Firearms

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 1:43 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
fielonator wrote:
eshew wrote:

The less guns out there the better, I'm normal and responsible so shouldn't effect me.

9 out of 10 crazy people don't think they're crazy. I'm normal and don't wish to own a gun. Maybe that's a good way to be sure.

Maybe your just a pussy who only asks others for help...you know, when push comes to shove. Maybe your wife will man up and get a firearm....

You're, not your. A real man settles things with his fists, or words.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
I really wanna start arming bears. Remote control .50 cal brownings strapped on their backs. It’s the real American Dream! They could gun down conservationists and chase off home invaders because they’re Armed Effing Bears!!!

Now for the love of god let this flamebait thread die in the ignominious hell it deserves and a pox upon you who hath unearthed it.

I like to settle a dispute with my bear hands. Got them on ebay, they're great.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
fielonator wrote:

It is not about pulling a gun on anyone who you get in an argument with. Honestly, if you want to talk about disputes and handling them like a grown man, maybe not physically harming someone at all is a more appropriate response. Being civilized and talking about it? All it takes is one strong punch and the guy can die.

Owning a firearm is about being prepared for the absolute worst. Someone approaches you with a knife or a gun.... Your knockoff ebay hands might not get you very far. Or someone breaks into your house at night to kill you and rape your wife... Maybe you can still return those things to ebay?

If you don't want to own a gun that is fine. Just stop pushing your high and mighty attitude/beliefs on everyone else. You're just as bad as all the hard tail riders that tell everyone they don't NEED FS bikes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 16:02 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
fielonator wrote:

It is not about pulling a gun on anyone who you get in an argument with. Honestly, if you want to talk about disputes and handling them like a grown man, maybe not physically harming someone at all is a more appropriate response. Being civilized and talking about it? All it takes is one strong punch and the guy can die.

Owning a firearm is about being prepared for the absolute worst. Someone approaches you with a knife or a gun.... Your knockoff ebay hands might not get you very far. Or someone breaks into your house at night to kill you and rape your wife... Maybe you can still return those things to ebay?

If you don't want to own a gun that is fine. Just stop pushing your high and mighty attitude/beliefs on everyone else. Your just as bad as all the hard tail riders that tell everyone they don't NEED FS bikes.

Friend, you can’t talk common sense into people. They either have it or they don’t. Not worth wasting your breath. 2A for freedom.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
Ohiomtbwannab wrote:
howmaybesgo wrote:
fielonator wrote:

If you don't want to own a gun that is fine. Just stop pushing your high and mighty attitude/beliefs on everyone else. Your just as bad as all the hard tail riders that tell everyone they don't NEED FS bikes.

Friend, you can’t talk common sense into people. They either have it or they don’t. Not worth wasting your breath. 2A for freedom.

You're both absolutely right. What the heck was i even thinking? Much safer to fire bullets into anybody that's trying to steal my tv than risk killing them with my kung-fu dragon-bear punch.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
fielonator wrote:

You're both absolutely right. What the heck was i even thinking? Much safer to fire bullets into anybody that's trying to steal my tv than risk killing them with my kung-fu dragon-bear punch.

Huh. Around here chances are slim someone makes it to the TV...I have hardwood. Probably easier to clean than carpet, no?

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
We should be thankful that congress approved $1200 per adult for bulk ammo to prepare for the corona-pocalypse

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
fielonator wrote:

Yes, it would be much better to turn on the light and politely ask the person who broke into my house what they are there for..... If he does have a weapon on him I will simply ask him not to use it.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Mntneer - that will depend on your calibur and what not.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
Time to stock up on that wolf steel case .223. Just make sure to buy a spare barrel.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
If you really feel the need to dispel the stubborn blob and stuck for
ideas without the need to go large : )

http://www.laugoarms.com/alien.html

with a suitable load off

https://clarkarmory.com/products/g2-research-rip-9mm-ammunition

Perhaps a little penetration is your prefered thing, then maybe the

FN 5.7×28mm

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
I was never impressed with SS190 5.7mm in SMG form. The pistol has its uses.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
While I have no experience with the 5.7, I would happily carry a 4.6 in SMG form in CQB situations any day. I'd be a bit reluctant to rely on it unless I was just clearing buildings, and since I'm not in the military anymore, I'll just stick with my trusty 5.56

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
.9mm on the hip, .556 in the whip and 6.5x47 for the long range targets.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
So I guess you now need a gun to run in the US as well?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/05/us/ahmaud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

I have to say, I no longer plan to travel to ride in the US. I always wanted to go to Moab but there are safer places to go. I swear, most places in the third world would be safer. Costa Rica? Hands down. Brazil? Call it a toss up?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013117
Mobile Version of Website