2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Sep 30, 2023 at 21:38 Quote
My coworker put a Super Deluxe Ultimate and a 150mm Lyrik on his SJ Carbon and he loves it. The SDU takes harder hits better.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2023 at 20:47 Quote
Just bought an s - works s3 SJ on closeout. Moving up travel from my EE which I loved but time for a change. Other bike is status 160 coiled. And a HT. Gonna be riding Utah and PNW. What’s the story with rear fox shock that comes on frame. Better aftermarket options? My goal is NOT to over bike this thing I want to keep it light and spry , so would like to keep single chamber inline shock style,. Used to be fox fanboi but have been Uber impressed with sidluxe and SD coil as well as pike and zeb forks the last two years. Advanced rider, riding weight 165-180 depending, on ya know. Farts and food.
arrives next week. Can’t wait to build.

Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 0:01 Quote
I switched from the stock Fox to a Deluxe Ultimate to pair with a Pike Ultimate up front.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
I put a Float X on mine, it really suits the bike well, handles the chunky/rooty stuff with more confidence. Basically no downside other than a slight weight penalty

Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 6:49 Quote
I would ride the original DPS if I were you before considering another shock. The consensus has been that the oem tune is really good.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 8:18 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
I would ride the original DPS if I were you before considering another shock. The consensus has been that the oem tune is really good.

Thanks. Wondering this too.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 12:17 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:

I would add to that, ride it in trail mode, not fully open. Feels way better IMO.

Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 13:24 Quote
I have a super deluxe ultimate for a year. It took air in the damper so I need to send it for a service. In the meantime I put the DPS back and honestly it doesn’t feel worst, if I would have been able to try before I would not have bought it. The only place where the SDU performs a little bit better is square edge hits but nothing transcendent

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 0:25 Quote
No but that's basically how I had my SJ Carbon built up, but with X01 AXS and a Reverb AXS.

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 5:18 Quote
seraph wrote:
No but that's basically how I had my SJ Carbon built up, but with X01 AXS and a Reverb AXS.

And how was it? how did it compare to "stock"?

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 23:17 Quote
I'm not sure, I've never ridden a stock Stumpjumper Carbon. Mine was a frame-up build.
New X01 10-50 cassette and XX1 copper chain.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2023 at 11:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
I'm not sure, I've never ridden a stock Stumpjumper Carbon. Mine was a frame-up build.
New X01 10-50 cassette and XX1 copper chain.

the ltd stumpjumper is also a mullet.

Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 23:36 Quote
Yeah I bought the mullet link but couldn't bring myself to spend the money in building another 27.5" Reserve wheel.

My co-worker has his Stumpy Carbon set up as a mullet, with a 150mm Lyrik and Super Deluxe Ultimate.

Posted: Dec 12, 2023 at 16:07 Quote
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
Hey guys,

It has been quiet here for a while.
A friend has gone experimental and put something interesting together.he has found a new Fox DHX2 with 200x51 mm and decide to give it a go. It will fit with the flip chip in low position + offset bushings. It makes around 145 mm Travel with bb weight 335mm with 27.5 rear wheel.
A 160mm fork with 29 wheel were installer to match and create a more playful stumpjumper Evo.

Cheers

Stumpjumper 22 Mullet
Stumpjumper 22 Mullet
Stumpjumper 22 Mullet
How's this holding up?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027916
Mobile Version of Website