worst mistake your LBS has made on your bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
worst mistake your LBS has made on your bike
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
put the rong forks on

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
they where doing a crank(whole new set) and a de-railier,and a guy their lost some parts so inste of costing $80 it was like $140 but they only charged my $80,i spend lots of money their so they like me

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
I've had a few bike shops not proprly true my wheels. By that I mean getting them back with loose spokes. also I've had them incorrectly adjust derailers. But I found a really good bike shop in San Diego about 2 yrs ago, Beyond Bikes, and their mechanics always do a really good job and their sales people a really cool.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
i took my bike in to get a creak fixed and they wrecked the cranks and bottom bracket

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
jakebrick wrote:
I'm not here to argue with anyone, I just want legible sentences, I don't expect perfect grammatical structure from anyone. I just want to be able to understand, and have people from all different parts of the world also be able to understand the discussions that take place. This is an international forum, and if we all do our part, we won't come across as arrogant jerks who have no respect for any other languages besides English.
alright. its just a little hypocritical to give hell for some ones spelling, then have a grammatically incorrect sentence posted with EVERY post.
btw, im a horrible speller... so shoot me

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
jakebrick wrote:
I'm not here to argue with anyone, I just want legible sentences, I don't expect perfect grammatical structure from anyone. I just want to be able to understand, and have people from all different parts of the world also be able to understand the discussions that take place. This is an international forum, and if we all do our part, we won't come across as arrogant jerks who have no respect for any other languages besides English.

dude who f*cking cares if they can spell good or not

Because it's a pain in the ASS to take the time to decipher posts when the user does not take the time to spell properly. Mos da timee it s ppl talkn lik dis tha mak it hard to red post al da tim. Personally, I don't mind the odd spelling or grammar mistake, no one is perfect, including me! It's the ass wholes that think they are cool because they don't want to take the time to make a few extra key strokes.

Most of the time, I find that even if you do take the time to figure out what someone like that is trying to say, there is little to nothing that is actually worth reading in the post. You know how you can judge a person from their actions fairly quickly? Well, I would say the same goes for how they communicate over the internet. Someone that spells HORRIBLE or just simply does not take the time to type in all the letters to their words, is not someone that I want to talk to or get to know.

As for the biggest mistake my LBS has ever made, I would say it would be sending my FOX shock to MANITOU for warranty work. I am not positive that they have done this, as the shock is still in transit, however the manager was SURE that the shock he had just sent off was a Manitou, and not a fox, when in fact it was most definitely a Fox Van R. Time will tell.

P.S. Talk about grave digging Eek

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
norcofreeridderr wrote:
jakebrick wrote:

dude who f*cking cares if they can spell good or not

Because it's a pain in the ASS to take the time to decipher posts when the user does not take the time to spell properly. Mos da timee it s ppl talkn lik dis tha mak it hard to red post al da tim. Personally, I don't mind the odd spelling or grammar mistake, no one is perfect, including me! It's the ass wholes that think they are cool because they don't want to take the time to make a few extra key strokes.

Most of the time, I find that even if you do take the time to figure out what someone like that is trying to say, there is little to nothing that is actually worth reading in the post. You know how you can judge a person from their actions fairly quickly? Well, I would say the same goes for how they communicate over the internet. Someone that spells HORRIBLE or just simply does not take the time to type in all the letters to their words, is not someone that I want to talk to or get to know.

As for the biggest mistake my LBS has ever made, I would say it would be sending my FOX shock to MANITOU for warranty work. I am not positive that they have done this, as the shock is still in transit, however the manager was SURE that the shock he had just sent off was a Manitou, and not a fox, when in fact it was most definitely a Fox Van R. Time will tell.

P.S. Talk about grave digging Eek

"It's the ass wholes that think they are cool because they don't want to take the time to make a few extra key strokes." a*shole

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
"- Please check your spelling and try to use proper grammar when posting."

It says this every time you go to post, so yes, having correct spelling and grammar is greatly appreciated. That aside, this is NOT the grammar check thread, so let's get back on topic.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 2:50 Quote
thank you.

Since this thread is back up, I just want everyone to know that one of my local bike shops has apparently gotten worse than ever. I hope it goes out of business soon for the sake of new riders in my town. I recently talked to a kid who's brother just bought a 2006 norco, not sure of the model, but was devastated when he found out it was a 2006.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
worst that has happened to me was they put new bars on but they were loose so i tightened them when i got home..

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
THEY didnt grease a bult on my stem then stripped it!!!!!!!!!! gawsh, there like "awwww were retards!!" lol jk, but they said they will try to extract it with this special tool (happened today)

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 7:35 Quote
Took my bike to a shop and came back with a nice dent it the frame. Looks like another bike fell on it cause there was a rubber bruise In the dent.

Went to another shop because of a flat tire. To take the wheel off there is a screw that needs to be loosen in order to take the axle off. Well they did not loosen it and I was shopping around and they used a vice grip to try to take it off. I guess a lesson for me on not being lazy.

One time I took my fork in and got it back with the seals on crooked, sametime with the dent in the frame. I now do 90% of the work on my bikes my self, things like re threading bb, machine work, seased post/bb are done by the only bike shop in Toronto that knows there shit biseagal on Carlaw.

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 9:44 Quote
this thread is the reason i do all of my own maintanence and repairs. if i dont know how to do it i ask a shop member who knows how.. but then again my LBS is legit

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 at 4:14 Quote
newbikesoon wrote:
this thread is the reason i do all of my own maintanence and repairs. if i dont know how to do it i ask a shop member who knows how.. but then again my LBS is legit

Exactly ! there is nothing anyone can't do on a bike if they have all their digits on their hands.

A friend of mine put his bike in for an over haul , it come back with rear axle undone , brake caliper undone and shock bolts undone...

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 at 12:46 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Exactly ! there is nothing anyone can't do on a bike if they have all their digits on their hands..

Disagree.

There are plenty of times where it would simply be moronic to spend the amount of money needed on a part just for a one time fix. Think chasing and facing a BB, the park tool is over 1k retail for that. I can't fathom anyone spending that for something they'll use once every five years or so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017149
Mobile Version of Website