2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 0:13 Quote
Question for Stumpjumper owners as I searched the thread and didn't find an answer here or other places online; has anyone had clearance issues between the frame and rear brake caliper when trying to run a 203mm rotor? I see that the Specialized manual states 200mm rotors are fine in the rear but am concerned with interference between the caliper and seatstay with how the frame is designed. I also see that Specialized specs 180mm rotors in the rear for their builds. I'm interested in a frame swap and would ideally run 203mm rotors with Shimano 4-piston brakes.

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 4:05 Quote
watt95 wrote:
Question for Stumpjumper owners as I searched the thread and didn't find an answer here or other places online; has anyone had clearance issues between the frame and rear brake caliper when trying to run a 203mm rotor? I see that the Specialized manual states 200mm rotors are fine in the rear but am concerned with interference between the caliper and seatstay with how the frame is designed. I also see that Specialized specs 180mm rotors in the rear for their builds. I'm interested in a frame swap and would ideally run 203mm rotors with Shimano 4-piston brakes.

All good with the 203mm xt and xtr rotors on my side (size S4)

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 4:59 Quote
Ran Magura 203’s on my S4 for a year, no issues at all.

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 10:25 Quote
Awesome, thank you both

Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 10:40 Quote
photo

Going with a less aggressive tire setup this year. Specialized ground control 2.35 front and rear. Previous few seasons had a DHF and DHRII on the bike and while it was great for roots, tech bits and that one trip to Quebec, in southern Ontario on dusty hardpack I think I may have overdone it. I'm pumped for less rolling resistance. Hopefully I don't lose too much everywhere else. Also switched the phenom saddle for a WTB volt. Hoping for more comfort on longer rides too.

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 11:11 Quote
Badsoupp wrote:
photo

Going with a less aggressive tire setup this year. Specialized ground control 2.35 front and rear. Previous few seasons had a DHF and DHRII on the bike and while it was great for roots, tech bits and that one trip to Quebec, in southern Ontario on dusty hardpack I think I may have overdone it. I'm pumped for less rolling resistance. Hopefully I don't lose too much everywhere else. Also switched the phenom saddle for a WTB volt. Hoping for more comfort on longer rides too.

Bike looks great. Is that a matte frame with a more shiny wrap?

I also prefer the less agressive tires, and the GCs work fine. I tend to run a Purgatory up front (esp the latest one) for some more bite if it's loose or wet. It's incredible how much tires like these + light wheels changes the Stumpy.

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 19:22 Quote
It's actually a matte frame with a matte wrap believe it or not. Turned out more shiny than I thought, but i'm fine with it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 13:34 Quote
IMO the matte frames look awesome with the gloss Ride Wrap. My co-worker put a gloss wrap on his 2023 SJ Carbon and it looks so much better.

Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 14:24 Quote
Anyone know what the stock shock tune for a stumpy is?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020704
Mobile Version of Website