was saying to go to the XL and everyone who was similar height went XL, i ended up on a large but with 29er's it was already a monster truck but at least the smaller size helped its agility. i borrowed one of their bikes and put 27.5 wheels on it, suddenly it felt like my large on 29ers...
i rode an XL GT force carbon pro, so std 27.5 and it felt really good big enough to just smash down stuff at speed but the 27.5 kept it playful.

i compare those scenarios to the clash, especially if your used to 29ers. The regional commencal store guy when i rang and asked for sizing straight away asked what i was riding now(reign 21 29er, and slash 2021) and thats pretty much what he told me, if coming from 29 run the same frame sizing

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
Yaaaaaa I’m torn here, guess they actually have to reply to me about my warranty before I choose a frame..

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 1:14 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Just orderd my clash - cant wait, at 183 went with large as im used to my 21 reign 29er and my 2021 slash both with longer top tubes and same reach, but i use a riser bar an shorter stem anyway for my fit and with a drop to 27.5 i couldnt see myself on a medium, i've seen the medium frame with a 5"4 rider and thats just too small with 27.5.

i'm 182 and i was looking to get a size M. I've currently ride a 2015 nukeproof mega in size M a bit short for my height btw but i got used to haha

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 2:04 Quote
Alessioq wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

i'm 182 and i was looking to get a size M. I've currently ride a 2015 nukeproof mega in size M a bit short for my height btw but i got used to haha

take a look at blue line rider on youtube, hes 5"4, on a medium...the frame looks tiny. anther guy whos 5"10 is on a large an loves it.
My 2021 reign is technically just as big, if not longer top tube etc, and thats a large 29er... so with smaller wheels im not sure a medium would do me any good except just be playful, it's easier to make a slightly bigger frame playful with suspension firmness etc but its next to impossible to get a small frame to feel big.

max spacers under the stem on my reign shorten the reach by 20mm, remember reach is taken from the headtube not by the time you add spacers and any bar rise etc.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:00 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Alessioq wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

take a look at blue line rider on youtube, hes 5"4, on a medium...the frame looks tiny. anther guy whos 5"10 is on a large an loves it.
My 2021 reign is technically just as big, if not longer top tube etc, and thats a large 29er... so with smaller wheels im not sure a medium would do me any good except just be playful, it's easier to make a slightly bigger frame playful with suspension firmness etc but its next to impossible to get a small frame to feel big.

max spacers under the stem on my reign shorten the reach by 20mm, remember reach is taken from the headtube not by the time you add spacers and any bar rise etc.

Yes i've seen that video yesterday... the M size looks a bit small for him too in my opinion. Only thing that keeps me holding back from an L size is the commencal size chart, and the fact that i come from a old geometry bike

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:14 Quote
My regional commencal dealer asked what bike do i currently ride, i said a large 2021 reign which is 29er and i also had a large 2021 slash, both of which is basically 490 reach also. He replie with large instantly

My trek rail thats a large has similar reach etc to a medium clash, i definitely feel a little cramped on it even with a longer stem.

Consider weight too, if your not skinny bones then a bigger bike will also feel better.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
I think the fact that I’m holding onto the hope of tailwhiping this bike one day is making me not just grab a large..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020241
Mobile Version of Website