V4 Nomad Poppy/Playful?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
V4 Nomad Poppy/Playful?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
Hey all, I am looking at the V4 nomad as my new park bike, it’s not going to probably ever be pedaled so that’s not a factor.

I currently have a V2 Bronson that’s great, super poppy and playful. Does the V4 Nomad share those same characteristics? I’ve read a few people claiming that it doesn’t “come to life” until you start riding at Mach one speeds? I like to go fast but also take my time once in a while popping off features etc...

I’m basically looking for my Bronson’s playfulness but with more ability to plow through rough stuff and be more stable at high speed without having to pick lines all the time....

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 17:46 Quote
Hawkinco wrote:
Hey all, I am looking at the V4 nomad as my new park bike, it’s not going to probably ever be pedaled so that’s not a factor.

I currently have a V2 Bronson that’s great, super poppy and playful. Does the V4 Nomad share those same characteristics? I’ve read a few people claiming that it doesn’t “come to life” until you start riding at Mach one speeds? I like to go fast but also take my time once in a while popping off features etc...

I’m basically looking for my Bronson’s playfulness but with more ability to plow through rough stuff and be more stable at high speed without having to pick lines all the time....

yes and no. with suspension setup correctly, 100%.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
Hawkinco wrote:

I concur.

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 22:19 Quote
No. Not poppy. Not playful. Snowplow yes. Leopard Mk. 2 tank yes.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
MattyBoyR6 wrote:
Hawkinco wrote:

I concur.

I conconcurur.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
Hawkinco wrote:

I run my Nomad with the shock rebound maxed out and it's okay poppy.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
MattyBoyR6 wrote:
Hawkinco wrote:

I concur.

Agree.

FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 19:47 Quote
Nomad feels great for Park, especially in the Low setting..

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 1:13 Quote
Being poppy is really about speed imho, with the right shock setup my v4 goes higher than v3

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017266
Mobile Version of Website