MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 22:38 Quote
Just unrelated, but does RMR work at a sram service center or something?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 22:42 Quote
iridedj wrote:
Just unrelated, but does RMR work at a sram service center or something?

I was just about to ask this question lol. He's Extremely knowledgeable and helpful!

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 22:57 Quote
SRAM no, industry yes. I design stuff.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
SRAM no, industry yes. I design stuff.

Very cool

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
I don't know about that, but I'm glad I can impress a few people on the internet. Geek

Everyone here is probably an expert in something, we just happen to be discussing one of my somethings.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
Why is that no pro bikes I've seen lately are using megneg? Better suspension platform?

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
Why is that no pro bikes I've seen lately are using megneg? Better suspension platform?

I was wondering this as well. The only commencal rider that has it is Amaury Pieron. Everyone else on the commencal team that runs the super deluxe doesn't have it. Custom valving/tune maybe?

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
photo

Lately - some are testing new products

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
kwapik wrote:
photo

I would expect shocks getting wider instead...looks weird hehe

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
kwapik wrote:
photo

Opposite of megneg?

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
I noticed that trek kid has the megneg on his bike check. It's likely that pros also get custom links/flip chips as well.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
Long negative spring is best negative spring.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:

Yoann Barelli runs one on his GG. Doesn't race though from what I know.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
lilaubert wrote:
Hi, looking some advise with my megneg on my privateer 161. I am running 2 bands and 2 tokens but I almost bottom out on big hits and looking for more support in middle stroke. I have seen people removing all tokens in positive chamber but for me I am guessing I will bottom out even more without tokens right? I am going to do some testing later today and wondering where to start, any advise? Cheers
You can never just create support, you're always more just shifting it around. So if you were to remove the tokens from the positive chamber and run higher pressure it would give you more mid-stroke support but it would be taking some away from bottom out resistance. I've never ridden a privateer and I don't know you're body type, but on my 2017 transition Patrol I was running no tokens in the positive chamber and no bands in the negative and I'm 5'11 170 lb and it felt perfect. Transitions giddy up link is extremely active, the larger negative air chamber made it super supple off the top with great Small bump compliance and then with no tokens I had great mid stroke support for climbing and sprinting out of the saddle and then I ran high enough pressure that I would rarely find the bottom. I noticed it helped running my fork with the high speed compression a little past halfway more towards fully damped

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013191
Mobile Version of Website