The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
Mod
Posted: May 8, 2023 at 7:18 Quote
if it had said 7/10 speed dh drivetrain and a rigid seatpost this would be a sick ass freeride bike

Mod
Posted: Jun 11, 2023 at 19:43 Quote
got damn!!!

Posted: Jun 12, 2023 at 23:13 Quote
I don't know what it is, but it has external cables and inverted forks, so it has to be good.

Posted: Jun 12, 2023 at 23:41 Quote
It’s a Banshee Legend 29. Big plus with external cable routing

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 4:46 Quote
Excuse my ignorance, but why is external cable routing preferred for DH? Purely for easy maintenance/replacement?

Gorgeous build Salute

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
Philitup wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but why is external cable routing preferred for DH? Purely for easy maintenance/replacement?

Gorgeous build Salute

It's functional for racers, particularly if you do your own mechanics

If you have a mechanical (e.g. smash your brake lever which happens quite a lot when you slide out or hit a tree) you can easily swap on a new brake and get back on the hill.

Internal cables makes things slower, messier and more complicated.

Also if you're in a resort like Whistler or Morzine.l you can grab a new brake and rejoin your buddies asap. You don't have to bleed the new brake and fiddle around with the routing etc.

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 11:36 Quote
The whinging about internal routing is so stupid... it's just looking for reasons to complain and then inventing outlier situations to justify those complaints.

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 11:45 Quote
No one complaining here. I have bikes with both and don’t really mind either, especially with some of the new brakes designed for the routing. If I had a choice though I would choose external. It wouldn’t sway my decision to buy a certain bike either.

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 19:23 Quote
Updated my V10. Love this bike, although I really like the new one that is coming out.

2021 Large V10CC. Put a fox 40 w/ Grip 2 damper (custom tuned), Sram X01DH, Saint crankset, and deity speedway bars.

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 0:38 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
Updated my V10. Love this bike, although I really like the new one that is coming out.

2021 Large V10CC. Put a fox 40 w/ Grip 2 damper (custom tuned), Sram X01DH, Saint crankset, and deity speedway bars.

photo

Puah, nice!! Black beauty!

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 5:58 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The whinging about internal routing is so stupid... it's just looking for reasons to complain and then inventing outlier situations to justify those complaints.

I would say the whinging about the preferences of others is so stupid

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 11:43 Quote
redemption08 wrote:

photo

Fully murdered out. That looks great. Love how that EXT Arma pops on there.

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 11:58 Quote
shaloUCH wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I would say the whinging about the preferences of others is so stupid
You mean like people who bemoan the proliferation of internal cabling... yeah, that's what I said, glad you agree.

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 15:06 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
redemption08 wrote:

photo

Fully murdered out. That looks great. Love how that EXT Arma pops on there.

Thanks. Had some silver brakes on her, like it better murdered out. The ext feels so nice. Cant wait to see the new one. Although this one rides really nice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025131
Mobile Version of Website