Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 22:26 Quote
Turboute wrote:
I’ve got the megatower specific one, it’s a tight fit and the rebound adjuster is right underneath the rear shock guard. Fwiw the xl Cc v2 frame is half a kilo heavier than my v1 xl c frame, I’ve only pedalled it up and down the street, I think it’s going to be a good bit of gear

Is there a trick to reaching/adjusting the the rebound under the shock guard? I just got a vivid for my mega and I am kinda annoyed about that rebound placement.

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 5:04 Quote
No trick other than having to remove the fender to make it easy. I have a super deluxe coil on my one and it drives me crazy trying to adjust rebound, it’s so awkward it’s make it’s really hard to count clicks so your always left wondering was that 5 or 6!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:12 Quote
bronson2point1 wrote:
Turboute wrote:
I’ve got the megatower specific one, it’s a tight fit and the rebound adjuster is right underneath the rear shock guard. Fwiw the xl Cc v2 frame is half a kilo heavier than my v1 xl c frame, I’ve only pedalled it up and down the street, I think it’s going to be a good bit of gear

Is there a trick to reaching/adjusting the the rebound under the shock guard? I just got a vivid for my mega and I am kinda annoyed about that rebound placement.

i'm running a marz bomber coil, and i can get my fingers (without gloves on) on the rebound adjuster if i lift up the fender back there with a second hand. agreed it's not the best, but it's not as bad as the forbidden druid that my buddy has, he has to take the shock off to get to his rebound adjuster

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:37 Quote
craigyboy wrote:
No trick other than having to remove the fender to make it easy. I have a super deluxe coil on my one and it drives me crazy trying to adjust rebound, it’s so awkward it’s make it’s really hard to count clicks so your always left wondering was that 5 or 6!!!

I guess I will take off the shock fender while I get the shock dialed in and then put it back

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 15:06 Quote
bronson2point1 wrote:
Turboute wrote:

Another win for team Cane Creek Kitsuma. All dials on top of the shock.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 9:17 Quote
Apparently Santa Cruz have stopped selling Frame only, at least in the UK. I was about to hit the button to buy one.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 23:05 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Apparently Santa Cruz have stopped selling Frame only, at least in the UK. I was about to hit the button to buy one.
That is weird

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 23:34 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:

Who told you this? And are you talking about a specific frame? As you can currently buy many SC as frames? Or are you talking about the next model year?

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2024 at 8:57 Quote
A local Santa Cruz stockist for the 2024 Megatower frames. SC have pulled them all from sale so they can sell them as full bikes as they have lots of stock of parts.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 8:17 Quote
Stiff have the older colours, gold and the blue for sale as frames. Just did a quick google search and a few other places have the updated colours. Any colour and size you were on the hunt for??

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 13:56 Quote
I was looking for the carbon black in XL.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 20:09 Quote
Stripped shock mount and SC not honoring their warranty... let me know if anyone needs an XL blue rear triangle. I am done with this brand after 10 years of loyalty. Since Pon bought them out they are a shadow of a once great brand.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 20:55 Quote
Interesting hearing others feelings on the brand lately. I have had nothing but amazing service in the last few years. Several incidents involving either a crash or rock strike, or just odd issues being handled under warranty for me, and promptly.

When I got my Megatower there was an odd noise my LBS manager and I just could not figure out. Santa Cruz sent me everything basically aside from the triangles and rear shock in order to figure out the issues.

Can't say enough good things about the warranty process and customer experience I have had with Santa Cruz.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009287
Mobile Version of Website