2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 4:28 Quote
yeah in the meantime i bought a new frame and i am gonna sell the warranty then. i just like alu more

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Mine was manufactured in November 2020 so I am hoping I am protected by rolling updates to the layup that were made on the quiet after the first year of crackage.
I pulled the back end off mine this AM. So we’ll made, like Santa Cruz. Looks like just the main pivot bearings need a strip and re-lube. All the others are really smooth still at 750km of usage since July.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
You guys are scaring me haha

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
makripper wrote:
You guys are scaring me haha

My dealer told me to check the head tube every month or two. Small shop and they’ve seen one break this year.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
I remember reading somewhere that there may have been some link to the SWAT steerer carrier and cracking headtubes on the Enduro. Mine has been fine and it was from the first run of frames and has seen a couple seasons of abuse, but I use a regular star nut and stock FSA headset. I even did something stupid when swapping stems around and did a 5000ft descent with a loose headset, kind of expected damage but it was fine.

As for other cracking issues they almost all seem to be stress/manufacturing fractures vs impacts like on the SJ Evo. At least the stress cracks are fully covered under warranty but the lead times aren't great. I've worked at a fairly prominent Specialized dealer since the bike came out and have not had any come in with cracks, have seen a couple cracked Evos though

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
I have heard that about the Swat tool. I don't see how it can affect the frame once the stem screws are tightened. I'm going to ditch it anyway just in case.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
I was wondering if anyone had used their enduro with a smart trainer like the wahoo kickr or if anyone knew what specialized had to say about compatibility? I'm thinking about getting one for winter training.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 0:28 Quote
Wouldn't you just use a road bike?

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 0:58 Quote
jaame wrote:
Wouldn't you just use a road bike?

I could but then I have to buy a road bike too and I wouldn’t be training in the same body position

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 6:36 Quote
Nope Have a dedicated road bike for the trainer.Sram xx1 cassettes are to expensive to burn up on the trainer, and carbon fiber and trainers are a solid Nope.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
Next self made problem I need advice on:

In the back of the Enduro there are approx two 3mm thick washers with rubber seals on each side of every bearing. I have lost one of them. Dropped it on my motorbike as I pulled the suspension link apart and it's disappeared.

Any ideas on where to get one - links?

I live about ten mins walk from a Specialized dealer but I have the impression I will walk in there and ask, and they will be happy to supply me with 14 of the seal washers for £49.99.

Thoughts?

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
jaame wrote:
I have heard that about the Swat tool. I don't see how it can affect the frame once the stem screws are tightened. I'm going to ditch it anyway just in case.

I think it has to do with a loose headset. Tollerance must be really small. Steerer tube must be cutted exactly within the range for the swat anchor bolts to attached everything. I had to trim 2mm of my steerer tube so that the bolt attached properly the swat top cap. Going with a star nut would have been way easier.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
jaame wrote:

I think it has to do with a loose headset. Tollerance must be really small. Steerer tube must be cutted exactly within the range for the swat anchor bolts to attached everything. I had to trim 2mm of my steerer tube so that the bolt attached properly the swat top cap. Going with a star nut would have been way easier.

The newer OneUp carrier is a nice option too. Mine didn’t come with the SWAT tool so I bought the OneUp instead, and I could buy just the holder to move the tool to my other bike with ease.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
They'll probably only sell you a full hardware kit at that point.

jaame wrote:

In the back of the Enduro there are approx two 3mm thick washers with rubber seals on each side of every bearing. I have lost one of them. Dropped it on my motorbike as I pulled the suspension link apart and it's disappeared.

I live about ten mins walk from a Specialized dealer but I have the impression I will walk in there and ask, and they will be happy to supply me with 14 of the seal washers for £49.99.

Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 20:52 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
They'll probably only sell you a full hardware kit at that point.

jaame wrote:

Thoughts?

"Sorry sir, we don't stock that part any more but we can offer you that S-Works in the window over there. We accept Mastercard, Visa or vital organs"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.128636
Mobile Version of Website