2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Any idea when the 2021 Stumpjumper is going to be released? Am looking to buy a 2020 model, but may wait if the 2021s come out this fall.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
I've been keeping an eye out for the 2021's as well. Shops are cleaned out of everything still. Holding on to rumors that it may be a new frame as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
Pirated pictures popped up somewhere else and were quickly removed due the embargo. It does not have the lower linkage setup of the Enduro, but they have definitely modified it significantly. No horst link at the rear end, now relies on engineered flex and the shock is driven off the mid point of the link rather than the top of the link. Definitely longer and slacker. The version that I saw was the ST setup with a Fox 34 and looked to be around 65.5 HA most likely adjustable to 65 as well. Also noticeably longer, probably 25-30 mm in reach with a steeper SA. I remember some statements from the Enduro release that they could have gotten similar results from the current layout, but packaging issues were the problem. Maybe that was due to the length of the shock? Who knows, but the bike looks really good.

The picture posted was the internal marketing photo that they use for the Specialized website so it can't be too far out now. BTW they also mentioned sizes S1 - S6 which is really good news for everyone at the edges of the bell curve in height.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 22:19 Quote
2021 Stumpy is live on the China site.

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
MegaMatt5000 wrote:

Do you have a link? I couldn’t see it

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
howie286 wrote:
MegaMatt5000 wrote:

Couldn’t find it either.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
salespunk wrote:
Pirated pictures popped up somewhere else and were quickly removed due the embargo. It does not have the lower linkage setup of the Enduro, but they have definitely modified it significantly. No horst link at the rear end, now relies on engineered flex and the shock is driven off the mid point of the link rather than the top of the link. Definitely longer and slacker. The version that I saw was the ST setup with a Fox 34 and looked to be around 65.5 HA most likely adjustable to 65 as well. Also noticeably longer, probably 25-30 mm in reach with a steeper SA. I remember some statements from the Enduro release that they could have gotten similar results from the current layout, but packaging issues were the problem. Maybe that was due to the length of the shock? Who knows, but the bike looks really good.

The picture posted was the internal marketing photo that they use for the Specialized website so it can't be too far out now. BTW they also mentioned sizes S1 - S6 which is really good news for everyone at the edges of the bell curve in height.

Sounds rad. Thanks for that.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
howie286 wrote:
MegaMatt5000 wrote:

Hmm I'm not seeing it anymore either. Maybe they slipped up and accidentally put it up before they should have.

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
Should be soon........

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
As a Weeman, I'm a little bummed that I am hearing 29er only, although, they swear they have the stand-over and Geo to accommodate us wee folks on the 2021 model.

Was holding out for the 2021 for the revised rear suspension.

First world short dude problems Big Grin

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
Lavacon wrote:
As a Weeman, I'm a little bummed that I am hearing 29er only, although, they swear they have the stand-over and Geo to accommodate us wee folks on the 2021 model.

Was holding out for the 2021 for the revised rear suspension.

First world short dude problems Big Grin

It is completely revised, the whole bike..

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
connerkuhns wrote:

It is completely revised, the whole bike..

Well we know this now, for a while I was only anticipating the revised rear. That still doesn't make me feel any better about going full 29er. Will find out soon enough.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
Does anyone know when it’ll be released? A picture? A taste!

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
specializedmacleod wrote:
Does anyone know when it’ll be released? A picture? A taste!

My LBS told we will all see within the next 2 weeks

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
And what about being able to purchase?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012645
Mobile Version of Website