New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Jan 16, 2024 at 11:02 Quote
Any word on the new Status 160?

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2024 at 13:35 Quote
I bought a frame on sale for $749 and am building it up with coil fork/shock as a single speed for park riding & general yobbing around. Is there a newer model than what's been on sale for a while now?

Posted: Jan 16, 2024 at 18:44 Quote
I doubt they'll be redesigning the Status any time soon. In its current form, it's perfectly functional and at a great price point.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 2:41 Quote
photo
Decided to try out coil, bought the new RS coil while it was on sale. Still waiting for better weather to test it out properly, but so far I am liking it. Currently using a 500lbs spring and getting ~21% sag for my riding weight of 85kg/187lbs.

Thinking of trying a 450lbs spring to get closer to 30%. Which coil spring rates are you guys running for this weight?

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 5:32 Quote
KrampaKiller wrote:
Decided to try out coil, bought the new RS coil while it was on sale. Still waiting for better weather to test it out properly, but so far I am liking it. Currently using a 500lbs spring and getting ~21% sag for my riding weight of 85kg/187lbs.

Thinking of trying a 450lbs spring to get closer to 30%. Which coil spring rates are you guys running for this weight?

Tbh i would sell it on before it breaks or is damaged. The Long Yoke makes the frame unsuited for coil shocks. I tried the coil shock with the thickest piston (DVO Jade X - 14mm Piston) and even that had severe rubbing marks on the underside of the piston after just a few months. Shocks with thinner Pistons have been reported to outright break in half when used with long yokes such as on this bike, old Spesh Enduro, Ibis bikes etc.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 7:28 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
Tbh i would sell it on before it breaks or is damaged. The Long Yoke makes the frame unsuited for coil shocks. I tried the coil shock with the thickest piston (DVO Jade X - 14mm Piston) and even that had severe rubbing marks on the underside of the piston after just a few months. Shocks with thinner Pistons have been reported to outright break in half when used with long yokes such as on this bike, old Spesh Enduro, Ibis bikes etc.

I am aware of the issues (I saw the exploded DHX2) so I did some research beforehand. In the new RS coil the shaft and eyelet are one piece and it has a hydraulic bottom out so the chance of a catastrophic failure should be a lot lower. In another status thread some emailed RS to see if this coil is good to use on the bike and RS said its ok. The Lost Co also did a lot of testing with this shock on the stumpy evo, which has a similar suspension layout, and they found no issues so far and recommend it for the stumpy evo. I also wrote them to see what they think about it on the status, they said they havent tested it but they dont see any issues in using it. Regarding the rubbing marks, I think RS put also longer/overlapping bushings so this may help with that, but in the end the shaft/piston is not to expensive of a part to replace.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 19:34 Quote
I have a Bomber CR and haven’t broken it yet. If I do, it’s not that much money to replace. Fox had a table with max allowable yoke length for each type of shock and a Bomber was ok with the length of yoke on a Status.

So maybe the RS is ok. I’d run it.

I’m using a 550 lb spring at about 205 lbs. 450lb at your weight and desired sag closer to high 20s or 30% sounds about right to me. It’s normal to have like 3-4 springs in your toolbox, right?!?

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 9:45 Quote
BSV wrote:
KrampaKiller wrote:
Cody-Sparkman wrote:
I bought a status 160 from pink bike and im loving it, just wanting to boost the travel to 170mm front and rear just idk how to find a shock for it.

If you are running the stock fox 36 rhythm just get a longer, 170mm specific, airshaft.

Regarding the shock, the stock fox float x or the older dpx2, you should be able to to increase the stroke of the shock from 60mm to 65mm by removing a spacer inside, but dont quote me on that. Or just get shock with 230x65 dimensions.

This is correct. Just be careful not to knick the shaft when cutting the spacer off.

I have a Fox 36 Factory and a Float X

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 3:41 Quote
Anyone know how much the reach changes between low BB and high BB? Geo only listed at low BB height.

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 8:26 Quote
markrulesok wrote:
Anyone know how much the reach changes between low BB and high BB? Geo only listed at low BB height.

like 5mm or so, I love low bb due to increased stack heigh.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014827
Mobile Version of Website